Very cool to see BlackBerry actually fix the problem and post in this thread. I'm glad they fixed whatever was broken.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 02:01 PM
    Wonder who you are calling defenders. Everyone had acknowledged that there was an issue for some and only giving out possible solutions that could possibly have worked since it worked for a few.

Posted via CB10
    I told you those "solutions" were worthless several pages ago because this issue had nothing to do with it.

I'm not sure why people went on for multiple pages trying to force people to do it (even people who literally can't do it as they don't use BB10 handsets), because it had nothing to do with the issue - at all.

People were telling me the problem was my phone, or TouchWiz. Others implied that I was lying simply to sabotage the app's reputation. Other's told me that I had malware on my phone.

The people who that solution worked for had a completely different issue.

There were people who used the Channels Beta who were getting Red X's trying to message people using BBM on other platforms, but that was a completely different issue. We knew about the Red X Channels bug since the failed launch over a month ago... BB rolled out an update pretty quickly for those customers, or they could downgrade from the Beta and remedy it themselves while they waited for a solution in the interim.

Those types of Beta-induced issues are the primary reason why some users refuse to use Beta/Pre-release/leaked/unofficial software on their devices.

In any case, it had nothing to do with the issue I and the people I tried this service with were having. I said that multiple times, yet people kept circling around to that. I have no reason to lie on the internet under a fa�ade/persona...
    bobauckland and raysgrumpy like this.
    10-31-13 02:02 PM
    I told you those "solutions" were worthless several pages ago because this issue had nothing to do with it.

I'm not sure why people went on for multiple pages trying to force people to do it (even people who literally can't do it as they don't use BB10 handsets), because it had nothing to do with the issue - at all.

People were telling me the problem was my phone, or TouchWiz. Others implied that I was lying simply to sabotage the app's reputation. Other's told me that I had malware on my phone.

There were people who used the Channels Beta who were getting Red X's trying to message people using BBM on other platforms, but that was a completely different issue. We knew about the Red X Channels bug since the failed launch over a month ago... BB rolled out an update pretty quickly for those customers, or they could downgrade from the Beta and remedy it themselves while they waited for a solution in the interim.

Those types of Beta-induced issues are the primary reason why some users refuse to use Beta/Pre-release/leaked/unofficial software on their devices.

In any case, it had nothing to do with the issue I and the people I tried this service with were having. I said that multiple times, yet people kept circling around to that. I have no reason to lie on the internet under a fa�ade/persona...
    You're wasting your time with some posters.
    Just revel in the happiness that BlackBerry are improving the app.
    Yay BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 02:10 PM

That's because it worked for me and a few others. Maybe it didn't work for some but then there was no fool proof solution at that point of time.
    And my issue was exactly the same that was discussed on this thread.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    10-31-13 02:12 PM
    That's because it worked for me and a few others. Maybe it didn't work for some but then there was no fool proof solution at that point of time.

Posted via CB10
    There was no solution at all except for BB to deal with it on their end. No Beta app or whatever was going to fix those issues. Whatever problems loading those beta apps fixed, were either completely unrelated to the issue in this thread, or simply placebo/chance.

The delivery issues were intermittent, so it's possible that the users who loaded them simply hadn't experienced the problem again after loading those beta apps, and simply attributed an increase in service quality to them when that isn't the case at all.
    10-31-13 02:22 PM
    There was no solution at all except for BB to deal with it on their end. No Beta app or whatever was going to fix those issues. Whatever problems loading those beta apps fixed, were either completely unrelated to the issue in this thread, or simply placebo/chance.

The delivery issues were intermittent, so it's possible that the users who loaded them simply hadn't experienced the problem again after loading those beta apps, and simply attributed an increase in service quality to them when that isn't the case at all.
    I am certain that it was no placebo effect and it fixed exactly those problems. In any case there is no point arguing further since the problem has been fixed and the whole point of this thread was to find a solution

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 02:31 PM
    An oxymoron to end the thread.

Have a great day!
    10-31-13 02:35 PM
    Just one example of many similar posts directed at me since I started this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...8/#post9447823
    It's one thing to report, discuss, and try to find solutions to problems, but why do the starters of so many threads like that use them as a soap box to plug other platforms' devices, os's, and competing (non-BlackBerry) apps? "Reverting to whatsapp" -- that's annoyingly dramatic. Report a problem, don't imply that "jumping ship" is the answer, and maybe BlackBerry enthusiasts won't find fault with the topic. Yea, yea, I know ... he was just "reporting" his "observations," but his dramatic "reverting to whatsapp" remark isn't necessary to deal with the problem(s).

I can't use BBM now cause the people I tried it with refuse to reinstall due to the issues we had with it. Nothing more I can do but move on from it...
    If this is true, those people are a bunch of hardons. Why don't they refuse to continue using apple or android when those platforms have problems? Why didn't they take the hard line approach and leave apple, never to return, after antennagate, lack of copy paste, lock screen hacks, etc?
    10-31-13 02:42 PM
    If this is true, those people are a bunch of hardons. Why don't they refuse to continue using apple or android when those platforms have problems? Why didn't they take the hard line approach and leave apple, never to return, after antennagate, lack of copy paste, lock screen hacks, etc?
    Given what a dbag this person is from their obnoxious posts, is it really that surprising their friends are equally such drama queens?

But then again if they didn't complain as much as they did, we might not have gotten BB's attention, so maybe that's how to get issues fixed around here and. Time to follow suit?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xiaohuaxing; 10-31-13 at 03:48 PM.
    10-31-13 03:19 PM
    Thankfully, I was smart enough not to waste my time withuseless download of a beta app, since it was obvious to me (and anyone that could think logically, rather then just hauling out the excuse de jour), that downloading a beta had absolutely NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with this problem.

