You can say it but there is no way to know if you are right. All the notifications tell you is which hop has failed, not why it has failed.
    10-29-13 08:14 PM
    In addition to my earlier post, I sent a BBM to a colleague on Android BBM and noticed that all I had was the check mark and no "D". When I followed up with him he confirmed that his battery died and he had not yet had the chance to connect to a charger; so here we have another circumstance where one might think that there is a network issue. I think we need to tailor our expectations based on how messaging is handled on the various platforms; I think this would make for a good Crackberry post and help with the misunderstanding.

Posted via my Z10
    drewread likes this.
    10-29-13 09:58 PM
    In addition to my earlier post, I sent a BBM to a colleague on Android BBM and noticed that all I had was the check mark and no "D". When I followed up with him he confirmed that his battery died and he had not yet had the chance to connect to a charger; so here we have another circumstance where one might think that there is a network issue. I think we need to tailor our expectations based on how messaging is handled on the various platforms; I think this would make for a good Crackberry post and help with the misunderstanding.

Posted via my Z10
    You're the one that seems to be misunderstanding. Lol. Smh. There is a huge delay in the messages. The phone being on. Other times,for me, they don't even get the message! With the phone being on. The app being open and running. NOT I'm the background. So there IS an issue. Maybe it's working fine for most. But still a LOT of us are having issues with it.

"If you can't soar with the eagles then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    10-29-13 10:03 PM
    I am going by what I have seen and personally tested, but I am not denying that you may be having an issue. I am glad you agree that not everyone is having an issue.

Posted via my Z10
    drewread likes this.
    10-29-13 10:11 PM
    Thanks for contributing. How do you feel that this adds to the discussion?
    Ouch!!!!

"If you can't soar with the eagles then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    10-29-13 10:15 PM

Posted via my Z10
    Give me a friggin break. Your explanation of of the endless list of reported problems of delivery is that some people may have dead phones. You've gotta be kidding me...
    10-29-13 11:29 PM
    The issue isn't with an app at all. The issue is with the service. I don't use BB10 and I don't know anyone that uses BB10. I haven't even seen a Z10 or Q10 outside of a carrier store.

The issue isn't the app, it's the service.

Messages get sent, they do not get dispatched from the servers to the recipients' devices. THAT is the issue.

What you're talking about is a completely different issue that that other poster is not referring to.

It has nothing to do with the Android/iOS app, as the issue persists even between two Android or iOS handsets (or Android and iOS). It's not the app at all, cause the App actually sends the message. The App cannot control when the service/servers dispatch the message to the person for which it is intended, however. That's a service issue.

Android to Android:

Attachment 215411

How does the BB10 app have anything, at all, to do with this?

Please note the delivery pattern. The Check Mark means SENT (At Server). D means DELIVERED (on Device). R means READ (Message thread has been opened on the device after delivery). This BS about Apple devices is all wrong. The check means the server has the message and it has not been yet delivered to the device.

In what foreign planet does the service completely skip a message delivery and that's working as intended? If the user read the second message, it makes no sense that the first message wasn't at least DELIVERED to his device. Something is completely off about the drivel people are spewing in this thread. It makes literally no sense whatsoever.

That person replied 5 minutes after those messages were sent and only 2/5 of them were actually delivered to his device (despite the fact that he opened up the message thread and actually replied to me in the midst of all this), rendering the context of what he received absolutely NIL. You cannot have conversations with this kind of bugginess.
    I really don't understand how people are jusr glossing over this. It's a huge deal and makes the app unreliable for usage.
    How many people experience the same thing on whatsapp? 2/5 messages get through, the rest never make it, for no reason?
    It's a complete joke.
    Here's my addition. How the frick can messages be delivered and not read and then a later message be read? How is that even possible?
    Real world usage is showing this app to be unreliable, it won't make money or be the number one choice if it doesn't deliver frigging messages.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 215585
    Attached Thumbnails Reliability of BBM with iOS & Android Users Is Very Poor-img_20130311.png  
    10-30-13 02:44 AM
    Give me a friggin break. Your explanation of of the endless list of reported problems of delivery is that some people may have dead phones. You've gotta be kidding me...
    No, what I am trying to do is understand how the app functions under certain circumstances. How you came to that conclusion is beyond me.

Posted via my Z10
    10-30-13 05:35 AM
    No, what I am trying to do is understand how the app functions under certain circumstances. How you came to that conclusion is beyond me.

