What version? I dunno. How do I tell?

Posted via CB10
    Is it the stock BBM or BBM Channels?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 09:00 PM
    I don't do leaks, betas or any of that garbage. BlackBerry has a hard enough time making official software work.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 09:23 PM
    I don't do leaks, betas or any of that garbage. BlackBerry has a hard enough time making official software work.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm. Your choice. All I can say is it is working perfectly with Cross Platform. So my input is it is working better than the stock. Although, I am assuming that BlackBerry would be coming out with an update to resolve this issue soon

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 09:47 PM
    Hmm. Your choice. All I can say is it is working perfectly with Cross Platform. So my input is it is working better than the stock. Although, I am assuming that BlackBerry would be coming out with an update to resolve this issue soon

Posted via CB10
    In using the beta BBM channels version and everything is normal with my ios and android friends.

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Z10
    10-27-13 10:31 PM
    In using the beta BBM channels version and everything is normal with my ios and android friends.

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Z10
    Exactly what I said. Beta Channels users have no issues but not all messages sent from stock BBM get sent. A bug that needs to be ironed out by updating the BBM App on #BlackBerry10. The issues don't lie with the iOS or Android Apps but the BlackBerry10 app itself.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 10:37 PM
    Honestly, I'd be surprised if the problem is with the BB10 BBM app. Seems a lot more logical that the problem is with BlackBerry's servers (overloaded, whatever).

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 10:49 PM
    Honestly, I'd be surprised if the problem is with the BB10 BBM app. Seems a lot more logical that the problem is with BlackBerry's servers (overloaded, whatever).

Posted via CB10
    Nope. Is not. I faced the same issue as long as I was running the stock BBM app. As soon as I upgraded to the Channels, the problem disappeared.
    I tweeted this and Alex Kinsella favourited it.
    Another missing link that may strengthen this claim is that during the botched launch in September, the iOS and Android apps had issues with the beta channels app. Hence, there is surely some difference in the infrastructure used by the stock BBM app and the beta Channels.
    During this launch, they must have updated the iOS and Android apps to work with the Channels (since that is the future of BBM) and may have lost some reliability with the older stock BBM app.
    Anyone who is facing this issue, upgrade to beta Channels (if you do not have issues running beta software) and report back if the issue persists.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 11:55 PM
    I've had these issues with long delays and ticks only to iphone and android users.
    And I'm running BBM channels.
    I don't think that's the problem.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 02:56 AM
    I dunno - everything has been working just fine with all of my devices (z10, 5s & S4) I've been sending and receiving messages to & from Blackberries & iPhones from my iPhone & Z10 with zero reliability issues. All messages were delivered, read & responded to without any regard to which device I was sending from. The only issue I had was I had to create new BBID's for each device because unlike iMessage I cannot use the same BBID on a different device but since it would be the same situation if I tried to use multiple Blackberries at the same time I shouldn't have been surprised.
    10-28-13 03:00 AM
    I'll wait to see if more people with the Channels BBM have issues before considering a beta version (with White Theme - UGH!)

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 06:29 AM
    I am pretty sure that was the only issue for me. I reinstalled the stock BBM and the issues came back. Hence, atleast in my case the issues were solely because of the stock BBM app.
    There are a few more reasons why your messages could be delayed to Android and iOS users.
    • Androids are required to have the always connected BBM icon in their notification drop down menu that has irked some of the Android users and some of them have turned it off under the options available in the BBM app. This creates issues with the delivery of messages to the app. It is explained in this post. BBM has an annoying persistent notification — but you might not want to turn it off | Android Central
    • On numerous ocassions, my messages to iOS users are delayed on both WhatsApp and BBM if they keep the app closed. I assume that is issue is an issue with the OS rather than the apps as both try and implement push and such behaviour should not be expected.

There could be other issues as well that I am not aware of.

I've had these issues with long delays and ticks only to iphone and android users.
    And I'm running BBM channels.
    I don't think that's the problem.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    10-28-13 07:06 AM
    The dark theme was the only thing that kept me from upgrading to BBM Channels beta. But since most of my contacts use Androids or iOS, it was worth the upgrade rather than just stare at the dark theme and admire it.

I'll wait to see if more people with the Channels BBM have issues before considering a beta version (with White Theme - UGH!)

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 07:08 AM
    But that doesn't solve the issues for some, so I don't think it's the solution.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 07:24 AM
    I will add that the only issues I have now are to iOS devices. Android delivery is 100% immediate.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 07:29 AM
    Huuum. Mine has been lightning fast with any platform, with zero issue what so ever (especially quick with iOS). I'm thinking one of you had a weak data signal or your not being truthful

CB10'n it.....via my Z
    10-28-13 07:29 AM
    The one thing that I've always loved the most about BBM was its rock solid reliability. If I sent a message, it was delivered. Within seconds. 100% of the time. If the person was around the corner or around the world. I send, and BAM, it's delivered. Never a glitch.

