Ok I love BlackBerry. Ever since my first Storm I've been nothing but BlackBerry. Switched my gf to BlackBerry. Switched a co-worker. But now sadly I'm beginning to wonder if BlackBerry can do anything right! Very very disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 05:34 PM
    ChatOn now has SMS/MMS integration and from what I see it threads the messages iMessage style with IM, so I'm going to hold off on using a messaging service until that makes it to the US and I can try it. If it threads them like iMessage, it will be an instant winner with a lot of people I feel.

Especially now that it doesn't look like **** :-P
    11-26-13 06:47 PM
    After reading so many post of bbm inconsistencies I decided to create a group with the ppl I chat the most on bbm, to see if we could replicate this issues. I have a Z10, and we have 2 iphones 5 on ios 7, 2 iphones 4s on ios7, an S3 , and 2 notes (don't remember if 2 or 3). And tbh we haven't had a single delay issue. Maybe or carriers are doing their jobs but with bbm itself we've had no problems. We can chat as if we were in front of each other. Can't say what would be causing delay issues but atleast on our side, we can't replicate them.

Hardcore BlackBerry er'
    11-27-13 11:08 AM
    Hi, I came to the forums to see if others are experiencing the problems we were having and came across this very "passionate" thread. Anyway, without getting into all the emotions, I have a group of four friends including myself in a BBM group, all of us are on Android devices - an S3, S4, Nexus4, and a Nexus5. Three Canadians and an American, so BBM was attractive as a way to communicate without LD texting fees. Anyway, long story short, we are seeing a lot of problems with delayed messages or no notification until you open the BBM app. Finally today one person who sent out a message earlier in the day sent me an SMS message to see if I received his message. I hadn't, so I popped open BBM and suddenly it appeared. At this point the other members of the group, who I had convinced to use BBM, are no longer interested in using the service because it can't be depended on.

I can't tell you how disappointing this is. I hope people from BlackBerry are reading these forums, when I had a BB device and used BBM it was a rock. The service right now is sadly far from how I remember it.

I'll keep checking CrackBerry to see if there are updates and improvements but if another solution like Hangouts or WhatsApp fills the requirement then it won't be an easy sell to try and move them back.
    Thank you for posting in this thread about your issues. It is the "go to" location for all things related to woeful BBM reliability.

Unfortunately, there are no updates. BlackBerry has disappeared and gone silent on these issues. It is obvious they have given up on making Cross Platform BBM actually reliable. Instead, they have oddly decided to focus on the launch of a useless, me2, about-5-years-too-late, "social network" called BBM Channels.

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent and solitude1984 like this.
    11-27-13 08:32 PM
    BlackBerry has disappeared and gone silent on these issues. It is obvious they have given up on making Cross Platform BBM actually reliable.

That's a ridiculous assumption and makes you look like a tool.
    Thesmartmale and Oddsocket like this.
    11-27-13 08:43 PM
    That's a ridiculous assumption and makes you look like a tool.

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    11-28-13 09:49 AM
    Do you see any indication of BlackBerry making any attempt tofix BBM? Didn't think so.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 09:50 AM
    Do you see any indication of BlackBerry making any attempt tofix BBM? Didn't think so.

Posted via CB10
    To be fair, do you work at BlackBerry? If not, then it's silly to say they aren't doing anything. Silly because, well, you have no way of knowing.

11-28-13 09:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    Of course there is!!!! Were you sleeping when BBM was updated a week ago on iphones and androids?! Maybe it hasn't fixed the so called reliability problem but everything will get fixed with time so stop making up stuff!

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 02:28 PM
    It has been a horrible experience for ios users...I have iphone on top off my q10 and messages have been very delayed
    11-28-13 03:11 PM
    It has been a horrible experience for ios users...I have iphone on top off my q10 and messages have been very delayed
    Your iphone connection is probably bad or something, lots and lots of friends and family using iphones and they are not complaining about reliability, maybe other missing features but not reliability.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 03:34 PM
    Of course there is!!!! Were you sleeping when BBM was updated a week ago on iphones and androids?! Maybe it hasn't fixed the so called reliability problem but everything will get fixed with time so stop making up stuff!

