I'm with T-Mobile (Orlando, FL). My fiance is on my plan as well. I use a Bold 9900 and I gave her my previous BB, a Bold 9700. BBM seems to work fine with everyone else (most of my contacts are in Canada, I have no other US contact other than my fiance) but it won't work with her at all. I deleted her as well as deleting myself from her phone and resent invites in both directions - the invites never arrived. I checked with a couple of my Canadian contacts and my BBM works fine with them

Would this have anything to do with the fact that I am the owner of both phones? If so, what is the solution?

thanks
    12-01-13 11:30 AM
    I'm betting the device still think it belongs to you (and is most likely still using your ID).

Get her to update her BBM from BlackBerry World. Then tell her do wipe the device (security wipe/factory reset - somewhere in Option > Security - PS: this will delete all user data, so I advice making a selective backup with BlackBerry Desktop Software in order not to lose contacts, calendars, notes and other stuff in the device memory).

After that, she should check onBlackBerry World to see if she has the latest version of BBM (just double checking). Then she should open BBM and log in with HER BBID.

Once she's all set, have her try to invite you.
    12-01-13 11:34 AM
    That's what I thought! (although the pins are different)
    Thanks - will follow those steps
    Last edited by stanislavski; 12-01-13 at 11:43 AM. Reason: additional info
    12-01-13 11:43 AM
    That's what I thought! (although the pins are different)
    Thanks - will follow those steps
    Yeah, PINs are hardware related and will always (luckily) be different, but the BBID can go in as many devices as we want.

I would love to know how you got a magic one to replace the old one though. That's not something I ever heard of. But do post back, I hope it all works after the wipe!
    12-01-13 11:51 AM
    Not sure what you mean by the "magic one"?
    sorry, still new here and learning the lingo (though not new to BB)
    12-01-13 12:41 PM
    The one that magically appeared in your new device. It's not really a BlackBerry term, so don't worry.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 07:21 AM