Okay, I admit to setting up that account ... I wanted Benji to feel appreciated.

I have to admit I raised an eyebrow at Victoria's last name. Still not quite ready to accept that.
    11-01-13 01:04 PM
    I have to admit I raised an eyebrow at Victoria's last name. Still not quite ready to accept that.
    Well, I've seen the name listed on the BlackBerry web page. It is appropriate, lol. But did she really make the cb account and reply?
    11-01-13 01:38 PM
    By the way, Benjamin_NYC:

I truly appreciate that you provided info and logs to BlackBerry to help them troubleshoot the issues you were having. As I wrote in my post #356 in this thread, it is far more important to do what you can to help the vendor to track down an issue than it is to incessantly gripe about it in some random online forum.

If I had known that you were engaging in that dialogue with BlackBerry prior to the announcement by Victoria Berry here, I would have been slightly less critical of your caustic comments.
    What Benjamin wrote is par for the course on these forums. It shouldn't matter if he was dialoging with BB, multiple posters have said the same thing in other threads.

The day of the BB failed launch I and others asked users to stop propagating links to the Leaked APKs because of the problems these Alpha/Beta products can cause when used in lieu of release versions.

People with a clue clearly seen that BB was having issues on the Services/Server side with the launch.

Everyone got shouted down and trolled out of the threads by "defenders" blaming Google Play (even though the iTunes listing was also taken down) due to Fake apps, and things like that.

Same thing with these delivery issues. These people don't even pay attention to what they're reading and responding to. They tell you to install Beta Zone apps even though you are using a completely different platform, and things like that.

His comments weren't caustic, they were just harsh responses to harsh criticism from clueless people more invested in defending the app/service than acknowledging the issue (which we were "nice" enough to give evidence of through screenshots, etc. which isn't out obligation - we could have just uninstalled and moved on without saying a peep and let those people who don't want to waste time on this forum suffer through it until BB tracked it down themselves without any help or confirmation on the issue). They were not here to troubleshoot. They were barely paying attention to what others were stating in the thread. There is like 15 instances of posters having to repeat themselves because they people clearly were not even reading what they were responding to in this thread.

The clock analogy makes no sense. A broken clock is still broken. The fact that time doesn't sit still allowing it to be correct twice a day for one minute at a time doesn't change that.
    bobauckland and kevinnugent like this.
    11-01-13 01:38 PM
    I'm still facing issues unfortunately, messaged a friend this morning on an android and got a delivered d mark, no reply, was sat down with her in the evening and her phone made a noise, looked at it, it was the bbm coming through.
    About 8 hrs after I got the D.

She's asked me not to use bbm to message her anymore. Not sure how to replicate this as I'm obviously not always sat in the same room with people I'm messaging but it worries me that even the d is not reliable cross platform.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 02:30 PM
    I'm still facing issues unfortunately, messaged a friend this morning on an android and got a delivered d mark, no reply, was sat down with her in the evening and her phone made a noise, looked at it, it was the bbm coming through.

She's asked me not to use bbm to message her anymore. Not sure how to replicate this as I'm obviously not always sat in the same room with people I'm messaging but it worries me that even the d is not reliable cross platform.

Posted via CB10
    You cannot reliably replicate it. It's a totally intermittent issue, which is why I simply had to drop using it - period. You never know when it's going to happen, so the only way to avoid it is to simply not/never use it.

One minute your IMs are going through in seconds. Next minute they are being sent but never reaching the target device.

Some users in the thread have implied that the message actually gets delivered and the checkmark (with no 'D' or 'R') is simply a graphical bug. That's not true. The Message gets stuck at the server and doesn't get delivered at all :-(
    11-01-13 04:37 PM
    What Benjamin wrote is par for the course on these forums. It shouldn't matter if he was dialoging with BB, multiple posters have said the same thing in other threads.
    Please don't use this one example as a precedent to coddle anyone who shows up to talk smack about BlackBerry. "Oh, he was just trying to get help with a real problem." Most of the time these topics are just veiled attempts to talk about how wonderful apple and android are. If someone wants to talk about a legitimate problem on BlackBerry, he should leave the "jumping ship" bull**** out of it.

