I really hope you're joking. Obviously if someone's battery dies they won't receive the message, but to say "iPhones batteries are always low" is really ridiculous. I have a 5s and my battery lasts all day. My husband has an S3. We're having issues with his phone, but it has nothing to do with battery. The cross platform versions of BBM have some *real* issues. Any phone's battery can die throughout the day - including that of the Z10 and other blackberry phones, but you don't see them having the same issues we are with reliability (in general, when we're looking at BB to BB communication).

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    No, I'm not joking. It's something I have observed during my cross platform experience. To me, not even one problem with android friends users. But, problems with my iphones friends still happening and most of them because of battery. They're my friends so when this happens I ask them why they were offline and the reason in 90% is battery. Sorry if you're facing problems with your Android friends.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 06:55 AM
    It might have been said before but I can confirm that if Android users close the app out completely, they don't get the message until the app is reopened. Tested this on a friends Nexus 5. I'd send a message and they would get no notification at all that they received a bbm message. If the app was actually open though, everything worked perfectly

The fact that they get no notification at all is a huge problem in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 11:19 PM
    I've had no issues what so ever with BBM on my android. I'm in a couple very active groups and usually have several conversations a day. I've not had any delays and that is with the S2.
    12-04-13 09:12 AM
    I've had no issues what so ever with BBM on my android. I'm in a couple very active groups and usually have several conversations a day. I've not had any delays and that is with the S2.
    How did you get it android 4.0 on your s2? I tried to a friend of mine, but didn't make it.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 09:38 AM
    Mine actually came from Ntelos with it already installed. However, you should be able to go through Kiess and get it updated that way.

How did you get it android 4.0 on your s2? I tried to a friend of mine, but didn't make it.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 09:54 AM
    On my q10 my messages are not always sent right away, my friend on android is gonna delete Bbm. How sad

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 02:52 PM
    On my q10 my messages are not always sent right away, my friend on android is gonna delete Bbm. How sad

Posted via CB10
    Does your friend have the newest version? It was recently updated for Android with battery saving improvements.

Posted via my Z10
    12-04-13 03:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Your friend probably has his/her BBM connected icon turned off.

Posted via CB10
    ital1 likes this.
    12-04-13 03:08 PM
    Your friend probably has his/her BBM connected icon turned off.

Posted via CB10
    People here said it would do nothing :-)

In surprised these issues are still there. it's kind of been forever...

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    12-05-13 02:13 PM
    People here said it would do nothing :-)

I don't have these issues and no, it would effect BBM if you turn off that icon.

I'm not gonna talk about your last sentence cause this has been discussed over and over.

I thought you said you deleted the app.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 03:11 PM

What drama planet are you from, where "forever" = 6 weeks?
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    12-05-13 06:43 PM
    I've noticed bbm delivery confirmations with my android contacts greatly improve this last week. Prior to that I was having big issues with android, huge delays before it showed delivered.

Hope this continues to improve! I've heard ios has more issues than android, but can't speak from personal experience.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 07:03 PM
    What drama planet are you from, where "forever" = 6 weeks?
    The entire existence of the cross platform application is forever.

12-05-13 10:02 PM
    I don't have these issues and no, it would effect BBM if you turn off that icon.

I'm not gonna talk about your last sentence cause this has been discussed over and over.

I thought you said you deleted the app.

Posted via CB10
    I did and never looked back. What does that have to do with what I said. I just checked to see if they fixes it. They didn't.

12-05-13 10:03 PM
    What is notice is that BBM sometimes take 1 minute to deliver the message but mostly quick and never let me down since BBM arrive at ios and android. With whatsapp I had the problems that message also take some time but also longer than BBM and that was mostly 10 minutes or longer and also the server of whatsapp is down every week here in Europe.

So i decided to delete whatsapp because BBM is more private and sending and the compresion to send a photo or file is way better than on whatsapp. It save's your internet plan
    Omnitech and Thesmartmale like this.
    12-06-13 01:31 AM
    What is notice is that BBM sometimes take 1 minute to deliver the message but mostly quick and never let me down since BBM arrive at ios and android. With whatsapp I had the problems that message also take some time but also longer than BBM and that was mostly 10 minutes or longer and also the server of whatsapp is down every week here in Europe.

So i decided to delete whatsapp because BBM is more private and sending and the compresion to send a photo or file is way better than on whatsapp. It save's your internet plan
    Yep. I just think they should improve the size of file (double. Now I think is sth about 12 kb) and desperately improve the limit size of overall files. 6MB is nothing.

Agree with your thoughts. Not saying BBM is perfect in this moment. They still have a long road to go. But, don't say the app is **** it's not true. Works better then Whatsapp... Period.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 10:13 AM
    I don't see how it's better than what's app though when if they close out the app, they get no notification that they have a message waiting? At least for android anyway.

If they leave the app open in the background, BBM worked perfectly as it should, but as soon as I closed their app out, he got no indication I sent him a message until I reopened his app. That's a huge flaw in my opinion. Defects the purpose of bbm if you ask me. Luckily I haven't had anyone delete the app, but if I send someone a message and it doesn't deliver and then I have to text them just to get a response, doesn't that look bad for bbm lol

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 12:08 PM
    I don't see how it's better than what's app though when if they close out the app, they get no notification that they have a message waiting? At least for android anyway.