Posted via my Z10
    Quite obviously if a phone is dead and off, messages won't be delivered. Why post that in this thread. It's an obvious, but meaningless, red herring. What's your point?
    10-30-13 07:10 AM
    I really don't understand how people are jusr glossing over this. It's a huge deal and makes the app unreliable for usage.
    How many people experience the same thing on whatsapp? 2/5 messages get through, the rest never make it, for no reason?
    It's a complete joke.
    Here's my addition. How the frick can messages be delivered and not read and then a later message be read? How is that even possible?
    Real world usage is showing this app to be unreliable, it won't make money or be the number one choice if it doesn't deliver frigging messages.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 215585
    Most of those posting here refuting our problems or adding their own 2 cents about how "everything is great" are just fanboys trying to distract from what is obviously a big problem with xBBM. And you know what,? It's not getting better...
    kevinnugent likes this.
    10-30-13 07:13 AM
    Most of those posting here refuting our problems or adding their own 2 cents about how "everything is great" are just fanboys trying to distract from what is obviously a big problem with xBBM. And you know what,? It's not getting better...
    Great. You're not a fan. What's your problem (problems) with xBBM?

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Z10
    10-30-13 07:23 AM
    Huge fan. Massive BBM fan, in fact. Just want it to work and won't ignore the problems.

Posted via CB10
    diogoteixeira87 likes this.
    10-30-13 07:27 AM
    So anyone who doesn't have your experience is a fan boy? I think you're too emotional about this.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    10-30-13 07:28 AM
    Quite obviously if a phone is dead and off, messages won't be delivered. Why post that in this thread. It's an obvious, but meaningless, red herring. What's your point?
    My point is quite simple, investigation and process of elimination; anyway, I hope whatever issues there are get resolved.

Posted via my Z10
    10-30-13 07:30 AM
    I disagree. My android experience (s4) has been almost perfect. In fact it's almost too quick to get a response Very cool starting some groups up and watching them grow.
    10-30-13 07:39 AM
    Huge fan. Massive BBM fan, in fact. Just want it to work and won't ignore the problems.

Posted via CB10
    I have been silently following this thread, and so far I see three or four of you that are having this issue and mentioning it here.

Have any of you taken the time to contact the developer with regards to this issue, or are you just hoping that posting here in an fan forum will see it somehow resolved?

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    10-30-13 07:45 AM
    You mean contact BlackBerry? No, what's the best way? And do you really think some tech support desk person at BlackBerry is going to concede there is a problem rather than just telling me to restart my phone?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 07:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly the same here. Huge fan. Already invited 5 ios and android users and the experience is great so far. Hope to see more coming soon. I agree with you that still have some problems and things to improve, but i see this more as upgrades. Like a bigger file size because 6mb is ridiculous. And a better way to find and add friend (ios and android users). The suggestions that we have on bb10 works great for me.

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Z10
    10-30-13 07:48 AM
    I don't see making it work as upgrades. I see that as (missing) basic functionality.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 07:58 AM
    The point of posting either corroborating or contrasting experiences is to help to isolate the root of the problem if possible, not to "distract" from a problem. It's obvious this isn't a "global" issue, so there must be contributing factors. Settle down champ.

Posted via CB10
    ital1 and drewread like this.
    10-30-13 08:11 AM
    It is quite obvious there is a global issue. While it may not effect anyone, it's widespread enough to be termed "global". 100%. To deny such is to feed ostrich-like behavior of putting head in sand.

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent likes this.
    10-30-13 08:14 AM
    It is quite obvious there is a global issue. While it may not effect anyone, it's widespread enough to be termed "global". 100%. To deny such is to feed ostrich-like behavior of putting head in sand.

Posted via CB10
    Global generally means it is effecting everyone or at least the VAST majority of users. This doesn't seem to be the case. So instead of freaking out on everyone that isn't having problems, maybe it would be more productive to mention what iOS versions or Android software iterations you are seeing these issues with, as well as if you are using stock BBM vs. BBM Channels from Beta Zone. With enough data trends start to become apparent. That's problem solving. Unless of course you just wanted to rant, in which case I apologize for the miscommunication.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 08:23 AM
    Buy a bb10 device. My suggestion would be the z30! That's it problem solved.!!!!!

Posted from My all in one beauty Z10
    drewread likes this.
    10-30-13 08:30 AM
    I have a BB10 device. What a useless post.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 08:32 AM
    Your friends

Posted from My all in one beauty Z10
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    10-30-13 08:33 AM
560 ... 910111213 ...