You cannot reliably replicate it. It's a totally intermittent issue, which is why I simply had to drop using it - period. You never know when it's going to happen, so the only way to avoid it is to simply not/never use it.

One minute your IMs are going through in seconds. Next minute they are being sent but never reaching the target device.

Some users in the thread have implied that the message actually gets delivered and the checkmark (with no 'D' or 'R') is simply a graphical bug. That's not true. The Message gets stuck at the server and doesn't get delivered at all :-(
    There could be other factors in this server side problem. It could have something to do with devices (BlackBerry and other platform handsets) going back and forth between wifi and the mobile network or signing out of the program then perhaps back in. Here's why I say this. I have noticed that on BBOS when I use yahoo instant messenger there can be missed messages. I've tested and learned that the missed messages happen when I send a message after coming onto wifi from the mobile network. The BIS switch is very fast; everything else like email works right away, but it takes some time (a few minutes, it seems) for BIS to realize that the yahoo identity has switched to wifi. If I send some messages from the handset to a yahoo client logged in on a pc right away after coming onto wifi with BIS the messages are never delivered. The only way to ensure they are delivered under those circumstances (mobile network switching to wifi) is to sign out of yahoo and back in when wifi connects or toggle all connections off and then back on where effectively the same thing happens (yahoo signs out and right back in). Recently I've found that messages will deliver if I wait a few minutes before sending them, but I haven't done enough testing to say that with certainty. It seems to be the case so far. I know BB10, android, and ios are different altogether from BBOS/BIS BlackBerry, but I'm just pointing out that it could be something similar, something to do with how the noc sees the various platforms' clients under diverse circumstances.
    11-01-13 06:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Haha. Did Vic Berry try to pull a placebo?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 06:49 PM
    I have now added10 more BBM users and it has been great. Everything has been working perfect. Even my wife, who bugs me all the time about my blackberry, gave BBM a try on her Iphone and she is actually impressed.

Posted via my awesome Q10
    11-01-13 06:49 PM
    Well, I've seen the name listed on the BlackBerry web page. It is appropriate, lol. But did she really make the cb account and reply?
    I was concerned why she would make an account on CB since BlackBerry have a good platform (support forums on BlackBerry) where she could have participated to clarify the solution Or probably tip the bloggers to inform that they have worked out a solution.
    In any case, if this was a fake account it has not been made for this purpose solely since it is being used since May 2013.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 06:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    When you faced this issue, did you verify if your friend had disabled the always connected icon?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 07:05 PM
    The one thing that I've always loved the most about BBM was its rock solid reliability. If I sent a message, it was delivered. Within seconds. 100% of the time. If the person was around the corner or around the world. I send, and BAM, it's delivered. Never a glitch.

In fact, the once thing I hate most about Whatsapp is its unreliability. I always get the single check, but the second check comes immediately, or hours later, or two days later, or never. It's just not reliable like BBM.

So this reliability was what I was looking forward to on xBBM. To finally have that back with my contacts. Reliability. The most important thing.

Well, sad to say, it is not there. Reliability of delivery with iOS users and Android users is poor. I'd say about on par with WhatsApp.

Yesterday, in the middle of a lively back and forth with an Android thread, the conversation just ceased for 5 hours. Nothing I sent was delivered. No, he didn't get on a plane. Reliability to just stopped. Then at 7pm, they were all delivered en masse.

Today, same with an iOS user. Lively conversation just stops as my BBM's just stopped getting delivered for 45 minutes. Then they were all delivered.

This is p*ss poor. This is not what BBM is about. BBM is (was?) about reliability.

I am hoping that this is temporary and related to this being new, but if there are, at MOST, 10 million new iOS/Android users, and it can't be reliable, how will it ever be reliable with 100 million?

