Before, I had Save Chat History off. When I switched between devices, the Contacts carrier over but not Chat history. Now that I have so many more BBM contacts, I don't want to risk losing all my chats by switching, so I haven't tried it since I turned Save Chat History on.

Can anyone confirm that Chat History *IS* saved when moving between devices (BlackBerry and iOS, in my case) if Save Chat History is "ON"?

I wanna BBM on my iPad, but I don't want to lose my chats...

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 12:04 AM
    BBM chat transfer is and always have been a bit flacky
    Your contacts will transfer fine. But the chats may be lost.
    10-29-13 12:12 AM
    Brilliant...

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 12:28 AM
    No one has any more experience with this? No one has switched devices and (attempted to) save Chat History?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 08:06 AM
    Well I tried it, and of course, it was a complete fail on BBM's part:

1.) All chats disappeared. Did not even come back when I returned to my BBM on my BlackBerry. What the HELL is the point of Save Chat History, if it doesn't even save, even when I return to my BlackBerry???

2.) Groups that I administer completely shot. All they show now is a green arrow circle, and when I click them, they say "Attempting to restore the group". After 20 minutes, they fail and say to make sure I'm connected to I'm "connected to the network" and let's me "Retry". Of course nothing happens again.

Plus, how do I delete these groups so I can build them all over again? When I click them, it just says "Attempting to restore group". When I click and hold, no menu pops up. There is no way to delete the group.

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE DISASTER. SCREW YOU, BLACKBERRY FOR MAKING SUCH ABSOLUTE UNADULTERATED GARBAGE.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 09:24 PM
    Actually it says "make sure you and at least one other member are connected to the wireless network" and that's the group where everyone else is on iOS. The group with BlackBerry people in it is still "attempting to restore".

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 09:27 PM
    Managed to delete one group when it failed to "recover". The other one won't stop "trying" so I can't delete it to recreate it.

How pathetic.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 09:51 PM
    Crisis appears averted for now. One of the friends in the group reinvented me. Only my friends on BB could do this, despite my making the group to allow members to invite people. A couple of questions:

1) Why could my Android friend in the group not invite me back?

2) If I had not allowed people to invite others into the group, how could I have ever been invited back, since I was the group Admin?

3) I have lost group Admin status. I can see this in group settings where I says "you are not group Admin". Problem is no one is the Admin now. No one has the "key" next to their name in the list. So who can perform Admin duties like deleting pictures and removing members? And how do I get Admin back?

Stupid bugs...
    10-30-13 12:02 AM
    I have lost my admin status also. Judging by the lack of response it doesn't seem promising.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 09:09 AM
    Can you not ignore the ghost groups in your BBM and rebuild exact groups from start? Not pretty but a temp fix?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 10:55 AM