Samsung Mobile Ghana had this to say about the BBM for Android launch
    "BlackBerry has been unable to make BBM available for Android today, as previously announced by Samsung.
    BB is working on the technical aspects to resolve this problem. In the meantime we ask customers to be patient and cautious of any fake applications."
    danprown likes this.
    09-21-13 06:48 PM
    Is this Samsung Ghana by any chance affiliated with Samsung Nigeria, which declared Samsung had a 3 month exclusive on BBM?
    danprown likes this.
    09-21-13 06:54 PM
    Samsung Mobile Ghana had this to say about the BBM for Android launch
    "BlackBerry has been unable to make BBM available for Android today, as previously announced by Samsung.
    BB is working on the technical aspects to resolve this problem. In the meantime we ask customers to be patient and cautious of any fake applications."
    How sad and ironic that the only official word to come out on this whole fiasco comes from Samsung. And BlackBerry keeps silent.

Tragic.
    09-21-13 06:54 PM
    A communications company that doesnt ever seem to communicate...sigh
    09-21-13 06:55 PM
    Is this Samsung Ghana by any chance affiliated with Samsung Nigeria, which declared Samsung had a 3 month exclusive on BBM?
    Whether it is or not is really irrelevant. A failure of this caliber needs a communication plan. And BlackBerry has been silent all day.
    boi2012, Donvald and Bsbudd like this.
    09-21-13 06:56 PM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Stop blaming blackberry when it's not their fault!! ...

Posted via CB10
    danprown likes this.
    09-21-13 06:56 PM
    No they r not affiliated.
    09-21-13 06:57 PM
    It gets worse - the app seems to have been pulled from Apple's App Store as well, without a word from BlackBerry. This is really a time where they need to communicate, something has obviously gone wrong.
    09-21-13 06:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    Please share the information that you have that places responsibility for this failure elsewhere.
    09-21-13 06:58 PM
    Blackberry where the hell are you at a time like this? Come out! Speak up!! and address the people!!!
    09-21-13 07:01 PM
    It gets worse - the app seems to have been pulled from Apple's App Store as well, without a word from BlackBerry. This is really a time where they need to communicate, something has obviously gone wrong.
    Their official Twitter account seems to indicate that Australia, Malaysia, India and the UAE have gone live. BBM has now been pulled from the Apple App Store in these places?
    09-21-13 07:02 PM
    CNET Q&A on why Android and IOs users should give BBM a chance. Last question for Andrew Bocking in the article:

Great, anything else we should know about BBM?
    Bocking: Only that you should download it this weekend!

BlackBerry on why you should give BBM a chance (Q&A) | Mobile - CNET News
    09-21-13 07:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Whether it's their fault or not, I think they should be keeping people informed about what's going on. Radio silence is unprofessional.

Posted via CB10
    chern likes this.
    09-21-13 07:03 PM
    Their official Twitter account seems to indicate that Australia, Malaysia, India and the UAE have gone live. BBM has now been pulled from the Apple App Store in these places?
    Yep, it no longer exists in any of those places. The links don't work anymore.
    raino likes this.
    09-21-13 07:05 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...le-now-852173/

http://forums.crackberry.com/bbm-ios...n-help-852185/
    09-21-13 07:06 PM
    Yep, it no longer exists in any of those places. The links don't work anymore.
    Well, that's definitive as far as I'm concerned. It's BlackBerry that screwed up.
    Donvald likes this.
    09-21-13 07:06 PM
    Well, that's definitive as far as I'm concerned. It's BlackBerry that screwed up.
    Well that's just terrific.
    Sigh.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 07:07 PM
    Whether it's their fault or not, I think they should be keeping people informed about what's going on. Radio silence is unprofessional.

Posted via CB10
    I agree
    09-21-13 07:07 PM
    Well that's just terrific.
    Sigh.
    Not sure if you're agreeing or not, but I find it difficult to believe that it's a coincidence that BBM doesn't launch on Android as it was supposed to, and then gets pulled from iOS. Plus, given that the platform makers are practically "at each others' throats," we can throw "nefarious collusion to keep BlackBerry down" out the window.
    09-21-13 07:12 PM
    Not sure if you're agreeing or not, but I find it difficult to believe that it's a coincidence that BBM doesn't launch on Android as it was supposed to, and then gets pulled from iOS. Plus, given that the platform makers are practically "at each others' throats," we can throw "nefarious collusion to keep BlackBerry down" out the window.
    Oh, I was agreeing. I too find that difficult to believe. I'm just disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 07:18 PM
    Great. More negative stuff for the Press to write about ahead of quarterly results on Friday. BBM should change their name to "WheresApp?"
    pttptppt, Donvald and barbas79 like this.
    09-21-13 07:21 PM
    Quit saying stop blaming Blackberry. They deserve everything they get... Tell us how does a company lose over 10 MILLION DOLLARS a DAY for the last 90 days. That's right 955 Million loss recorded in last 90 days. 4500 layoffs....FIRE THOR NOW!!!!!
    09-21-13 07:25 PM
    Where exactly did the blame actually get "shifted"? Other than the desperate accusations by CB forum members hoping against hope that it wasn't BBRY's fault, there's been no indication that it's been any body's fault other than BBRY.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    09-21-13 07:30 PM
    If indeed the cross platform versions have been pulled for either a legal or technical/software issue (or both) BlackBerry is shot.

Either way this is not going to play well in the press, with DROID and IPhone users/fans. If not resolved before Sunday PM it could hurt it on Monday via stock value.
    Not really for the lack of BBM but that BlackBerry once again shows they cannot execute a launch.
    One after another has been horrid.

BlackBerry is its own worst enemy.
    From Mike to Thor. Same thing. Nothing new. Sad. Truly sad.

I have not said this ever before, but we could be seeing the bottom. A bottom much deeper then I ever thought BlackBerry could dig down too.
    A pit so deep BlackBerry cannot rescue itself in its current form and perhaps even its brandname is lost for good.

Right before the Z30 launch. Which I am sure stock holders and consumers feel will be mucked up as the rest.

You can scream at me and call me a troll but the "Mike L" plan that Thor followed and is still following is killing BlackBerry. The only thing Thor has done is follow what Mike put in motion three years ago. Thor said the company was fine. It is clear to anyone that it was and is not fine!

So I hope Mike is sitting there proud of what is happening.
    I hope Thor's family can hold their heads high for how well he has done. Hope they all bump into people who have lost their jobs due to their ineptness.
    A business without morals becomes corrupt.

Mike and Thor should be deported from Canada for treason.

Tar and feathered optional but encouraged.

So much to offer. So much lost.

Sad...

Posted via CB10 on my Verizon Z10. 10.2.0.1725
    09-21-13 07:33 PM
    BlackBerry should release a statement. did they not provide an app on time? a working app on time? did they're servers get blown away due to massive downloads and messages? did google not works well with them? do they intend to kill the company slowly? is their some kind of hidden agenda o conspiracy to make BlackBerry fail from the outside? inside? why in gods name did they release the financial news a day before BBM multi/cross launch? have they not learned about past mistakes with deadlines?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 07:34 PM
76 123 ...