09-28-14 04:10 AM
560 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    The truth about how I'm helping to solve the problem ...
    No, the truth about your BlackBerry hatred:

BlackBerry's software is garbage, even once officially released.
    11-02-13 10:53 AM
    No, the truth about your BlackBerry hatred:
    Actually, I don't hate BlackBerry. In fact, I'm the only one in this thread who's doing anything about fixing the problem.

But even if I did, so what?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 11:21 AM
    But even if I did, so what?
    Your hatred is evident from your words which I already quoted. Here they are again:

BlackBerry's software is garbage, even once officially released.
    But okay I'll answer within your hypothetical context. You'd be someone to pity. Why? Research has shown that ultimately you'd only be hurting yourself.
    11-02-13 02:05 PM
    Still having issues. It's ridiculous really. The same two contacts from my last post, are now sitting with just a grey'd out check mark and it's been this way for over 24 hours. I can't use bbm if my contacts just don't get my messages. Happy it's working smooth for others but man its frustrating

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Rello; 11-02-13 at 02:47 PM.
    11-02-13 02:17 PM
    I have currently 3 conversations that have a check mark only. Everything has been great until the past 2 hours. I just got 5 iPhone users to download bbm and now I can't contact them. Very disappointing.

Posted via my awesome Q10
    11-02-13 02:20 PM
    I have currently 3 conversations that have a check mark only. Everything has been great until the past 2 hours. I just got 5 iPhone users to download bbm and now I can't contact them. Very disappointing.

I've forwarded some new info to BlackBerry this morning. Fear not, BJ is on the case. Here to help, rather than post useless "solutions" or make excuses.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 02:36 PM
    I've forwarded some new info to BlackBerry this morning. Fear not, BJ is on the case. Here to help, rather than post useless "solutions" or make excuses.

Posted via CB10
    Very odd as have 2 new conversations going now but the other 3 still have check marks.

11-02-13 03:07 PM
    I had the same thing. One going fine with an iOS user and one frozen time with an iOS user. Then they both went dead.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 03:08 PM
    If that person from BlackBerry is still around, and you'll want logs or feedback with bringing bbm cross platform up to scratch I'm happy to help in any way I can.

At the moment it's so unreliable, it's very sad. At the bottom you'll see a screenshot where you can see I messaged my wife on Friday.
    Today, Saturday, I messaged her again, today's messages went through, yesterday's have been lost into the ether. I have never experienced this with any othe im app.

Given the lack of features on cross platform bbm, at least what's there needed to be reliable, and it doesn't appear to be, not by a long way.

After the long delay of the launch, this seems even worse, at least people expected this to be dependable, and we sold family and friends on it promising reliability.

Perhaps it's worth keeping in mind that having just friends and family beta testing this app was a huge, monumental mistake. Even small time cb devs don't make that mistake but take actual proper beta testers, clearly your beta testers hardly used this app at all, and it shows.

You only get one chance to make a first impression in the im market, and this could be a big mistake.

Reliability of BBM with iOS & Android Users Is Very Poor-img_20130318.png

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 05:15 PM
    I know it shouldn't work this way, but sometimes the message is delivered even without the D. Maybe the person got the message and you think the opposite. This is something BlackBerry must work on.

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Z10
    Last edited by diogoteixeira87; 11-03-13 at 01:15 AM.
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    11-02-13 05:51 PM
    I know it shouldn't work this way, but sometimes the message is delivered ever without the D. Maybe the person got the message and you think the opposite. This is something BlackBerry must work on.

I have now confirmed 2 of the checked marked only messages were actually received. They replied back to me and now the proper D + R notifications are now working with those 2 chats.

11-02-13 06:09 PM
    I know it shouldn't work this way, but sometimes the message is delivered ever without the D. Maybe the person got the message and you think the opposite. This is something BlackBerry must work on.

It's possible, I haven't asked her specifically about the ticked messages only.
    Still, doesn't inspire confidence.
    And if the tick, d, and r are cosmetic only and don't accurately reflect the status of the message, then bbm really becomes the most basic messaging app available today.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 06:24 PM
    I've been sending logs from myself and my friends whenever a message fails. I'll let you know if they ask for others' logs. But I imagine the problem is the same one.

This is sad...

