I'm not blaming. I'm just saying what everybody were discussing here: inability of ios on run apps in background.

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Z10
    I seriously think it's BlackBerry's fault. For me it happens regardless if the app is open or not. Sometimes they don't get my messages. Or if they get them they'll ge a blank message. It works fluidly for a second then doesn't. I think it's the BBM app buddy

"If you can't soar with the eagles then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    10-28-13 02:23 PM
    How many are seeing serious delays when it comes to the delivery of their messages? Ryan Smith is using an S4 and Mike Edwards is on an iPhone. This has been very frequent and is quite frustrating. As a matter of fact, I just checked 7 minutes later and it still is not delivered.
    Reliability of BBM with iOS & Android Users Is Very Poor-img_00001441.png

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 10:03 PM
    Update the delivery to the S4 went through at 10 minutes.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 10:05 PM
    Update the delivery to the S4 went through at 10 minutes.

Posted via CB10
    It's horrible man. I stopped using it. Hopefully the servers or whatever it is gets fixed. And update or whatever. Lol

10-28-13 10:41 PM
    Reliability aside, my buddies just are too hooked on WhatsApp to care. Also one of them immediately uninstalled it on his iPhone because the group notifications which he can't mute without muting the entire app drove him nuts.

Just not giving this app the chance it needs but BlackBerry seriously needs to include a mute option. I can only imagine the frustration of someone having to hear or feel their phone buzz incessantly.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 10:54 PM
    My friends have embraced it but the iPhone users are pissed about reliability and have sent me more than one taunting text and/or Whatsapp. BlackBerry needs to fix this NOW.

Sadly, who knows if they even know about the problem.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 11:01 PM
    My friends have embraced it but the iPhone users are pissed about reliability and have sent me more than one taunting text and/or Whatsapp. BlackBerry needs to fix this NOW.

Posted via CB10
    For their sake, they had better. Reception was good, mostly out of curiosity. Now I've got friends posting bad stuff about BBM (false ratings and what not) and sometimes taunting me as if I had coded the thing in the first place. Terrible.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 11:04 PM
    This is bad...

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 11:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Anybody know any mods? I know they flag interesting threads to the Crackberry editors. This seems to he a widespread issue.

10-28-13 11:09 PM
    Yes but this thread shows loads of people are having similar problems.
    I see what you tried to do, it didn't work.

Posted via CB10
    So, just because you have issues means all used have issues. Didn't think so. Nice try.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 11:18 PM
    So, just because you have issues means all used have issues. Didn't think so. Nice try.

Posted via CB10
    And just because you aren't doesn't mean nobody is.

10-28-13 11:21 PM
    The point is THIS thread is about a widespread delivery problem with BBM cross platform. Many people here are reporting it. Dropping in to say you're not having the problem is pointless.

But I'm glad for you if it's working as you describe for you.

Posted via CB10
    Mel25 likes this.
    10-28-13 11:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    You cannot be serious. You just can't. You must be joking, trying to wind people up.
    If not, wow.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 03:39 AM
    I haven't received any message on BBM during the last 24h \o/.
    10-29-13 04:56 AM
    Yea I have two new contacts (android and iPhone who've not received my messages in 3 days (and counting)

Fable Publishing: C0012255F
    10-29-13 05:01 AM
    My experience had been different. I would say 99% of my messages had been delivered instantly

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 05:21 AM
    Odd. Mine never got delivered on some account.
    SMS is better hehe

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 07:01 AM
    My experience had been different. I would say 99% of my messages had been delivered instantly
    It would be interesting to figure out the pattern. Why are some people having no trouble and others having so much?

Mine is in between. It will work perfectly for hours and then become extremely slow or stop delivering at all for a while. Then later it's fine again.
    10-29-13 07:06 AM
    Near instantaneous deliveries to iOS users for the past two days. Was not the case before. Contacts spread across Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Diego.
    10-29-13 07:19 AM
    BBM can have 100s of millions of installs and it won't make a difference until they show how they will monetize it.
    Until then there's no guarantee it will go on.
    No one smart will make BBM the only option on their phone until they're certain it will go on.

Posted via CB10
    Seriously? If BlackBerry has hundreds of millions of users you can't see how that can be monetized?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 07:27 AM
    The point is THIS thread is about a widespread delivery problem with BBM cross platform. Many people here are reporting it. Dropping in to say you're not having the problem is pointless.

But I'm glad for you if it's working as you describe for you.

Posted via CB10
    Well I don't know how widespread it is. Tens of millions of downloads and a handful of reports on this thread...

That said, My wife had a couple of issues before the latest update. No problem now.

Posted via CB10
    drewread likes this.
    10-29-13 07:31 AM
    Well I don't know how widespread it is. Tens of millions of downloads and a handful of reports on this thread...

How many iOS/Android users are on crackberry ?
    10-29-13 07:34 AM
    I think we need to understand how messaging works on the other platforms; Android Central provided the following explanation to new BBM users on Android: http://m.androidcentral.com/bbm-has-...t-want-turn-it

I just did a test with a colleague with an iPhone; he had the app closed while I sent a message to him. He received a toast notification on screen and the BBM icon was displaying the number 1; the whole time all I saw was a checkmark in my BB10 BBM app. As soon as he tapped on the BBM icon, my checkmark changed to a "D", and then "R". He indicated that iOS does not allow third party apps to run constantly active in the background and it was his opinion that this is the correct implementation for iOS. Since our BlackBerry experience is one of a constantly running app, here is where I believe the confusion lies.

Posted via my Z10
    xiaohuaxing and jsilvey2351 like this.
    10-29-13 08:13 AM
    Seriously? If BlackBerry has hundreds of millions of users you can't see how that can be monetized?

Posted via CB10
    No, and they haven't shown any evidence they know either. That's why it hasn't impacted the stock.
    Let's say they say wow we have X users, let's now charge them! There'll be a problem there.
    I can't see how they'll make money on it myself.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 09:24 AM
    No, and they haven't shown any evidence they know either. That's why it hasn't impacted the stock.
    Let's say they say wow we have X users, let's now charge them! There'll be a problem there.
    I can't see how they'll make money on it myself.

Posted via CB10
    I think BBM channels is their main plan for it.

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Z10
    10-29-13 09:41 AM
560 ... 7891011 ...