Sad to see...
    I can say that nearly all of my BBM messages with other blackberry users or android/ios users have been delivered immediately with at most a check mark for a few mins rarely. It is my main communication everyone i talk to uses it now and love it! I have never been more happy messaging on my phone I'd use the term "buttery smooth" as my experience with it and i cant wait for video/voice to go cross platform and for more overall enhancements for bbm! Things are only gunna get better channels is awesome and there's so much more stay tuned and hold on for the ride! If there are issues they will be fixed quickly like the previous ones.

Posted via CB10 on my ? Blackberry Q10!
    11-01-13 07:31 PM
    Reliability for me is much much higher now. Thanks to...well, ME!

Posted via CB10
    Undbiter65 likes this.
    11-01-13 08:38 PM
    Reliability for me is much much higher now. Thanks to...well, ME!

Posted via CB10
    Haha you deserve it man. And it's working flawless for me too. Thanks bro.

"If you can't soar with the eagles then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    11-01-13 09:14 PM
    Haha you deserve it man. And it's working flawless for me too. Thanks bro.

"If you can't soar with the eagles then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    Well, thanks to BlackBerry too!
    11-01-13 10:04 PM
    When you faced this issue, did you verify if your friend had disabled the always connected icon?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I used her phone to check some whatsapp messages a few mins before the bbm came through, as I swiped down to get the notifications menu to get into whatsapp I saw the bbm is connected thing in notifications.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 02:23 AM
    It shouldn't matter if he was dialoging with BB

It does matter, as I pointed out previously. MOST people just gripe day-in-day-out here, without lifting a finger to help.

And then when people like me try to help, half the time we get attitude from people who think the threads or posts we spend hours working on, trying to be helpful are not actually helpful, but "self-promotion". See below about the OP's initial ridiculing in this thread of the very idea of contacting BlackBerry.

His comments weren't caustic, they were just harsh responses to harsh criticism from clueless people...

See examples below, half of which were not even directed at people here, but at BlackBerry the company. Not that I expect you to care, since you have already made it clear that you think that all the people who did NOT experience delivery issues were "wrong". (Which they clearly were not. They just had a different (more positive) experience. Yet the OP denounced them as "adding nothing to the discussion", then went on to basically claim personal credit for fixing the problem.)

Note that in quote #8 below, posted 10/30, he ridiculed the idea of contacting BlackBerry to work with them on the issue. And then a few hours later "assured" people that BlackBerry had been notified, without providing any further support for that.

Um, that's my personal confidence level. As in what I think. And I think it's pretty high, given BlackBerry's track record of dismal failure.
    Unless I'm wrong and BB doesn't support Push on Yahoo and Gmail, which I guess wouldn't be a surprise, considering BlackBerry's dismal failure in making BB10 a functioning work device.
    Some of the posts in this thread are laughable. Anytime someone posts that they are having reliability issues, a bunch of fanboys pop on to say, "all is well for me!" and then put their heads back in the sand. It would be funny were it not so sad.
    I don't do leaks, betas or any of that garbage. BlackBerry has a hard enough time making official software work.
    If a large number of people are experiencing a certain problem, it is irrelevant that some of you are not. It adds nothing to the discussion.
    All they says is their stupid tagline: "Always Connected!" or whatever idiocy they're spewing now. When in fact, it is NOT always connected. What idiots.
    Most of those posting here refuting our problems or adding their own 2 cents about how "everything is great" are just fanboys trying to distract from what is obviously a big problem with xBBM. And you know what,? It's not getting better...
    You mean contact BlackBerry? No, what's the best way? And do you really think some tech support desk person at BlackBerry is going to concede there is a problem rather than just telling me to restart my phone?
    EXACTLY. Now watch the fanboy-collective jump all over you.
    BlackBerry's software is garbage, even once officially released. I'd have to be out of my mind to trust my device to an unreleased version. I can't even trust what they do release.
    They have found their excuse de jour [...] They will hold onto this excuse with an iron grip until such time as it is shown to be as irrelevant as it is. Then they will silently disappear, or claim the whole time they "didn't mean THAT Beta! I meant the other one!" [...] No amount of logical reasoning with them will convince them otherwise, until it is simply show to be as false as it is.

