What you're writing makes absolutely no sense...

You're blaming a platform for issues caused by BBRY's own buggy app. You do realize that iMessage and Hangouts works fine, right? We don't need this, hence why we uninstalled it and moved on.

It has nothing to do with the efficiency of our platform, but the reliability of this service... which is way off the mark compared to what we were using before we tried it...

I have had 0 issues with Messages being delivered/marked read by Facebook Messenger and Hangouts. BBM was a lesson in frustration compared to these services.

And I really couldn't care less how good it is on BB10. That's not what this thread is about.
    Right. If you had no issues with this apps, I guarantee BBM will give you no reason to complain about it too. I only used WhatsApp for a period and i deleted after a lot of things I didn't like on the app. Not saying that Whatsapp is terrible. No! it's effective, but not so efficient. And after years using BBM, people like me can be really rigorous with any IM app.

Plus, your comparison is unfair. How could you compare BBM with these apps if it's available in cross platform not even for a week? I must say BBRY, as you said, did and still doing a terrific job on BBMx. It's a tough transition. It may seems easy, bit it's not.

Finally, I never refered bb10 experience. I just said that BlackBerry is about productivity and this is true. Sometimes I receive emails in my z10 before my PC, dude. How fast is this thing?!? BlackBerry excels in some areas and BBM takes advantage Of it. The D's and R's is addictive and we, BBM users, know about it. And we also know that it works as it should be.

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Z10
    10-27-13 04:13 PM
    Right. If you had no issues with this apps, I guarantee BBM will give you no reason to complain about it too. I only used WhatsApp for a period and i deleted after a lot of things I didn't like on the app. Not saying that Whatsapp is terrible. No! it's effective, but not so efficient. And after years using BBM, people like me can be really rigorous with any IM app.

Plus, your comparison is unfair. How could you compare BBM with these apps if it's available in cross platform not even for a week? I must say BBRY, as you said, did and still doing a terrific job on BBMx. It's a tough transition. It may seems easy, bit it's not.

Finally, I never refered bb10 experience. I just said that BlackBerry is about productivity and this is true. Sometimes I receive emails in my z10 before my PC, dude. How fast is this thing?!? BlackBerry excels in some areas and BBM takes advantage Of it. The D's and R's is addictive and we, BBM users, know about it. And we also know that it works as it should be.

D and R is not addictive. It's just one feature that has been stolen by everyone else at this point. No the app does not work correctly, these threads display that fact easily.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    10-27-13 04:17 PM
    You seem to be confused. N4BB is reporting 45 million installs in less than a week, which would make BBM a serious contender by anyone's standards. And most have no problems at all. Lose the negativism and just accept the fact that soon BBM will be the dominant messaging app, as it should be.

Posted via CB10
    I have no doubt that BBM has been installed by millions, but I would love to see how they came up with 45 million. It only hit 10 million on Android a day or two ago

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-27-13 04:24 PM
    I have no doubt that BBM has been installed by millions, but I would love to see how they came up with 45 million. It only hit 10 million on Android a day or two ago

The 10.000.000+ tag was yesterday, late in the night.
    10-27-13 04:26 PM
    D and R is not addictive. It's just one feature that has been stolen by everyone else at this point. No the app does not work correctly, these threads display that fact easily.

Not everyone has D's and R's. And, at least for me, BBM is working with no problem. I added iPhone and Android users and the app is perfect.

The only thing I think BlackBerry have to improve is the size of files that can be attached to the messages. I hope they're bringing it in the next updates.

10-27-13 05:23 PM

Yes, but it hit 10 million downloads in the first 24h. So, the number could be much bigger than that. I don't believe in 45 million, but 20 seems pretty reasonable. At the end of the year, I think this number can be something around 50 million new users.

10-27-13 05:26 PM
    Not everyone has D's and R's. And, at least for me, BBM is working with no problem. I added iPhone and Android users and the app is perfect.

The only thing I think BlackBerry have to improve is the size of files that can be attached to the messages. I hope they're bringing it in the next updates.

Well for me I know when all my messages are read, and it'd over-rated anyways... Sorry, but I have options.

Keep believing the app is perfect, when you aren't even using the same app. I'm don't having circular arguments with you people.

10-27-13 05:28 PM
    Well for me I know when all my messages are read, and it'd over-rated anyways... Sorry, but I have options.

Keep believing the app is perfect, when you aren't even using the same app. I'm don't having circular arguments with you people.

Sorry, dude. I didn't say the app is perfect. Of course it can and it will be improved from now on. Video and audio calls will make it even better. I just don't know all the IM apps out there. I had WhatsApp, but i deleted. I have Facebook, so I can still chat with others. I don't nothing about line, we chat, hangouts and all this new players. But, compared with the one I know (WhatsApp), I think BBM is ahead.