In fact, the once thing I hate most about Whatsapp is its unreliability. I always get the single check, but the second check comes immediately, or hours later, or two days later, or never. It's just not reliable like BBM.

So this reliability was what I was looking forward to on xBBM. To finally have that back with my contacts. Reliability. The most important thing.

Well, sad to say, it is not there. Reliability of delivery with iOS users and Android users is poor. I'd say about on par with WhatsApp.

Yesterday, in the middle of a lively back and forth with an Android thread, the conversation just ceased for 5 hours. Nothing I sent was delivered. No, he didn't get on a plane. Reliability to just stopped. Then at 7pm, they were all delivered en masse.

Today, same with an iOS user. Lively conversation just stops as my BBM's just stopped getting delivered for 45 minutes. Then they were all delivered.

This is p*ss poor. This is not what BBM is about. BBM is (was?) about reliability.

I am hoping that this is temporary and related to this being new, but if there are, at MOST, 10 million new iOS/Android users, and it can't be reliable, how will it ever be reliable with 100 million?

Sad to see...
    The "D" we can see between BlackBerry and BlackBerry, especially BB10 devices, is telling us the message is actually delivered.

I can't speak of Android devices because I don't have one for testing. For iPhones, since iPhones are not multitasking, if the BBM app is not open and running, the message that is actually delivered still shows a Check instead of "D" until the user of the iPhone fires up the BBM app. I have tried testing this many times. As soon as I hit "send", the notification pops up on an iPhone without delay. This is a main difference between BlackBerry to BlackBerry Vs BlackBerry to iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    10-28-13 07:39 AM
    I have no doubt that BBM has been installed by millions, but I would love to see how they came up with 45 million. It only hit 10 million on Android a day or two ago

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    If people like bbm, the growth will be exponential, not linear.

Why? One person gets it. Tells two friends. They each tell two friends, etc.

Growth can be crazy if ppl adopt it and really love it.

Posted via CB10
    diogoteixeira87 likes this.
    10-28-13 07:46 AM
    The "D" we can see between BlackBerry and BlackBerry, especially BB10 devices, is telling us the message is actually delivered.

I can't speak of Android devices because I don't have one for testing.
    Actually, on Android, the "D" really means "Delivered" because the app runs in background.
    10-28-13 07:53 AM
    Actually, on Android, the "D" really means "Delivered" because the app runs in background.
    Until someone doesn't turn off the always connected

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 08:34 AM
    Until someone doesn't turn off the always connected

Posted via CB10
    The notification prevents the app from being killed by the system to free RAM but if you have a device with a lot of free RAM, it doesn't seem to be a problem (at least on my S4 with 4.3 but on my S3 I have some trouble if I don't let the notification)
    10-28-13 08:46 AM
    The notification prevents the app from being killed by the system to free RAM but if you have a device with a lot of free RAM, it doesn't seem to be a problem (at least on my S4 with 4.3 but on my S3 I have some trouble if I don't let the notification)
    It's just that some people think it is affecting their OCD and want a clean screen.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 09:39 AM
    OCD ?
    English is not my native language, sorry.
    10-28-13 09:56 AM
    OCD = Trouble obsessionnel-compulsif

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 11:07 AM
    I think what people fail to understand is that, just cos you're not experiencing a problem, right at this exact moment, doesn't mean others aren't having problems.

Sad to see so many posts saying ' I messaged my buddy once, it went fine, so all of you saying you had a problem with one out of100 contacts must be lying'

Posted via CB10
    I think what people fail to understand is that, just cos you're experiencing a problem, right at this exact moment, doesn't mean others are having problems.

See what I did there?

Posted via CB10
    BCLoco and drewread like this.
    10-28-13 11:17 AM
    So the issue with iPhone is that the app can't run with the background and BBM's only get delivered when the app is open?

That doesn't make sense to me, because emails, texts, iMessages and Facebook notifications gets "delivered" if I'm not in those apps. So BBM's should be able to be "delivered" as well, even if one isn't in BBM. Seems like that's when it should show "D" to me as the sender. Then it should show "R" when they open the app AND read the message.

Sounds like the problem is the way BBM is defining "delivered" to iOS devices?

This would explain why Android is near 100% reliable now, because apps run in the background, whereas iPhone is less reliable.

I think this is a problem with Whatsapp on iPhone as well.

Still, if it goes to the phone (irrespective of whether the app is open), iPhone uses should get a popup notification (or whatever they call it), and I should get a D. Problem is, I'm not getting D's.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 11:18 AM
560 ... 56789 ...