I wonder why are you using a BlackBerry product in that case.

Posted via CB10
    Then you can continue to wonder, as it is none of your business.
    10-30-13 12:36 PM
    "The idiom "red herring" is used to refer to something that misleads or detracts from the actual or otherwise important issue."

Telling me to upgrade to the Channels BBM, which is in fact NOT a solution to the problem, "DETRACTS FROM THE ACTUAL OR OTHERWISE IMPORTANT ISSUE." The issue is that there is a server issue at BlackBerry. Telling me to change my software to some unapproved beta DETRACTS from the actual issue.
    You are concluding that there is a problem with the server without even trying a solution that is working for a lot of people.
    I agree with the people who say they have tried and is not working but not with you who claims that BlackBerry software is crap and is using a complete OS built by them.

Posted via CB10
    drewread likes this.
    10-30-13 12:43 PM
    It's not the issue if people have upgraded to the beta and still have the issue. By definition.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 12:47 PM
    There are multiple reasons for an issue. It is not necessary that the issue affecting them is the same as what is affecting you.
    It could be anything related to apps installed on their device and incompatibility with the stock BBM / BBM Channels, network issues or server issues.
    Do not generalize that what is not working for others will not work for you. Do not conclude until you have tried it yourself, especially when the Channels has already gone multiple updates in the beta stage and is relatively easy to get.
    I would however not recommend that you install channels since you are not comfortable with betas, but concluding that issues are with the server would also not be correct.
    Just hold on as there are rumors that Channels will soon be out of beta and you could download a Release Candidate soon.

It's not the issue if people have upgraded to the beta and still have the issue. By definition.

Posted via CB10
    Danny Ocean likes this.
    10-30-13 01:01 PM
    It's funny, I posted earlier showing how some messages show as delivered but not read, then later ones show as read. Which shouldn't be possible.
    No one latched on that. I said I'm using BBM channels. No one latched on.

People keep telling other users if they're having problems, install beta software. Oh and they're stupid for wanting a messaging app to be reliable, when bbms only advantage is its supposed to be reliable.

Some of the posts in this thread show the uphill issues BlackBerry has in making bbm widespread, you have issues and come to the major BlackBerry fan site and have random people pushing betas and insulting you and trying to make out they're helping.

Anyway, here's more bbm channels on bb10 to android. To be clear, channels does not fix this issue, and bbmx as it is is not as reliable for me and others as whatsapp or others.

Reliability of BBM with iOS & Android Users Is Very Poor-img_20130312.png

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 03:46 PM
    It's funny, I posted earlier showing how some messages show as delivered but not read, then later ones show as read. Which shouldn't be possible.
    No one latched on that. I said I'm using BBM channels. No one latched on.

People keep telling other users if they're having problems, install beta software. Oh and they're stupid for wanting a messaging app to be reliable, when bbms only advantage is its supposed to be reliable.

Some of the posts in this thread show the uphill issues BlackBerry has in making bbm widespread, you have issues and come to the major BlackBerry fan site and have random people pushing betas and insulting you and trying to make out they're helping.

Anyway, here's more bbm channels on bb10 to android. To be clear, channels does not fix this issue, and bbmx as it is is not as reliable for me and others as whatsapp or others.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130312.png 
Views:	478 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	215764

Posted via CB10
    This!^^^ Thank you.
    10-30-13 04:11 PM
    @bob (too long to quote lol) That's exactly what happens to me!

"If you can't soar with the eagles then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    10-30-13 04:13 PM
    Pending invites are a bit wonky for me on Android.
    10-30-13 04:14 PM
    @bob (too long to quote lol) That's exactly what happens to me!
    No, there is nothing wrong with BBM. Stop making up problems. Bob clearly photoshopped his picture. I've been told this thread is just about me and my personal problems with BBM that only I have. So please stop spreading lies.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    10-30-13 04:16 PM
    Pending invites are a bit wonky for me on Android.
    Care to elaborate Tre?

10-30-13 04:19 PM
    No, there is nothing wrong with BBM. Stop making up problems. Bob clearly photoshopped his picture. I've been told this thread is just about me and my personal problems with BBM that only I have. So please stop spreading lies.
    I seriously think more people would be reporting issue if this thread was in another part of the forum. The General BBM chat doesn't get much visitors as other sections of the forum.

10-30-13 04:21 PM
    Care to elaborate Tre?

I generally cannot tell if an invite went through, as the pending counter doesn't update.

Some messages seen to be delayed in 1v1 chats.
    10-30-13 04:24 PM
    I seriously think more people would be reporting issue if this thread was in another part of the forum. The General BBM chat doesn't get much visitors as other sections of the forum.

