So is the issue that they just aren't seeing a system notification, or are they actually opening the BBM app while they have good internet connectivity, giving it time to sync, and not seeing any evidence of your sent message?
    I haven't had anyone right beside me to test this but it's almost as if unless people have the app open and running, they get no notification that they have a message. I have no other explanation of why a friend took 3 days to respond back to me...unless in took that long to deliver. Another friend has went 5 days without seeing my message. I don't know what BlackBerry can do but there has to be a better way. BBM is of no value to me if people don't get my messages until they open the app.

I just had another android friend message me and the conversation went as smooth as butter....but like I said, he messaged me. and had his app open.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 01:14 PM
    Some of us have seen this happen with the other device sitting on our laps.

No D, No Delivery.

I'm not buying this "sometimes the message is delivered without the D" B.S.
    It's proven to be right, stop calling B.S on things you haven't tried, get a freaking iPhone and try it yourself!! I posted about this a couple of times in other threads and others confirmed it.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    11-06-13 09:52 PM
    It's proven to be right, stop calling B.S on things you haven't tried, get a freaking iPhone and try it yourself!! I posted about this a couple of times in other threads and others confirmed it.

Posted via CB10
    Talking about Android. But for future reference I'm pretty much over this (as in no longer get interested in this service) so it doesn't matter to me anymore. I indicated this up thread.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    11-06-13 09:54 PM
    In my testing I found that if the app was not running on iOS and Android devices the messages is delivered but because the app is not running then the delivery indicator "D" is not sent until the app is opened and running. I cannot speculate as to why this is the case but I would love for it to to be fixed. Most people will leave the app running but for the ones that don't is where this becomes a problem. In the end the way I see it this is just one of the reasons why a Blackberry is better for doing communications then other platforms. None the less this needs to be fixed because to each their own and I would not want everyone to be using the same device. I like choices and competition.
    I hope n8ter or whatever his name is can see this post.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 09:54 PM
    Talking about Android. But for future reference I'm pretty much over this (as in no longer get interested in this service) so it doesn't matter to me anymore. I indicated this up thread.

Oh ok glad you did. Sorry I didn't see that post.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 09:57 PM
    Which is precisely why I have barely bothered to check this thread since then.

Oh ok glad you did. Sorry I didn't see that post.

Posted via CB10
    Always helpful to read through before replying. ;-)

11-06-13 10:07 PM
    Always helpful to read through before replying. ;-)

I've read all posts but it looks like I missed yours.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 10:19 PM
    Lots of lag with bbm to my bro's android, don't have to may other contacts to test with but getting frustrated

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 11:16 PM
    I've read all posts but it looks like I missed yours.

Posted via CB10
    Haha. A bit contradictory. Lol

"If you can't soar with the eagles then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    11-06-13 11:19 PM
    Haha. A bit contradictory. Lol

No, it just happens that you miss a post by mistake, specially that the CB app is buggy now.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 03:03 AM
    I do love, however, how the thread has been turned into something iOS centric because it seems like it's the easy part to "excuse," when the issues are universal between both platforms. Even on Android, with the app running and open and one person using both devices the messages can be observed getting stock - for hours at a time.

It seems the thread has been hijacked and now it's become an "iOS this and that" thread.

Notwithstanding the fact that I have used Messaging apps on iOS and they didn't exhibit these types of issues.

I think troubleshooting this would be a lot easier if BBRY would just tell us how they are delivering messages and push notifications on each platform.
    11-07-13 07:40 AM
    I do love, however, how the thread has been turned into something iOS centric because it seems like it's the easy part to "excuse," when the issues are universal between both platforms. Even on Android, with the app running and open and one person using both devices the messages can be observed getting stock - for hours at a time.

It seems the thread has been hijacked and now it's become an "iOS this and that" thread.

Notwithstanding the fact that I have used Messaging apps on iOS and they didn't exhibit these types of issues.

I think troubleshooting this would be a lot easier if BBRY would just tell us how they are delivering messages and push notifications on each platform.
    No matter how many times they are proven wrong, even by BlackBerry's own announcements, the fanboy userbase here will never simply admit that BlackBerry is having a serious problem. When proven wrong, they will immediately try and move the thread in a different direction to deflect focus on the problem.

To repeat: BBM IS NOT RELIABLE TO OR FROM ANDROID OR IOS DEVICES.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 07:45 AM
    No, it just happens that you miss a post by mistake, specially that the CB app is buggy now.

Posted via CB10
    You said you'd read ALL posts but missed his. lol. If you missed his, then by definition, you didn't read ALL posts. I just thought it was funny man. Chill! Lol

Thesmartmale likes this.
    11-07-13 08:03 AM
    You said you'd read ALL posts but missed his. lol. If you missed his, then by definition, you didn't read ALL posts. I just thought it was funny man. Chill! Lol

Lol I'm chilled man.

