Hi all, I'm hoping to post the thread in the right forum. If not, I ask any moderator to help me with this.

As I know I'm not the only one, I am not able to activate the "Allow BBM Calls over mobile network". I'm posting a picture to show how this looks. I have a Z10 STL100-1 which I bought factory unlocked in february 2013. As of now I'm on software version 10.2.1.537, OS 10.2.1.1925, radio 10.2.1.1899 (I installed them via sachesi) and BBM version 10.3.3.68.
    My carrier is Movistar in Argentina. When I first had the device, back at the beginning of '13, I was able to activate this feature, but at some point it wasn't available anymore.

I recently reached to @BlackberryHelp on Twitter, they asked me for my PIN and they checked that my current software version is higher than the one my carrier supports. So then I reached to my carrier via Twitter, they asked me to reboot my phone (?????) and finally said that I should take my phone to one of their customer service locations so they can check the phone and it's configurations.

I'm willing to take my phone to my carrier's customer service as a last resource, because I believe that they'll just reset the device to it's factory state, and I can do that myself at home. I'm also not sure if I want that, since I think (might be wrong) that not only I would have to backup and restore my data, but I also would have to download all my apps again.

What I wanted to try first, before considering taking my device to customer service, is getting the BBM bar file from someone who can activate this feature, and installing that to see if anything changes. So, at last, what I require of anyone who can turn the "Allow BBM Calls over mobile network" is that they extract the bar file (with sachesi or any tool of their preference) and post it here, so I can install it and let everyone else know if it helped.

Thanks in advance for any help or input that can be provided!

[Request] Allowing BBM Calls over mobile network-img_20140214_111324.png
    02-22-14 10:10 AM
    Just a random thought, do you get work emails on your phone?

Both BES and active sync can block video over network.

Have you looked thru docs.blackberry.com for help?

From my Vader Zed and BBM 10.3.12.21
    02-22-14 10:50 AM
    Hi all, I'm hoping to post the thread in the right forum. If not, I ask any moderator to help me with this.

As I know I'm not the only one, I am not able to activate the "Allow BBM Calls over mobile network". I'm posting a picture to show how this looks. I have a Z10 STL100-1 which I bought factory unlocked in february 2013. As of now I'm on software version 10.2.1.537, OS 10.2.1.1925, radio 10.2.1.1899 (I installed them via sachesi) and BBM version 10.3.3.68.
    My carrier is Movistar in Argentina. When I first had the device, back at the beginning of '13, I was able to activate this feature, but at some point it wasn't available anymore.

I recently reached to @BlackberryHelp on Twitter, they asked me for my PIN and they checked that my current software version is higher than the one my carrier supports. So then I reached to my carrier via Twitter, they asked me to reboot my phone (?????) and finally said that I should take my phone to one of their customer service locations so they can check the phone and it's configurations.

I'm willing to take my phone to my carrier's customer service as a last resource, because I believe that they'll just reset the device to it's factory state, and I can do that myself at home. I'm also not sure if I want that, since I think (might be wrong) that not only I would have to backup and restore my data, but I also would have to download all my apps again.

What I wanted to try first, before considering taking my device to customer service, is getting the BBM bar file from someone who can activate this feature, and installing that to see if anything changes. So, at last, what I require of anyone who can turn the "Allow BBM Calls over mobile network" is that they extract the bar file (with sachesi or any tool of their preference) and post it here, so I can install it and let everyone else know if it helped.

Thanks in advance for any help or input that can be provided!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140214_111324.png 
Views:	1489 
Size:	123.2 KB 
ID:	250120
    Your carrier has it blocked… Im assuming you have a plan specified as blackberry data??? its a sim blocked feature.. I have the same issue, however when i switch sims with my other phone, I am able to select and unselect it…. My suggestion would be to tell your carrier that you have a non blackberry phone …
    02-22-14 10:55 AM

Thanks for your reply! I don't have BES, since it's not a work phone, just my personal one. I have looked for help but I'm inclined to think it has something to do with my carrier.
    Thanks a lot!
    02-23-14 12:46 AM
    Your carrier has it blocked… Im assuming you have a plan specified as blackberry data??? its a sim blocked feature.. I have the same issue, however when i switch sims with my other phone, I am able to select and unselect it…. My suggestion would be to tell your carrier that you have a non blackberry phone …
    Indeed, I have the same BIS plan I've had for a long time, from when I had legacy devices. When I reached them, they didn't say they blocked it. Would you choose to tell the carrier that you have a non BlackBerry device before taking the device to their customer service as they told me to do?
    Thanks! Your input helps a lot!
    02-23-14 12:50 AM
    Indeed, I have the same BIS plan I've had for a long time, from when I had legacy devices. When I reached them, they didn't say they blocked it. Would you choose to tell the carrier that you have a non BlackBerry device before taking the device to their customer service as they told me to do?
    Thanks! Your input helps a lot!
    Tell them you have a non BlackBerry phone and see if it works. They will change your data plan into a regular data plan

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 12:57 AM
    Tell them you have a non BlackBerry phone and see if it works. They will change your data plan into a regular data plan

Posted via CB10
    Sorry it took a while, but I finally changed my carrier plan into a non-blackberry one. I've had the new plan for a couple of days, I have done hard-resets on my phone (STL100-1, press and hold power button until blue loading circle). Nothing has changed, I still can't turn the "Allow BBM Calls over mobile network" feature on.