Posted via CB10
    "So called"? Ok...whatever.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 04:24 PM
    Your iphone connection is probably bad or something, lots and lots of friends and family using iphones and they are not complaining about reliability, maybe other missing features but not reliability.

Posted via CB10
    Oh yeah, I'm sure it's just a bad connection

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 04:24 PM
    Here's an article called "BBM Messgaes constantly not showing up." I have this happen a lot.

http://www.blackberryos.com/content/...owing-up-6786/

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    11-28-13 06:42 PM
    I realize that maybe a reason of poor ios response is that their iphones batteries are always low. They're out of battery almost all the time. I realize that because i have two friends on S4 and the responses are really fast. I have an iPhone 4s friend, but she is pretty close to me and i know she keeps recharging the phone all day. So or communication is good all the day. But, I have three others friends with iphones too and they're always out of battery. I mean they never recharge the phones through the day. So, it's tough to see the blue D with them as i see with the others.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 08:35 PM
    I realize that maybe a reason of poor ios response is that their iphones batteries are always low. They're out of battery almost all the time. I realize that because i have two friends on S4 and the responses are really fast. I have an iPhone 4s friend, but she is pretty close to me and i know she keeps recharging the phone all day. So or communication is good all the day. But, I have three others friends with iphones too and they're always out of battery. I mean they never recharge the phones through the day. So, it's tough to see the blue D with them as i see with the others.
    Yeah, that also must be it. You and the other poster have really identified the problem with cross platform BBM on iOS: bad signal & low batteries.

BlackBerry can rest easy, as the problem has been identified, and it's because all iPhones have permenant bad signal and low battery.

Posted via CB10
    solitude1984 likes this.
    11-28-13 08:40 PM
    Yeah, that also must be it. You and the other poster have really identified the problem with cross platform BBM on iOS: bad signal & low batteries.

BlackBerry can rest easy, as the problem has been identified, and it's because all iPhones have permenant bad signal and low battery.

Posted via CB10
    Haha

11-28-13 10:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    There s definitely an issue on IOS. it's gotten way better but still not at 100%. Hopefully BlackBerry IS working on it.

11-28-13 10:45 PM
    There s definitely an issue on IOS. it's gotten way better but still not at 100%. Hopefully BlackBerry IS working on it.

Nah.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 11:03 PM
    For me, BBM is not reliable btw Z10 <=>Iphone4S/Samsung S3. I had to jump back to use Whatsapp because BBM couldn't deliver the messages!
    11-28-13 11:58 PM
    Nah.

Posted via CB10
    just out of curiosity.... what interest do you have in bashing blackberry? I have yet to see a positive post from you ( or one that states actual fact for that matter) so one could easily determine your just here to aggravate other legitimate posters
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    11-29-13 12:08 AM

People, please stop jumping to enormous sweeping generalizations based on a few examples here or there. And before you jump in with ANY big pronouncements, please read the thread first, there are over 500 posts here.

We have discussed this issue at length here and elsewhere, and people are rehashing old news. Yes, there seem to be some delay issues in some cases, on the other hand many people seem to experience no such issues.

Specifically, people using Apple devices sometimes seem to have issues sending "delivery confirmations" if their device goes into sleep mode. And in some cases the messages themselves may be delayed. There may be issues on Android as well in some cases.

The overall point is, this is by no means something that happens "all the time to everyone" or even "everyone using iphones", so please stop making such claims. Thanks.

I'm quite sure BlackBerry is not only working on this issue, but also interested in user feedback about it as Benjamin_NYC knows full well because he has already communicated with them about it. (Information about that dialogue available in earlier posts in this thread)
    11-29-13 12:37 AM
    Nah.

Posted via CB10
    Says the person who doesn't know a thing!

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 04:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    I really hope you're joking. Obviously if someone's battery dies they won't receive the message, but to say "iPhones batteries are always low" is really ridiculous. I have a 5s and my battery lasts all day. My husband has an S3. We're having issues with his phone, but it has nothing to do with battery. The cross platform versions of BBM have some *real* issues. Any phone's battery can die throughout the day - including that of the Z10 and other blackberry phones, but you don't see them having the same issues we are with reliability (in general, when we're looking at BB to BB communication).

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    11-29-13 06:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    I did not identify nothing. I just brought up a fact.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 06:49 AM
560 ... 1920212223