10-27-13 05:36 PM
    I added iPhone and Android users and the app is perfect.
    I'm done with you. And BBM lacks many features in whatsapp.

10-27-13 05:38 PM
    I'm done with you. And BBM lacks many features in whatsapp.
    Actually, it depends of which version of BBM you are talking about.
    BBM on BB10 is way ahead of Whatsapp (except for the users part lol) with a lot more functionalities that are working great.
    But BBM on iOS/Android is so poor that it can't even compete with whatsapp which has more functionalities and is at least as reliable.

But I think there is better alternative on Android/iOS than whatsapp.
    10-27-13 05:50 PM
    It was really slow at first, like I could message a joke to a friend in class and he's looking at his phone but won't start laughing til 5 minutes later because he only received it then.

Multi person chats were slow. It took forever to get invited

Groups were slow if i posted a message you can tell when someone got the message because they would respond at different times ios. First then android second

But after a few days it's settled in and it's quite fast, like instant. Except for my friends who rely on wifi because they turn data off. The true bbm exprience

Posted via CB10
    diogoteixeira87 likes this.
    10-27-13 05:52 PM
    Actually, it depends of which version of BBM you are talking about.
    BBM on BB10 is way ahead of Whatsapp (except for the users part lol) with a lot more functionalities that are working great.
    But BBM on iOS/Android is so poor that it can't even compete with whatsapp which has more functionalities and is at least as reliable.

But I think there is better alternative on Android/iOS than whatsapp.
    I still think that within months BBM will be the best option for all devices. We're talking about a "new" app with a massive initial adoption. Give it some time.

10-27-13 06:06 PM
    I still think that within months BBM will be the best option for all devices. We're talking about a "new" app with a massive initial adoption. Give it some time.
    It will not be that easy for Blackberry.

First problem, IMO, is that Blackberry seems to move very slowly and competitors will keep getting better. It can be a matter of years more than a matter of month.

Second problem is that not all competitors are "simplistics" as Whatsapp is.
    A good example, for me, is ChatON which does almost everything BBM for BB10 does. It has reveived/read notifications, voice/video chat, group chat, pop-up notifications, file sharing without compression, calendar, contact or position sharing, chanel-like system (with individual and professional chanels), screen sharing (and you can see, control and write on the screen), ... and there is things that it does better than BBM (file size limit is much higher, it's much more multi-plateform, highly customizable, multiple connection at the same time on different devices, ...)

BBM can clearly be the best in my opinion. If Blackberry can push all the functionnalities of the BB10's version right now on all plateforms (and not just iOS/Android/BB) , it will be no compitition for BBM.
    But it will probably take age to do that and world won't stop moving.

I don't knpw if my english is good enough to make my opinion understandable ?
    10-27-13 06:30 PM
    Sometimes mine does not even deliver pics!!!!!! WTF
    10-27-13 06:57 PM
    Some of the posts in this thread are laughable. Anytime someone posts that they are having reliability issues, a bunch of fanboys pop on to say, "all is well for me!" and then put their heads back in the sand. It would be funny were it not so sad.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 06:59 PM
    It will not be that easy for Blackberry.

First problem, IMO, is that Blackberry seems to move very slowly and competitors will keep getting better. It can be a matter of years more than a matter of month.

Second problem is that not all competitors are "simplistics" as Whatsapp is.
    A good example, for me, is ChatON which does almost everything BBM for BB10 does. It has reveived/read notifications, voice/video chat, group chat, pop-up notifications, file sharing without compression, calendar, contact or position sharing, chanel-like system (with individual and professional chanels), screen sharing (and you can see, control and write on the screen), ... and there is things that it does better than BBM (file size limit is much higher, it's much more multi-plateform, highly customizable, multiple connection at the same time on different devices, ...)

BBM can clearly be the best in my opinion. If Blackberry can push all the functionnalities of the BB10's version right now on all plateforms (and not just iOS/Android/BB) , it will be no compitition for BBM.
    But it will probably take age to do that and world won't stop moving.

I don't knpw if my english is good enough to make my opinion understandable ?
    Don't worry dude. Your English is fine. I agree with you. It won't be easy. Anyway, here is what I think: I don't think competition is so far for BBM now. Ok, they entered on cross platform market before and this makes difference. But, I don't think these apps makers have so much cash to continue evolving their apps so much faster than BBM will. Plus, BBM has a great structure provided by BlackBerry. If we talk about apple, Samsung and Microsoft, ok. It's tough to BlackBerry compete with then in this moment. But, talking about Whatsapp, line and we chat, I don't think so.

