Ok, my wife still has a 9360 curve and I updated her BBM. I cant remember exactly what happened but I screwed it up. I must have somehow loaded my own BBM on her device and cant get it back to hers. I reinstalled BBM and Blackberry World but still no luck.

The message says "Your blackberry ID is already associated with BBM on another device. Do you want to switch your BBM information to your current device? Note: you can only use your BB ID with BBM on one device at a time"

The only options are "Device Switch & Cancel".

I went on line and set her up a BB ID account with username and password. When I enter this info into BBM on her device it somehow takes my BB ID and then I lose my BBM on my Q10.

Totally confused.

Please help!
    02-06-14 07:19 PM
    What happens when you go to settings (wrench) and click on BBID and change it with the one she has there?
    02-06-14 07:34 PM
    I made a new BB ID for my wife. Went to options/BB ID and when I try to change it, I get the message " screen name already taken".
    02-06-14 09:47 PM
    I'm pretty sure you can't change the actual BBID on the device after one is initially set.

Which means you have to do a security wipe.

Posted via CB10/Z30
    02-06-14 09:54 PM
    Thanks, I did a security wipe for "user installed applications" but no luck. The other two options are "Media Card & Emails, Contacts, etc".
    02-06-14 10:17 PM
    Sorry, it's been a while since I've used a non-BB10 BlackBerry. I thought after a security wipe, once rebooting it asks for a BBID to be entered.

You are using separate email addresses for your wife's ID and yours, correct?

Posted via CB10/Z30
    02-06-14 11:00 PM
    Thanks, I did a security wipe for "user installed applications" but no luck. The other two options are "Media Card & Emails, Contacts, etc".
    you need to reset up your phone again, sorry. Do a complete wipe.
    02-06-14 11:11 PM
    Oh man I get overwhelmed having to do that...cant believe such a simple issue turns into a full evening project. Oh well...here it goes.

Thanks,
    02-06-14 11:58 PM
    This is going from bad to worse. I made a brand new BBID for my wife's curve (ended up making a new email address, password, etc). Re-installed operating system, apps, etc. Her phone now works perfect again!

The next morning when I woke up my Q10 is now asking for a BBID email and password. Why my Q10 is now asking me this is a total mystery. I 100% know my Q10's BBID and password but it says its invalid. When I sign into BB Link it says this BBID isn't associated with BB10 OS? Is close link and re-open it I can see I'm signed in with the correct BBID but when I try to do anything like a backup it will not work.

Anyone know whats going on here? Do I need to try a security wipe on my Q10 or reinstall the OS? Or reinstall Link?

Screwed up my wife's BBM-08-02-2014-8-27-35-am.jpg
    Screwed up my wife's BBM-08-02-2014-8-31-40-am.jpg
    02-08-14 10:39 AM
    Ok, here is what I remember happened. I don't think my wife's curve ever had a BBID and when I did some updates the other day I think I used my Q10's BBID when BB World requested a BBID. After that her BBM stopped working, etc. Made her a new BBID and reloaded the OS and her curve is fine now.

Now I cant access my BBID on my Q10. It seems like my BBID was used on the old BB7 OS and now wont work for my Q10? Guess I need to make a totally different BBID and reload my Q10 OS???
    02-08-14 11:15 AM
    As for the Curve, you should be able to do a complete security wipe, and then, once you open BBM, it will ask you for the BBID you want associated with that device. Enter the proper email address and password, and it should reload all the contacts, channels, etc. If it's messed up for some reason before you do a security wipe, make sure you don't reload BBM info from a Desktop Software backup made before the security wipe after the security wipe.
    02-09-14 05:20 PM