[...]The Blinded Masses [...] The Blinded Masses [...]
    BJ: 1 / Blinded Masses: 0
    The Blinded Masses [...] The Blinded Masses [...]
    BJ: 2 / The Blinded Masses: 0

Yep. Caustic.

I'm glad more people are having a better experience with cross-platform BBM now. I hope it continues to improve.
    grover5 likes this.
    11-02-13 04:22 AM
    It does matter, as I pointed out previously. MOST people just gripe day-in-day-out here, without lifting a finger to help.

And then when people like me try to help, half the time we get attitude from people who think the threads or posts we spend hours working on, trying to be helpful are not actually helpful, but "self-promotion". See below about the OP's initial ridiculing in this thread of the very idea of contacting BlackBerry.

See examples below, half of which were not even directed at people here, but at BlackBerry the company. Not that I expect you to care, since you have already made it clear that you think that all the people who did NOT experience delivery issues were "wrong". (Which they clearly were not. They just had a different (more positive) experience. Yet the OP denounced them as "adding nothing to the discussion", then went on to basically claim personal credit for fixing the problem.)

Note that in quote #8 below, posted 10/30, he ridiculed the idea of contacting BlackBerry to work with them on the issue. And then a few hours later "assured" people that BlackBerry had been notified, without providing any further support for that.

Yep. Caustic.

I'm glad more people are having a better experience with cross-platform BBM now. I hope it continues to improve.
    I can see your point that just complaining doesn't necessarily make things better.

In decreasing order of making things better, I'd say it's probably

1 working with BlackBerry where possible to make problems better

2 complaining on here and collating issues so that BlackBerry can notice them, as they've said they do, provided it's not drowned out by people calling others liars cos they're not having the same issues

3 Making long threads trying to explain away genuine issues and with a limited understanding of the usage needs of many and indeed a limited understanding of the technology, then cross referencing and pushing links to those threads wherever it's possible, even though it's opinion passed off as facts and faqs.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 04:42 AM
    Issue seems to be back for me this morning. Sending picture, in this case. The "sending bar" goes all the way to the end but doesn't "complete". Shared with my contact at BlackBerry, of course. BJ continues to be :helpful:

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 08:06 AM
    BJ continues to be
    Your useless drivel is hilighted in post #416. See post #416.
    11-02-13 09:08 AM
    "BJ continues to be...your useless drivel..."

Doesn't seem like a sentence to me...

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 09:31 AM
    "BJ continues to be...your useless drivel..."

Doesn't seem like a sentence to me...
    I'll dumb it down for you: see post #416 for an example of your useless drivel. (Note the bolded parts within that post #416.)
    11-02-13 09:39 AM
    Can't see post numbers in CB10 app

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 09:44 AM
    No, I don't think it has to do with their inferior devices. LOL! Look I'm a Z10 user all the way but this probably has more to do with BlackBerry not expecting this large amount of users so fast. I dare say it probably has more to do with their servers being backed up. I'm certain they have a portion of the server dedicated to xBBM users that probably can't keep up with the large unexpected demand for BBM. Hopefully BlackBerry will fix that promptly! I too have experience lag time on delivery of messages to iPhone and Android users. Although for some reason it seems to work better with Samsung users than with other Android users.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 09:46 AM
    Can't see post numbers in CB10 app
    Not to worry, others can see it from their browsers. They need to know the truth about you.
    11-02-13 09:47 AM
    The truth about how I'm helping to solve the problem versus sticking my head in the sand while repeating, "Just download the beta!" I agree!

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 09:50 AM
560 ... 1516171819 ...