All I can say is thank you BlackBerry, thank you CB for establishing the communications link, and thanks most to me. Thank god I was here.^^^

Posted via CB10
    bobauckland and kevinnugent like this.
    10-31-13 03:45 PM
    Thankfully, I was smart enough not to waste my time withuseless download of a beta app, since it was obvious to me (and anyone that could think logically, rather then just hauling out the excuse de jour), that downloading a beta had absolutely NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with this problem.

All I can say is thank you BlackBerry, thank you CB for establishing the communications link, and thanks most to me. Thank god I was here.^^^

Posted via CB10
    You are a gem. I rarely say things like this, but Glad I don't know you in real life. Of course you're from NYC.

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    10-31-13 03:48 PM
    You are a gem. I rarely say things like this, but Glad I don't know you in real life. Of course you're from NYC.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your insightful post. Goes with your last one. Hopefully someone reports that one, I can't seem to report from the cb app sadly.

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent likes this.
    10-31-13 04:16 PM
    Thanks for your insightful post. Goes with your last one. Hopefully someone reports that one, I can't seem to report from the cb app sadly.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it does go with the last one. you're pretty insightful too.

See how constructive this convo is? I'm out.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 04:48 PM
    There was no solution at all except for BB to deal with it on their end. No Beta app or whatever was going to fix those issues.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
    grover5 and Thesmartmale like this.
    10-31-13 07:38 PM
    I can't seem to report from the cb app sadly.

Might be a blessing in disguise, otherwise you might wear out the part of the screen where the "report" button is.
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    10-31-13 07:42 PM
    Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
    Well, I was going to let this thread die, content, once again, in my vindication.

But, since you continue to poke fun and won't let it drop, just for hoots, let's recount the last two BBM sanfu's where BJ was 100% right the entire time, and the multitude of BlackBerry-can-do-no-wrong defenders were shown to be, as usual, 100% wrong:

1.) BBM FAILED LAUNCH

BJ: Looks like BlackBerry is having a problem with the app and/or their servers.

The Blinded Masses: NO! NO! You don't understand! It's Google's fault! It's all the fake apps in the Play Store causing these problems! Stop blaming everything on BlackBerry!

BJ: No, that's not really logical. If BlackBerry could release the app, they would, because the fakes would die by natural selection.

The Blinded Masses: Stop blaming BlackBerry! It's Google's fault! If only they would control their store better, BlackBerry could have launced xBBM already! Curse you Google!

BlackBerry Official: We had a problem with the app and our servers. We're working on it.

BJ: 1 / Blinded Masses: 0

2.) BBM DELIVERY DELAYS TO X-PLATFORM

BJ: Looks like BlackBerry is having a problem with the x-platform BBM implementation.

The Blinded Masses: NO! NO! I don't see any problem. I downloaded the Channels Beta, and all is perfect.

BJ: No, that's not really logical. Looks like a server problem. Besides, non-BB users, who have no access to Channels Beta are having the problem. And some BlackBerry users who did download the Channels Beta are still having the problem. Looks like a problem with BB's servers.

The Blinded Masses: NO! The problem is YOU, BJ! All you do is complain! You don't even want a solution.

(Behind The Scenes: BJ works with BlackBerry directly to help them troubleshoot the problem.)

BlackBerry Official: The problem was on our end. We've made an adjustment, thanks in part to the help of BJ and his work to help us troubleshoot.

BJ: 2 / The Blinded Masses: 0

I wonder what I'll be right about next...

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent likes this.
    10-31-13 07:53 PM
    I wonder what I'll be right about next...

The time, twice per day. Yay you!
    10-31-13 08:19 PM
    By the way, Benjamin_NYC:

I truly appreciate that you provided info and logs to BlackBerry to help them troubleshoot the issues you were having. As I wrote in my post #356 in this thread, it is far more important to do what you can to help the vendor to track down an issue than it is to incessantly gripe about it in some random online forum.

If I had known that you were engaging in that dialogue with BlackBerry prior to the announcement by Victoria Berry here, I would have been slightly less critical of your caustic comments.
    10-31-13 08:23 PM
    Okay, I admit to setting up that account ... I wanted Benji to feel appreciated.
    Omnitech likes this.
    10-31-13 08:52 PM
    Okay, I admit to setting up that account ... I wanted Benji to feel appreciated.
    Lmao!

"If you can't soar with the eagles then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    10-31-13 09:52 PM
    I found this thread searching for others with this issue. I can chat with my ios and android peeps seamlessly. I have 2 bb contacts and service is spotty. It'll be fine one minute and then it'll just stop sending messages. Usually they'll all come at once 10+ min. Later. It's frustrating to say the least.
    10-31-13 10:19 PM
    I found this thread searching for others with this issue. I can chat with my ios and android peeps seamlessly. I have 2 bb contacts and service is spotty. It'll be fine one minute and then it'll just stop sending messages. Usually they'll all come at once 10+ min. Later. It's frustrating to say the least.
    Dis the issue crop up recently or Has been there for some time.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 10:54 PM
    For me it seems to have just started after the update. We were chatting just fine before then earlier this week he started saying his messages weren't going through.
    10-31-13 10:55 PM
    For me it seems to have just started after the update. We were chatting just fine before then earlier this week he started saying his messages weren't going through.
    In that case, it is best to contact BlackBerry. You could either tweet @bbm or get onto supportforums.blackberry.com

If there is anyone else who is facing this issue and managed to resolve their issues could provide a possible solution. Do provide your OS version and the BBM version app you are using.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 02:57 AM
    So are people still having issues?

I currently have 2 contacts (one iPhone, one android) who just have the grey checkmark beside them. It's been that way with the android user for about 3 hours.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 12:49 PM
560 ... 1415161718 ...