Any other thoughts or ideas on how to proceed?
    At the beginning of the post, I wondered if installing BBM using the bar file from someone that could activate it would do any difference.

Thanks a lot for the input!
    03-13-14 11:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    Sorry it took a while, but I finally changed my carrier plan into a non-blackberry one. I've had the new plan for a couple of days, I have done hard-resets on my phone (STL100-1, press and hold power button until blue loading circle). Nothing has changed, I still can't turn the "Allow BBM Calls over mobile network" feature on.

Any other thoughts or ideas on how to proceed?
    At the beginning of the post, I wondered if installing BBM using the bar file from someone that could activate it would do any difference.

Thanks a lot for the input!
    03-13-14 11:45 AM
    go to settings>Network and Connections>Mobile network>APN

type following data

APN = internet.gprs.unifon.com.ar

username = internet
    password = internet

Save. then turn Flight mode On and then Off. then report back

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 03:09 PM
    go to settings>Network and Connections>Mobile network>APN

type following data

APN = internet.gprs.unifon.com.ar

username = internet
    password = internet

Save. then turn Flight mode On and then Off. then report back

Posted via CB10
    How did this work for you by the way??? Because bbm voice is not working for me either... but! i can turn the switch on and off as i want, but still no bbm voice over the network...
    * I'm currently in Indonesia, using Telkomsel as my provider *

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 01:15 AM
    it all depends on your carrier. Carriers lie too. Have you seen any one on the same plan as you using BBM? if anyone is doing then you can do too.

most of the carrier block it and confuse people by not admitting.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 10:05 AM
    it all depends on your carrier. Carriers lie too. Have you seen any one on the same plan as you using BBM? if anyone is doing then you can do too.

most of the carrier block it and confuse people by not admitting.

Posted via CB10
    Then that is stupid! BlackBerry! Shouldn't you guys do something about this??? I hope that i won't be so disappointed with you guys just because of this one thing!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 01:15 PM
    Who is your carrier? I'm on ATT, they had it blocked because I am on unlimited grandfathered data plan. Changed my plan and now it works. May just be your carrier

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 05:50 PM
    Who is your carrier? I'm on ATT, they had it blocked because I am on unlimited grandfathered data plan. Changed my plan and now it works. May just be your carrier

Posted via CB10
    Hmmmph.. lucky you! I'm in Indonesia with Telkomsel as my provider... I've been meaning to go to their office for a visit and ask what's up... but i haven't..

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 02:20 AM
    So what i thought would be the problem is confirmed. Sucks ***! But here it is... I just visited the customer service center for Telkomsel my provider in Indonesia, it is a fact that they have blocked the service from working!
    So dear BlackBerry, Crackberry, Kevin, Blaize or whoever that can get this to blackberry.. This is not cool! Not one bit! How could you "BlackBerry" let another company control your phone services or features???
    Disappointed i got to say...

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 05:52 AM
    So what i thought would be the problem is confirmed. Sucks ***! But here it is... I just visited the customer service center for Telkomsel my provider in Indonesia, it is a fact that they have blocked the service from working!
    So dear BlackBerry, Crackberry, Kevin, Blaize or whoever that can get this to blackberry.. This is not cool! Not one bit! How could you "BlackBerry" let another company control your phone services or features???
    Disappointed i got to say...

Posted via CB10
    Did you ask them if they support services like Apple's Facetime? Find out what they allow before going after BlackBerry. Is bandwidth an issue for your carrier? Maybe they simply can't support it due to network constraints?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 06:12 AM
    Did you ask them if they support services like Apple's Facetime? Find out what they allow before going after BlackBerry. Is bandwidth an issue for your carrier? Maybe they simply can't support it due to network constraints?

Posted via CB10
    No that didn't come to mind. I was just too disappointed to hear it... I would like to switch to another provider, but the thing is with the other provider... not exactly the best, aside from I'll be able to use the BBM voice...

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 07:13 AM
    It's WORKING again!!! BBM VOICE is working again over the network for me!! Yeay!!!

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    05-07-14 06:05 AM
    It's WORKING again!!! BBM VOICE is working again over the network for me!! Yeay!!!

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    Good to hear! Sometimes just keep asking and you may receive!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 07:13 AM

You say can..... does that mean it needs a human IT flicking a software switch if desired for the company?
    05-09-14 11:16 PM
    Carrier locked. I'm in T-Mobile USA, try a T-Mobile SIM card? I don't know

[Request] Allowing BBM Calls over mobile network-img_20140521_003355.png

Visit GTR Lifestyle @ C001247FA
    05-21-14 03:34 AM