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 06:50 PM
    I'm struggling to keep in touch with colleagues using BBM on iOS who travel overseas. We're back on whatsapp.

Also, friends who I have pushed across to BBM find the invitation process confusing. The UI is not great.
    11-02-13 07:28 PM
    I'm struggling to keep in touch with colleagues using BBM on iOS who travel overseas. We're back on whatsapp.

Also, friends who I have pushed across to BBM find the invitation process confusing. The UI is not great.
    Wow... struggling with BBM instead of Whatsapp?! To me was just the opposite. That's why I deleted WhatsApp. Plus all the phones contacts list stuff. I must say BBM is working 90% for me right now. Some things could be better at this moment, but i know they are working to improve it. But, still better than Whatsapp.

11-03-13 01:21 AM
    Once again, for the people who are seeing messages to certain recipients get delayed or nonexistent delivery notifications ("D" indicator), are those people on the non-BlackBerry side running Apple iOS devices or Android?

Because from what I can tell, iOS versions prior to version 7 basically have no background message reception capability, a messaging app has to be in the foreground in order to receive messages outside of APNS notifications.

(There are possibly some ways to hack partial workarounds, ie there is apparently a feature of the OS that allows an app to "finish what it's doing" for up to 10 minutes after its last foreground operation, so if a message was received within 10 minutes of the last foreground operation, perhaps the app could receive and confirm delivery, but not after 10 minutes elapses.)
    11-03-13 01:51 AM
    Once again, for the people who are seeing messages to certain recipients get delayed or nonexistent delivery notifications ("D" indicator), are those people on the non-BlackBerry side running Apple iOS devices or Android?

Because from what I can tell, iOS versions prior to version 7 basically have no background message reception capability, a messaging app has to be in the foreground in order to receive messages outside of APNS notifications.

(There are possibly some ways to hack partial workarounds, ie there is apparently a feature of the OS that allows an app to "finish what it's doing" for up to 10 minutes after its last foreground operation, so if a message was received within 10 minutes of the last foreground operation, perhaps the app could receive and confirm delivery, but not after 10 minutes elapses.)
    I've faced all my issues with android users.
    V few iphone toting friends.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 03:49 AM
    I admit, I haven't been back on in a couple of days, but it's definitely me. And it's definitely my name, just ask Kevin...
    11-03-13 08:41 AM
    Hi all, I'm going to flag the rest of this thread to our engineering team and check other forums for reports of lag issues. I'll also connect with our technical docs folks about KBs, if needed. Thanks.
    11-03-13 08:55 AM
    Hi all, I'm going to flag the rest of this thread to our engineering team and check other forums for reports of lag issues. I'll also connect with our technical docs folks about KBs, if needed. Thanks.
    Thanks. I sent my contact up in your office more Logs and screenshots of problem communications yesterday.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 09:21 AM
    Thanks. I sent my contact up in your office more Logs and screenshots of problem communications yesterday.

Posted via CB10
    Is he really from BlackBerry?

11-03-13 11:54 AM

One iPhone and one android for me. Both have messages that have went undelivered for over 2 days. I just messaged my friend on android and it still didn't get delivered

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 12:26 PM
    Is he really from BlackBerry?

She. Yes.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/berryvic

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 12:31 PM
    Thanks.
    You can see quite a few screenshots since you last posted showing the types of problems being experienced.
    Wed love to help, we just need to be given the chance.
    Again, friends and family beta only for a major company like BlackBerry, incredibly bad idea please pass this upwards.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 01:48 PM
    I own both a Z10 and an Android phone. Prior to the Android/iOS rollout my experience with BBM was nothing short of stellar. On non-Blackberry devices, however, this application is glitchy and problematic. In addition to the gray checks (we guess the message may - or may not - have been delivered) now I'm getting a red X from time to time. And lo and behold sometimes messages that are red-X'd on my system are actually delivered. And sometimes messages that I see marked as delivered are never received....

I have always chosen to respect the efforts of ALL companies that bring products to the consumer market. consumers can be fickle in their loyalty and often unforgivingly rude in their criticism. However, I must say that it's quite disheartening to see the proven solidity of BBM appear so 'unready' on the Android and iOS platforms. I will keep on believing in this product; but these bumps, blips and hummocks have to be worked out soon - at least before the novelty wears off.
    11-03-13 09:01 PM
560 ... 1617181920 ...