Posted via CB10
    Undbiter65 likes this.
    11-07-13 11:04 AM

Good thing you're not paying much attention to this thread any more, except to keep pushing the line that everyone is ignoring reality. (Remember, it was the OP who accused people of "not adding anything to the discussion" when they shared experiences that didn't match his.)
    grover5 likes this.
    11-07-13 03:41 PM
    No matter how many times they are proven wrong, even by BlackBerry's own announcements, the fanboy userbase here will never simply admit that BlackBerry is having a serious problem. When proven wrong, they will immediately try and move the thread in a different direction to deflect focus on the problem.

And back with the "fanboy" accusations.

From where I sit, it seems to me more a matter of getting angry and downright malicious whenever someone doesn't have precisely the same experiences that you claim to have.
    grover5 likes this.
    11-07-13 03:42 PM
    You two need to get a room.

Posted via my awesome Q10
    11-07-13 03:44 PM
    And back with the "fanboy" accusations.

From where I sit, it seems to me more a matter of getting angry and downright malicious whenever someone doesn't have precisely the same experiences that you claim to have.
    Benji has always been harsh like that.

BBM has been working flawlessly since that Victoria woman from BlackBerry posted on here. (which I noticed before I saw her post. And came to this thread to mention that when I saw her post. So it's not just my imagination.) In MY case BBM is reliable for me now. Glad I can say that. Working great now. So it seems the issue IS being addressed.

11-07-13 03:47 PM
    11-07-13 08:40 PM
    If the new iOS 7 can allow apps to refresh in the background, why can BBM for iOS exploit this fact? This would shorten the delay from a checkmark to "D" status when the app is in the background.
    Last edited by W1F8TQ; 11-11-13 at 08:45 PM. Reason: grammatical
    11-11-13 08:44 PM
    I have some BBM friends on iOS that are not frequent BBM-ers. A week ago, the D took hours or more to get there. Now, the D is immediate, but they will write me back hours or a day later apologizing that they just got the message, "text me next time if it's urgent, I never check that BBM thing."

I haven't yet asked these people what's going on on their end because I've been traveling, but it sounds like BlackBerry is now pushing the D if the message is (D)elivered to the iOS device, but they're not getting a notification? It sounds like they're only seeing it if they open the BBM app.

The D may be more accurate now, but this is hardly an improvement in the situation with iOS. It continues to be reliable with Android. But as most of my friends are iPhone people, BBM, once heralded by all of them as "hands down the best messanger" is slipping by the wayside once again. Sad...

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 10:38 PM
    BBM, once heralded by all of them as "hands down the best messanger" is slipping by the wayside once again.

In my world, it's more than a little premature to proclaim that an app that has only been out for less than a month and for most of that time (on iOS) was in the top 5 of ALL FREE APPS for that platform is "slipping by the wayside".

There is plenty of time to fix whatever issues make the app uncompetitive, and so far based on the posts I've seen many other iOS apps suffer from similiar issues on that platform.
    11-13-13 01:05 PM
    In my world, it's more than a little premature to proclaim that an app that has only been out for less than a month and for most of that time (on iOS) was in the top 5 of ALL FREE APPS for that platform is "slipping by the wayside".

There is plenty of time to fix whatever issues make the app uncompetitive, and so far based on the posts I've seen many other iOS apps suffer from similiar issues on that platform.
    I was saying what's happening in my world. But the one thing BB does not have is time. People don't forgive BB mistakes like they do Apple's. They needed to get BBM right, the first time, from the get go. They didn't. Twice. It is very unlikely that BBM will ever become big again. They blew so many chances, most recently the failed launch in September and the unfinished app released last month.
    11-13-13 03:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Are you running ios7? that could be your problem as BBM between my other android users is running smooth. iphones in general is very problematic .
    11-13-13 07:17 PM
    Hi, I came to the forums to see if others are experiencing the problems we were having and came across this very "passionate" thread. Anyway, without getting into all the emotions, I have a group of four friends including myself in a BBM group, all of us are on Android devices - an S3, S4, Nexus4, and a Nexus5. Three Canadians and an American, so BBM was attractive as a way to communicate without LD texting fees. Anyway, long story short, we are seeing a lot of problems with delayed messages or no notification until you open the BBM app. Finally today one person who sent out a message earlier in the day sent me an SMS message to see if I received his message. I hadn't, so I popped open BBM and suddenly it appeared. At this point the other members of the group, who I had convinced to use BBM, are no longer interested in using the service because it can't be depended on.

I can't tell you how disappointing this is. I hope people from BlackBerry are reading these forums, when I had a BB device and used BBM it was a rock. The service right now is sadly far from how I remember it.

I'll keep checking CrackBerry to see if there are updates and improvements but if another solution like Hangouts or WhatsApp fills the requirement then it won't be an easy sell to try and move them back.
    spaxz likes this.
    11-26-13 04:00 PM
560 ... 1819202122 ...