Global generally means it is effecting everyone or at least the VAST majority of users. This doesn't seem to be the case. So instead of freaking out on everyone that isn't having problems, maybe it would be more productive to mention what iOS versions or Android software iterations you are seeing these issues with, as well as if you are using stock BBM vs. BBM Channels from Beta Zone. With enough data trends start to become apparent. That's problem solving. Unless of course you just wanted to rant, in which case I apologize for the miscommunication.

Posted via CB10
    I have stock BBM 10.1. Others have stock BBM for Android and iOS (some have done the latest update, some not, problems on and off with all). Does this satisfy your red-herring of a question?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 08:33 AM
    Global generally means it is effecting everyone or at least the VAST majority of users. This doesn't seem to be the case. So instead of freaking out on everyone that isn't having problems, maybe it would be more productive to mention what iOS versions or Android software iterations you are seeing these issues with, as well as if you are using stock BBM vs. BBM Channels from Beta Zone. With enough data trends start to become apparent. That's problem solving. Unless of course you just wanted to rant, in which case I apologize for the miscommunication.

Posted via CB10
    Good. Better contribute than disaggregate. Show the problems so they can seek the answers.

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Z10
    10-30-13 08:37 AM
    This thread is starting to sound similar to people accusing the American carriers for the early rebooting issues on the Z10. They assumed that it wasn't a big issue because it wasn't affecting them. I experienced delays with messages being sent to my only contact (IOS) about 25% of the time. Sometimes a few minutes, other times a few hours. We were both just trying it out and have since deleted BBM. For us, there was no compelling reason to switch to it and add another messing app to what we already use.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-30-13 08:40 AM
    This thread is starting to sound similar to people accusing the American carriers for the early rebooting issues on the Z10. They assumed that it wasn't a big issue because it wasn't affecting them. I experienced delays with messages being sent to my only contact (IOS) about 25% of the time. Sometimes a few minutes, other times a few hours. We were both just trying it out and have since deleted BBM. For us, there was no compelling reason to switch to it and add another messing app to what we already use.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    EXACTLY. Now watch the fanboy-collective jump all over you.

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent likes this.
    10-30-13 08:46 AM
    Buy a bb10 device. My suggestion would be the z30! That's it problem solved.!!!!!

Posted from My all in one beauty Z10
    The only reason I tried BBM is cause it's free. I wouldn't pay for anything coming out of this company these days.

And this is off topic anyways.

The service would still be pretty bad because it doesn't seem like BB 10 and Android/iOS BBM run off the same servers.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    10-30-13 08:48 AM
    I have stock BBM 10.1. Others have stock BBM for Android and iOS (some have done the latest update, some not, problems on and off with all). Does this satisfy your red-herring of a question?

Posted via CB10
    Sort of. Have you tried downloading BBM from Beta Zone? It sounds like that has solved the problem for some others who have had issues.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=862832

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 08:50 AM
    No because I don't do betas and leaks and users that have this beta still report the problem. So it's not the solution. Next.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 09:05 AM
    No because I don't do betas and leaks and users that have this beta still report the problem. So it's not the solution. Next.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting. Any particular reason you're not interested in trying this solution? It's a very straightforward process, if that's your concern:
    1. Download the Beta Zone App from BBW
    2. Once signed in to Beta Zone with your BBID download the BBM shown as available.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 09:11 AM
    You mean contact BlackBerry? No, what's the best way? And do you really think some tech support desk person at BlackBerry is going to concede there is a problem rather than just telling me to restart my phone?

Posted via CB10
    Do their respective "app worlds" not have a way to contact the developer and provide meaningful feedback? If not then I think they are missing some basic functionality.

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    10-30-13 09:26 AM
    Sort of. Have you tried downloading BBM from Beta Zone? It sounds like that has solved the problem for some others who have had issues.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=862832

Posted via CB10
    Really? But I would think the problem was on the other end of people using BBM on another platform.

"If you can't soar with the eagles then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    10-30-13 09:49 AM
    Interesting. Any particular reason you're not interested in trying this solution? It's a very straightforward process, if that's your concern:
    1. Download the Beta Zone App from BBW
    2. Once signed in to Beta Zone with your BBID download the BBM shown as available.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry's software is garbage, even once officially released. I'd have to be out of my mind to trust my device to an unreleased version. I can't even trust what they do release.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 10:02 AM
    Really? But I would think the problem was on the other end of people using BBM on another platform.

Yeah I certainly can't speak to the actual cause. Just seems like anecdotally this may solve the issue.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 10:05 AM
    BlackBerry's software is garbage, even once officially released. I'd have to be out of my mind to trust my device to an unreleased version. I can't even trust what they do release.

Posted via CB10
    Ah, ok. Well thanks for clearing that up.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 10:06 AM
    I don't do leaks, betas or any of that garbage. BlackBerry has a hard enough time making official software work.

Posted via CB10
    I think the problem is you, my friend....
    10-30-13 10:19 AM
    I think the problem is you, my friend....
    Bingo. He doesn't want a solution. It's a public hissy fit.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 10:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nope. I want a solution with official-released software. That is not too much to ask. And this whole discussion of installing Channels BBM is the very definition of a red herring. People here are reporting the same issues as I have and they have Channels BBM. So it's not the solution.
    10-30-13 10:35 AM
    You can say it but there is no way to know if you are right. All the notifications tell you is which hop has failed, not why it has failed.
    I know the message got to the server.

I know it didn't get to the device because I can look at the other device and see it isn't there.

I can say for sure that the messages are being send, but not being dispatched by the server to the device/user it was intended for.

