Not sure if WhatsApp has this feature, but I know Telegram does (and many said Telegram is a WhatsApp clone).

BBM should have this feature, I'm surprised that bbry hasn't implemented this already.

To have the ability to set a timer for how long the message is accessible, just like Glympse, would be awesome. And not just message via text but also voice notes and video.

Edit, looks like there's another thread in here regarding Telegram and security. Sorry
    02-26-14 12:44 AM
    I disagree. Many people use BBM for business and relationships. Would self destructing messages be needed? And isn't that what SnapChat is? Wouldn't a feature like this make BBM even bulkier than it is now?
    02-26-14 06:42 AM
    You would have to trust whoever is writing the client application to actually honor the self destruct request. Even SnapChat has trouble enforcing this.
    02-26-14 07:05 AM
    I disagree. Many people use BBM for business and relationships. Would self destructing messages be needed? And isn't that what SnapChat is? Wouldn't a feature like this make BBM even bulkier than it is now?

Business is the prime market segment I could see this being used.

At least having the feature is better than not. Lets not travel down the "meh, we don't really need ___________" again.

Besides, this is essentially what Glympse is., self destructing tracking and location sharing. Why not implement that into other things? Let's think ahead of the curve,
    02-28-14 08:39 PM

At least having the feature is better than not. Lets not travel down the "meh, we don't really need ___________" again.

Besides, this is essentially what Glympse is., self destructing tracking and location sharing. Why not implement that into other things? Let's think ahead of the curve,
    How is glimpse self destructive location data? All I have to do is take a screen shot, picture or write it down. Just because I won't know where you are after the glimpse expires doesn't mean I'll forget where you are while it is active.

Self destructive messaging is so difficult to get right, and so easy to defeat, just examine SnapChat.

Posted via CB10
    tjseaman likes this.
    02-28-14 09:16 PM

Are there businesses currently using SnapChat? I can't see many lawful businesses using this. There is a ton of auditing and recording in a lot of larger enterprises. If a business truly needed this functionality for keeping messages internal, they would have written it themselves. I wouldn't want ANYONE using this functionality at my work. It's already too difficult to replace a person when they leave or get fired.

I think this is being overestimated for business use... I'm sure if SnapChat marketed to businesses, we never would have heard of it. Marketed for showing your junk to your lady friend, that is what made SnapChat famous. At least in my opinion.
    02-28-14 09:31 PM
    Tigertext has a similar feature and is working to make a place in the medical industry (HIPAA compliant messaging). Wickr is probably the best when it comes to secure, self-destructing data. It is the only app I have read about that doesn't leave meta data behind. Not sure about its business use.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 10:05 AM
    It would be cool.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 09:49 PM