If they leave the app open in the background, BBM worked perfectly as it should, but as soon as I closed their app out, he got no indication I sent him a message until I reopened his app. That's a huge flaw in my opinion. Defects the purpose of bbm if you ask me. Luckily I haven't had anyone delete the app, but if I send someone a message and it doesn't deliver and then I have to text them just to get a response, doesn't that look bad for bbm lol

Posted via CB10
    I have 3 friends using BBM on Android phones. Can't exactly tell you because i dont know if they keep the app opened all the time, but every time I send a message, bbm delivers really fast. At least faster than iPhone. Let's say android takes 2 seconds and iphones between 5 and 10 seconds.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 12:26 PM
    I have 3 friends using BBM on Android phones. Can't exactly tell you because i dont know if they keep the app opened all the time, but every time I send a message, bbm delivers really fast. At least faster than iPhone. Let's say android takes 2 seconds and iphones between 5 and 10 seconds.

Posted via CB10
    I'm telling u that they have the app open in the background lol...I tested this myself. Like you said, it works perfectly if they have the app open. At worst messages go delivered a few seconds after I sent them but once I closed the app, NOTHING lol. I don't know how it is on IOS. I thought I read somewhere that they still get s notification but I know Android gets nothing to let them know they have a message waiting

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 01:34 PM
    I'm telling u that they have the app open in the background lol...I tested this myself. Like you said, it works perfectly if they have the app open. At worst messages go delivered a few seconds after I sent them but once I closed the app, NOTHING lol. I don't know how it is on IOS. I thought I read somewhere that they still get s notification but I know Android gets nothing to let them know they have a message waiting

Posted via CB10
    My friends use the app, they never had a problem like the one you described, did you ask your friend if his BBM connected icon is ON?!

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 01:43 PM
    My wife has given up on BBM altogether now.
    Yesterday I sent her some messages in the morning, she replied, I didn't get anything, by the evening I had still not got anything, and on my BlackBerry it was still showing the messages as delivered only, not even read.

I know one persons experiences aren't necessarily generalisable to everyone, but it's sad to see how many people are having reliability problems with cross platform BBM, and also how BlackBerry don't seem bothered in collecting logs etc or finding out why there are so many issues, just general surveys through beta zone.

I know in my friend circle whatsapp is being seen with new respect now, it's proving to be way more dependable and reliable that cross platform BBM. Which is a shame.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 02:23 PM
    My friends use the app, they never had a problem like the one you described, did you ask your friend if his BBM connected icon is ON?!

Posted via CB10
    Being honest, I didn't look into that setting? Is that by default on or off? I don't see why it would be off if that'd the case.

Next time u are around one of them, have them exit it from the background and you'll see what I'm talking about. The message won't show as delivered until they've reopened the app. If they don't ever fully close out the app then that's good for you. BBM should work great for ya'll.

I feel bad for others who just simply aren't having messages delivered. I honestly haven't experienced that problem

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 02:51 PM
    Being honest, I didn't look into that setting? Is that by default on or off? I don't see why it would be off if that'd the case.

Next time u are around one of them, have them exit it from the background and you'll see what I'm talking about. The message won't show as delivered until they've reopened the app. If they don't ever fully close out the app then that's good for you. BBM should work great for ya'll.

I feel bad for others who just simply aren't having messages delivered. I honestly haven't experienced that problem

Posted via CB10
    I just tried it on my dad's S4, if that setting is OFF then I don't get a delivery D untill he opens the app but if that setting is ON then whatever he does, I still get a D, even if he closes the app everytime I send him something.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    12-06-13 04:19 PM
    Ok just to be sure, are u saying u just exiting out the app, or are u also removing it from the background?

Is that bbm connected icon on by default. I can't see people turning it off

When I get a chance again I will also attempt this for myself and see if they still get messages delivered

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 05:01 PM
    Is it ios bbm or just what... I manage to convinced my ios friend to unstall bbm so I can message them for free(sms is expensive) but three of then just refuses to answer me back right away. It would take at least a few hours or a day or not even ---- even if I see that that message would get delivered in a few seconds (D marked)

Once he told me that the message got earased when he triwd to open it... does thus happen?

Another said ah I did not see because ause you sent it via bbm--- is there a difference if I send it via email, sms or bbm. Wouldn't it beep thesame on iphones

I tried my moms iphone and tested to send bbm message and sure enough it beeps right away and if you rwad it leaves a mark on the bbm icon that you have an unread message

My android brother started a group between us siblings so we can update as to what or when whatever BUT my iphone brother just refuses or forgets or what to use it and insist on sending emails to each one.

Oh my iphone Mom uses sms all the tine even if she has bbm. But when I message her on bbm she answer right away. Then she uses it until the next day then she reverts back to sms. Habit a guess.

Forget about my iphone sister she doesn't install bbm on het iphone giving excuses... once she ask help on her car... did house call and cornered her and got hold of her ihpone and installed bbm... but the dame thing is asking for itunes password... told her to input password guess what she said - SHE FORGOT HER PASSWORD. ya right

I ask what is it you have agaist BlackBerry or bbm that you don't like to use it... its FREE and there are no advertisments so why?

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 05:15 PM
560 ... 20212223