I'm not sure why you're trying to debate this.

Why their service is messing up is not what I was referring to. What is happening is, and what is happening is also pretty obvious.

So yes, I can - for sure - say that what I stated in that earlier post is what's happening.

1. The messeage is sent
    2. The message is not being dispatched by the service to the device/user it's intended for
    3. Therefore the message is not delivered to that handset
    4. Undelivered messages cannot be read, obviously
    5. It causes huge disruptions in conversations as message come in random order, upwards of several hours late
    6. The reliability of the underlying service (not the app, the service) is just not there due to the delivery issues.

This doesn't require a debate. It's plainly obvious.
    10-30-13 10:44 AM
    Nope. I want a solution with official-released software. That is not too much to ask. And this whole discussion of installing Channels BBM is the very definition of a red herring. People here are reporting the same issues as I have and they have Channels BBM. So it's not the solution.
    I can't help but chuckle a bit. Clearly you don't understand the idiom "red herring" yet you've thrown it out more in this thread than I think I've seen it used in the past decade. Attempting to provide a solution that others have reported worked for them is not an attempt to intentionally mislead you (which is what the term red herring means). Also, while it may not yet be an official software update, you can't actually say it's not a solution since you refuse to try it to find out. And if the only thing acceptable for you is an official software update to address your issue, then I think you're going to be dissapointed across the board with this user forum's ability to assist you in solving your problems.

Posted via CB10
    grover5, xiaohuaxing and drewread like this.
    10-30-13 10:48 AM
    Do their respective "app worlds" not have a way to contact the developer and provide meaningful feedback? If not then I think they are missing some basic functionality.

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    You need a Google+ Identity to leave feedback on Play Store. I don't email developers because it defeats the purpose. Feed back that can help other users should be put in a public place - like appended to the description/change log, a blog post at BBM's official blog, etc.
    10-30-13 10:49 AM
    Yeah I certainly can't speak to the actual cause. Just seems like anecdotally this may solve the issue.

Posted via CB10
    I'll try it either today or tomorrow and then report back. Hopefully it fixes it.

10-30-13 10:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    Telling someone to install leak or unreleased software on their phone is like telling someone to side load apps or root their android device just to make a specific service work, when everything else works fine...

Stupid.

That's not a solution, that a sludgy work-around. As I said earlier, it will not fix the issues as it has been shown to exist going from Android -> Android, Android -> iOS, iOS -> iOS, and BB -> Android/iOS already. The issue isn't the apps, it's the service/servers. No amount of "leaked BB10 OSes" or "Beta Zone BBM apps" will fix that as it is not the issue to begin with.

That is, unless one is to state that all of their apps are buggy...

More threads popping up in the Android BBM forum etc. about these issues. Maybe they need a Beta Zone app? Or perhaps it's just their phones they need to have replaced???
    Last edited by n8ter#AC; 10-30-13 at 11:06 AM.
    bobauckland likes this.
    10-30-13 10:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    I wonder why are you using a BlackBerry product in that case.

Posted via CB10
    xiaohuaxing, ital1 and drewread like this.
    10-30-13 11:35 AM
    Telling someone to install leak or unreleased software on their phone is like telling someone to side load apps or root their android device just to make a specific service work, when everything else works fine...

Stupid.
    Then why are you two even here? There's no official fix. There. Now you can go away.

Why did I waste my time replying to this? Stupid...

Posted via CB10
    grover5, adamlau, drewread and 1 others like this.
    10-30-13 11:42 AM

Stupid.

That's not a solution, that a sludgy work-around. As I said earlier, it will not fix the issues as it has been shown to exist going from Android -> Android, Android -> iOS, iOS -> iOS, and BB -> Android/iOS already. The issue isn't the apps, it's the service/servers. No amount of "leaked BB10 OSes" or "Beta Zone BBM apps" will fix that as it is not the issue to begin with.

That is, unless one is to state that all of their apps are buggy...

More threads popping up in the Android BBM forum etc. about these issues. Maybe they need a Beta Zone app? Or perhaps it's just their phones they need to have replaced???
    I haven't had any issues with numerous friends on Android and ios using BBM. I have read that the beta download of BBM has fixed the problem for some of the few that seem to have this issue. So it appears it was a solution for them. It seemed like an honest attempt to help. I actually don't care if BBM is working well for you. All you do on these forums is rail on BlackBerry anyway. Enjoy your S3 and your Google hangouts.

Posted via CB10
    xiaohuaxing and ital1 like this.
    10-30-13 11:43 AM
    I can't help but chuckle a bit. Clearly you don't understand the idiom "red herring" yet you've thrown it out more in this thread than I think I've seen it used in the past decade. Attempting to provide a solution that others have reported worked for them is not an attempt to intentionally mislead you (which is what the term red herring means). Also, while it may not yet be an official software update, you can't actually say it's not a solution since you refuse to try it to find out. And if the only thing acceptable for you is an official software update to address your issue, then I think you're going to be dissapointed across the board with this user forum's ability to assist you in solving your problems.

Posted via CB10
    "The idiom "red herring" is used to refer to something that misleads or detracts from the actual or otherwise important issue."

Telling me to upgrade to the Channels BBM, which is in fact NOT a solution to the problem, "DETRACTS FROM THE ACTUAL OR OTHERWISE IMPORTANT ISSUE." The issue is that there is a server issue at BlackBerry. Telling me to change my software to some unapproved beta DETRACTS from the actual issue.
    10-30-13 12:33 PM
560 ... 1011121314 ...