I agree that BlackBerry took a lot of bad decisions last years. And this is true. Maybe this thread wouldn't exist if their decisions were better.

Finally, there is something that makes difference in my opinion: BBM is famous! It's an old app that millions of people used for many years. We can see the app still strong. I don't know if it will keep this pace, but tell me one app with 10 M downloads in 24h.

10-27-13 07:21 PM
    Many of my messages do not get delivered and just keep the box with the check next to the message. This happens so much I wind up mostly retyping the same things I already tried to send instead of moving on with the conversation.

Now with the latest update, responding from the notification center or by clicking a banner to reply, once I get in the app, the new message ins't there and I have to remember wtf I am trying to respond to instead of being able to look at it again within the threaded conversation. Only by clicking the BBM app icon to enter the app to view the message keeps the message there. This is a major PITA if you click the message and don't respond to it right away.

iOS 7.0.3 on an iPhone 5S.
    outoftheice likes this.
    10-27-13 07:45 PM
    I only added 2 new contacts so far, because there's no point in getting everyone to dl it on day one when the chances of bugs are way higher. I'm going to wait a month to start pushing it.

Regarding the two I added though, one is iPhone4s with ios7 and the other is an iPhone4 iOS6 that he chose not to update.

The iOS7 phone has zero issues but half my messages to the iOS6 phone are not getting delivered. Sometimes it makes it hours later, but my latest messages have sat there since yesterday so we've reverted to texting for now. It almost seems like it only works if he has the app open, and nothing gets delivered until he opens the app again. I haven't tested that theory. I don't think I've seen this mentioned so far, the success rate versus the operating system version. I'm on official 10.1 on a Z10.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 07:45 PM
    From 35 to 58 contacts in no time... most of them are Android users... have had no issues with the D's and R's... pretty instantaneous... love the BBM even more...

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    10-27-13 07:49 PM
    Don't worry dude. Your English is fine. I agree with you. It won't be easy. Anyway, here is what I think: I don't think competition is so far for BBM now. Ok, they entered on cross platform market before and this makes difference. But, I don't think these apps makers have so much cash to continue evolving their apps so much faster than BBM will. Plus, BBM has a great structure provided by BlackBerry. If we talk about apple, Samsung and Microsoft, ok. It's tough to BlackBerry compete with then in this moment. But, talking about Whatsapp, line and we chat, I don't think so.
    I think that you may be right about that. Maybe it's hard to monetize an IM enough to move fast on the market.

But Facebook (Facebook Messenger), Google (Hangout), Apple (iMessage) or Samsung (ChatON) don't face that kind of problems.
    ChatON moves really fast (it's on the market since only 2 years and this is already a powerfull solution) and Facebook is getting really good right now. I don't think these 2 will slow down honestly.

Finally, there is something that makes difference in my opinion: BBM is famous! It's an old app that millions of people used for many years. We can see the app still strong. I don't know if it will keep this pace, but tell me one app with 10 M downloads in 24h.
    Downloads doesn't say that people keep the app. All my friends have already uninstalled BBM except one. Maybe they will come back if the app gets better but I don't think that's a good advertising for BBM.
    10-27-13 08:04 PM
    100% of my bbm contacts are ios or android users and I have not suffered this issue. Just added 4 more contacts last night and they were amazed. These were former text only contacts and now they only use bbm to communicate with me.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 08:10 PM
    I think that you may be right about that. Maybe it's hard to monetize an IM enough to move fast on the market.

But Facebook (Facebook Messenger), Google (Hangout), Apple (iMessage) or Samsung (ChatON) don't face that kind of problems.
    ChatON moves really fast (it's on the market since only 2 years and this is already a powerfull solution) and Facebook is getting really good right now. I don't think these 2 will slow down honestly.

Downloads doesn't say that people keep the app. All my friends have already uninstalled BBM except one. Maybe they will come back if the app gets better but I don't think that's a good advertising for BBM.
    Yeah! This line up stuff really was not well accepted. I can't blame no one for complain about a line up, lol... those are all great competitors for bbm. Let's see who wins this fight, but at the end what really matters is stay connected. I already added 3 great friends that i have to BBM this week and they are really enjoying the app. This is important!

10-27-13 08:19 PM
    No delivery to iOS devices for the past 90 minutes...

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent likes this.
    10-27-13 08:45 PM
    No delivery to iOS devices for the past 90 minutes...

Posted via CB10
    Benjamin,
    Just curious. What version of BBM are you using.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 08:48 PM
    What version? I dunno. How do I tell?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 08:50 PM
560 ... 45678 ...