Hello - I’m attempting to retrieve my old BBM account that is associated with an email address that I deleted.

What is the likelihood I could reach out to blackberry support to help with this?

In order to submit a ticket I need to be logged in, which…well, I don’t have the info now.

Am I SOL?

Thanks
    04-02-21 07:53 PM
    Hello - I’m attempting to retrieve my old BBM account that is associated with an email address that I deleted.

What is the likelihood I could reach out to blackberry support to help with this?

In order to submit a ticket I need to be logged in, which…well, I don’t have the info now.

Am I SOL?

Thanks
    Are you saying you forget your BBID and BBID password?

What phone are you using now? And on what phone did you last use BBM?
    04-02-21 08:54 PM
    Are you saying you forget your BBID and BBID password?

What phone are you using now? And on what phone did you last use BBM?
    Yes, thank you for translating ha

I’m currently on an iPhone, and the last device was a Classic, back when it launched.

I’m getting a Classic (again, sold my previous one) this week, and was trying to get prepped for when it arrived.

My BBID I assume is my email - which again, it’s an account I deleted. I know it’s this account as I tried the reset password function for it on the blackberry site and it didn’t give me an error :/
    04-02-21 09:22 PM
    Also I’m a bit lost and rusty on this, hope you can answer my silly question.

The pin that I used on my 8330, would not have been the same pin my previous Classic had? Does having a BBID sync my original BBM pin?
    04-02-21 09:42 PM
    Yes, thank you for translating ha

I’m currently on an iPhone, and the last device was a Classic, back when it launched.

I’m getting a Classic (again, sold my previous one) this week, and was trying to get prepped for when it arrived.

My BBID I assume is my email - which again, it’s an account I deleted. I know it’s this account as I tried the reset password function for it on the blackberry site and it didn’t give me an error :/
    You won't be able to use this account on an iPhone. You will have to make a new one. Just follow the instructions in BBM Enterprise on your iPhone.

There was only a brief window a few years back where accounts could be migrated from BlackBerry to Android/iOS.
    04-03-21 08:35 AM
    You won't be able to use this account on an iPhone. You will have to make a new one. Just follow the instructions in BBM Enterprise on your iPhone.

There was only a brief window a few years back where accounts could be migrated from BlackBerry to Android/iOS.
    That answers it - kind of figured something like this would be the case.

Appreciate the reply regardless
    04-03-21 09:42 AM

This is false. I know plenty of people that have moved from BlackBerry to Android/iOS without creating a new account - I even migrated someone over just a few weeks back.

Also I’m a bit lost and rusty on this, hope you can answer my silly question.

The pin that I used on my 8330, would not have been the same pin my previous Classic had? Does having a BBID sync my original BBM pin?
    The PIN is tied to your device hardware, if you sign into BBM on a new device you PIN is automatically updated with no one the wiser.
    But if you don't have access to the email that your old account was assigned to, then you will definitely need to remember the password. BlackBerry doesn't seem to be very helpful retrieving old accounts like that.
    So ultimately it would probably be easier to just create a new ID in your case. But just so you're aware, BBM and other backend services for older BlackBerry devices is scheduled to shut down at the end of the year.
    04-03-21 09:44 AM
    BY A STROKE OF GENIUS - I remembered my old password (benefits of pre-unique password era). I got the BBID email changed and reset the password

This is false. I know plenty of people that have moved from BlackBerry to Android/iOS without creating a new account - I even migrated someone over just a few weeks back.
    But it's safe to say this is only possible if I still have the old device with my PIN on it?

The PIN is tied to your device hardware, if you sign into BBM on a new device you PIN is automatically updated with no one the wiser.
    But if you don't have access to the email that your old account was assigned to, then you will definitely need to remember the password. BlackBerry doesn't seem to be very helpful retrieving old accounts like that.
    So ultimately it would probably be easier to just create a new ID in your case. But just so you're aware, BBM and other backend services for older BlackBerry devices is scheduled to shut down at the end of the year.
    I signed into this BBID on my iPhone with BBM Enterprise 0 - but I have no chats or contacts :/. My assumption is my logged in BBID would have sync'd my list of messages and contacts?

Looking at the PIN - I couldn't even begin to tell you if this was my original pin or not either :/
    04-03-21 09:58 AM
    BY A STROKE OF GENIUS - I remembered my old password (benefits of pre-unique password era). I got the BBID email changed and reset the password

But it's safe to say this is only possible if I still have the old device with my PIN on it?

I signed into this BBID on my iPhone with BBM Enterprise 0 - but I have no chats or contacts :/. My assumption is my logged in BBID would have sync'd my list of messages and contacts?

Looking at the PIN - I couldn't even begin to tell you if this was my original pin or not either :/
    Your old device is irrelevant, nothing really changes when you sign in on a different BB10 device. Your contacts should sync over from the cloud, but chats don't sync between BB10 devices.
    With Android/iOS/PC/Mac you can have up to 5 devices signed into the same account simultaneously, with each device you add one weeks worth of chats will sync over. But as soon as you sign into BBM on a BB10 or BBOS device, all other devices with be signed out and chats lost.
    04-03-21 11:42 AM

Moving between platforms is where the issues come in.

But if you have your old information, when you get your replacement Classic it should have your old BBM information if you use the same BBID. But you can't have the same BBM account on different platfroms...

And only have about six months before BBM on BB10 ends... so enjoy while you can.
    06-03-21 09:27 AM
    Is it any chance you get your email back?

Posted via CB10
    08-03-21 04:08 AM
    Is it any chance you get your email back?

Posted via CB10
    Get what email back? BBID used with old BBM account? Or do you mean actual emails on an old device?
    08-03-21 07:53 AM