Update: problem is solved, seems that it is only temporary

That sounds crazy but every time I unplug my China Mobile sim card from my Z10, I can use my BBM smoothly chatting across platforms ; every time I plug in my sim, I can ONLY RECEIVE but can't SEND OUT A S**T.

I recommend anyone who are experiencing the cross platform problems try this method to see if it's an universal statu

And for what reason you treat your user this way, RIM?

Correction: there are official retailer selling blackberry devices in mainland, very sorry for the mistake.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by theufo; 10-28-13 at 05:35 AM.
    10-26-13 11:48 AM
    Just wondering, why you can't buy BlackBerry in China? Is it because of the government regulations?

Posted using my awesome BBZ10
    10-26-13 03:18 PM
    I've read that the government won't allow BBM, because they can't read the messages due to secured encryption. But not sure how true that is.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 03:19 PM
    I think this has more to do with the Chinese government. Than BlackBerry.

Canadian cities BBM Channel C001234A4
    saxxman likes this.
    10-26-13 03:20 PM
    I read that BBM doesn't work in Russia. Can anyone confirm whether this is true?
    10-26-13 03:23 PM
    Hong Kong is part of China. Blackberry is sold there like any smartphone. Not sure about Macau.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    10-26-13 03:29 PM
    Just wondering, why you can't buy BlackBerry in China? Is it because of the government regulations?

Posted using my awesome BBZ10
    I think they just ignore the china's market. Because our carriers even provided BIS service contract for BlackBerry users , but there are no blackberry devices sold through normal channels. So tricky, right?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 08:26 PM
    I've read that the government won't allow BBM, because they can't read the messages due to secured encryption. But not sure how true that is.

Posted via CB10
    But we can receive everything sent to us, isn't that strange?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 08:27 PM
    I think this has more to do with the Chinese government. Than BlackBerry....
    I was going to say the same thing. I think BB would love a piece of the Chinese market. Think about how many people are there. If they can gain a portion of that market, we are talking huge numbers.

Hong Kong is part of China. Blackberry is sold there like any smartphone. Not sure about Macau.
    Based on my interactions and friends, I don't think HK folks like to be reminded of this. They are "different". They are also a special administrative region.

And BB is sold there, but almost everyone is on Samsung. I just came back from vacation there about a month ago and saw very few apple and blackberry. No surprise with BB but was surprised at the lack of apple. About 3 years ago, it was predominately apple
    10-26-13 08:37 PM

If it is about the chinese government, why can I use BBM without a SIM?
    SPDER and LuisCast like this.
    10-26-13 08:45 PM
    I was going to say the same thing. I think BB would love a piece of the Chinese market. Think about how many people are there. If they can gain a portion of that market, we are talking huge numbers.

... Based on my interactions and friends, I don't think HK folks like to be reminded of this. They are "different". They are also a special administrative region.

And BB is sold there, but almost everyone is on Samsung. I just came back from vacation there about a month ago and saw very few apple and blackberry. No surprise with BB but was surprised at the lack of apple. About 3 years ago, it was predominately apple
    You're absolutely right. The ratio of IPhone to Android 3 years ago on public transit out of every 10 people was 7 to 3. Today it's the reverse based on my observations. Tim Cook acknowledged the huge drop in IPhones in HK which is why we get a lot of huge Apple product Ads in the main subway (Central) from time to time. It's not just Samsung, I'm seeing a lot more Sony in the wild. I've only seen one BlackBerry (BB7) in the past 2 years but the user quickly put his phone in his bag after he used it. Android and IPhone users tend to hold their phones when they're not using it, especially when it's the newest model to no surprise.

As for HK locals not wanting to be part of China, I'm one of the few I guess that doesn't mind saying HK is part of China. I don't notice the communist presence on the streets anyway
    Last edited by elite1; 10-27-13 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Removed reply from quote
    10-26-13 08:50 PM
    Well! BlackBerry is the best smartphone in the world!!!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by SPDER; 10-26-13 at 10:20 PM.
    10-26-13 09:18 PM

Why non-blackberry platform users can use BBM normally in China! Why we not!!! Why ban the real Chinese blackberry users !!!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 09:30 PM
    I bet on a BB10 device will work, just BIS devices are locked up by carriers.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    10-26-13 09:35 PM
    I bet on a BB10 device will work, just BIS devices are locked up by carriers.

Posted via CB10
    If I turned off mobile network and use wifi only, I still cannot send message to android or iPhone BBM users!!! BUT if I remove SIM card, everything will work well!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 09:43 PM
    RIM is going mad?or any reason to ban
    10-26-13 11:20 PM
    I also want to know why.
    10-26-13 11:43 PM
    If I turned off mobile network and use wifi only, I still cannot send message to android or iPhone BBM users!!! BUT if I remove SIM card, everything will work well!

Posted via CB10
    It is clear that Blackberry make the problem.
    10-26-13 11:44 PM
    One reason some companies aren't in the Chinese market is that Chinese carriers use TD-SCDMA, so you need to manufacture a separate line of phones.

Back to the OP's question, are you able to use other data services like web browsing or email with the SIM inserted? If it isn't from a carrier the phone recognizes you might be setting the APN up incorrectly.
    10-27-13 12:11 AM
    One reason some companies aren't in the Chinese market is that Chinese carriers use TD-SCDMA, so you need to manufacture a separate line of phones.

Back to the OP's question, are you able to use other data services like web browsing or email with the SIM inserted? If it isn't from a carrier the phone recognizes you might be setting the APN up incorrectly.
    I use the WCDMA SIM of thr China Unicom. The problem is the same. Everything of Internet is OK except BBM. It is clear Blackberry make the problem.
    10-27-13 12:22 AM

Of course I can use network/wifi normally, or I would just throw my Z10 on RIM's face

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 02:39 AM
    I'm currently on holiday and using a China Mobile prepaid SIM and haven't had any issues using BBM or anything else on my z10

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 02:43 AM
    Just posted this in the other thread:
    Can confirm. I just removed my SIM card from the phone and I can send messages just fine. The SIM card is meddling with BBM for some unknown reason. China Unicom user here. Going to try if using a VPN helps.

Edit: I just tried using my VPN. Messages still refuse to send. My conclusion is that the SIM card is meddling with the device and stopping BBM messages from sending. It's pretty scary that a SIM card can modify local apps on such a level and I'm worried that BlackBerry allowed this level of local access.
    For such a company that banks its success on enterprise security, I think it's a bit ridiculous how BlackBerry can give a carrier low-level access to the packets leaving the phone like that. I'm really really disappointed. This is a downer on my otherwise flawless BlackBerry experience.

Edit: By the way, my phone is a BlackBerry Z10 running 10.2.0.1791 (leaked). I'm going to try and downgrade later using Sachesi. Will keep you guys updated.
    niuzhd and theufo like this.
    10-27-13 03:14 AM
    OK, let's not be trading shots at each others' government policies, which we as people aren't always happy with. It leads to trouble that can be avoided. We're dealing with phones, and people, let's keep it that way and life can be just a little less tense.
    Elite1 likes this.
    10-27-13 09:17 PM
    If it is about the chinese government, why can I use BBM without a SIM?
    Without the SIM your data follows a different route via WiFi. The problem is not in your phone, it is blocking at the cellular data provider. That might be directed by government or simply unsupported by the service provider. If I had to guess I would suspect a commercial block to push you into using a service which creates more profit.
    Elite1 and BergerKing like this.
    10-27-13 09:19 PM
33 12