True, but there are enough people here reporting problems to know that it's a big problem, and one that has NOTHING to do with my not having a beta software version. That suggestion is so preposterous, it just makes me laugh. What about the people on iOS that are having problems messaging iOS? How can they solve their problem with this magic solution, since they can't install a Channels Beta...
    10-30-13 04:24 PM
    The pending issue seemed to have been corrected with a cache clear.
    10-30-13 04:28 PM
    True, but there are enough people here reporting problems to know that it's a big problem, and one that has NOTHING to do with my not having a beta software version. That suggestion is so preposterous, it just makes me laugh. What about the people on iOS that are having problems messaging iOS? How can they solve their problem with this magic solution, since they can't install a Channels Beta...
    It was made abundantly clear that this was presented as having *anecdotally* helped some users experiencing a similar issue. I don't think it's "preposterous" to suggest it might be worth a try. Nobody claimed it was the ultimate solution. Also, nobody claimed you or anybody else isn't having any issues. You're imagining some adversarial situation with anyone who isn't sharing your experience. Relax, it was just a suggestion trying to help. No need to be such a **** to everyone.

Posted via CB10
    ital1, drewread, grover5 and 1 others like this.
    10-30-13 04:38 PM
    It was made abundantly clear that this was presented as having *anecdotally* helped some users experiencing a similar issue. I don't think it's "preposterous" to suggest it might be worth a try. Nobody claimed it was the ultimate solution. Also, nobody claimed you or anybody else isn't having any issues. You're imagining some adversarial situation with anyone who isn't sharing your experience. Relax, it was just a suggestion trying to help. No need to be such a **** to everyone.

Posted via CB10
    Just one example of many similar posts directed at me since I started this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...8/#post9447823
    10-30-13 04:42 PM
    10-30-13 04:46 PM
    You need a Google+ Identity to leave feedback on Play Store. I don't email developers because it defeats the purpose. Feed back that can help other users should be put in a public place - like appended to the description/change log, a blog post at BBM's official blog, etc.
    Riiiiiggghhht.. you are proving the point that some are here to complain rather than actually attempting to find a solution.

Thank you.

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    Omnitech likes this.
    10-30-13 04:49 PM
    I have a BlackBerry Q10. I've always had Blackberry. For the five years that I have invested in a device. BlackBerry is it. I've had my Q10 for a week and the device is phenomenal. I love my BBM. All of my friends are iOS7/Android users and they've said that BBM crashes often. I hope that they fix it with future updates.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 04:51 PM
    Riiiiiggghhht.. you are proving the point that some are here to complain rather than actually attempting to find a solution.

Thank you.

I've done more than anyone in this thread to help solve the problem, rather than installed stupid betas that have no bearing on the issue.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 04:52 PM

Thank you.

I have no idea what you're talking about...

I don't leave play store reviews, and this is why:

Good luck getting a response from [email protected]

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    10-30-13 04:53 PM
    Telling someone to install leak or unreleased software on their phone is like telling someone to side load apps or root their android device just to make a specific service work, when everything else works fine...

Stupid.

That's not a solution, that a sludgy work-around. As I said earlier, it will not fix the issues as it has been shown to exist going from Android -> Android, Android -> iOS, iOS -> iOS, and BB -> Android/iOS already. The issue isn't the apps, it's the service/servers. No amount of "leaked BB10 OSes" or "Beta Zone BBM apps" will fix that as it is not the issue to begin with.

That is, unless one is to state that all of their apps are buggy...

More threads popping up in the Android BBM forum etc. about these issues. Maybe they need a Beta Zone app? Or perhaps it's just their phones they need to have replaced???
    Actually if installing the BBM Channels Beta does resolve the issue... then it is by definition a solution. However, you will never know because you are unwilling to try it even though others suggest it will work....

10-30-13 04:55 PM
    I have no idea what you're talking about...

I don't leave play store reviews, and this is why:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/31/duzagezu.jpg

Good luck getting a response from [email protected]

A review is not contacting a developer to report an issue... that is leaving a review, which they may or may not read.

10-30-13 04:56 PM
    Actually if installing the BBM Channels Beta does resolve the issue... then it is by definition a solution. However, you will never know because you are unwilling to try it even though others suggest it will work....

Link to channels beta for Android?

Or continue embarrassing yourself because you obviously aren't following the thread...?

bobauckland likes this.
    10-30-13 04:56 PM
    A review is not contacting a developer to report an issue... that is leaving a review, which they may or may not read.

I covered the other part. And yes a review is. They can respond to them and trigger a notification email on Google play. Please educate yourself.

10-30-13 04:57 PM
560 ... 1112131415 ...