I'm using bbm in BlackBerry phone and there are times that it is send delay or arrived in mass but I still find it reliable. I always thought that it might be my mobile internet or wifi at home but if it is on BlackBerry's end I would still find it acceptable as it works most of the time. Nothing is truly 100% reliable even your emails, your messengers, or any cloud service out there but they are in acceptable range of reliability.

BBM as cross platform is also new so might take sometime to get it perfect.

Posted via amazing Q10
    10-26-13 06:30 AM
    That why phone call is invented so you can communicate direct. Non priority messages can be conveyed with sms or IM. IMs are mostly chats so most likely informal and not urgent. Business relies on emails but even then nothing works without confirming calls and meeting.
    So if you need to get your message across, make a call. Dial.

Jakarta, Indonesia
    tim_w_ak likes this.
    10-26-13 07:22 AM
    I'm having real problems with Android and iOS users receiving my messages.

All I get is the checkmark but no D or R. I hope they fix this soon, because it's really not indicative of how great BBM really is.
    10-26-13 09:50 PM
    I'm having real problems with Android and iOS users receiving my messages.

All I get is the checkmark but no D or R. I hope they fix this soon, because it's really not indicative of how great BBM really is.
    Install BBM Channels from the beta zone dude. Have already posted the solution to your problem.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 10:14 PM
    I am also experiencing this problem and it is driving me nuts!! After bullying the majority of my friends to download BBM over the last few days, my contact list on my z10 has gone from 4 to 38 however tonight I was messaging 7 of my contacts and started getting frustrated. 3 or the 7 were getting messages as per usual however 4 of the 7 (a mid between Android and iOS users) still have messages sitting there with the checkmark. No 'd' and no 'r' after 5+ hours. I even tried sending a ping to all 4 users and it won't go through. I started chatting with 2 of the 4 over Facebook messager and sms and both opened BBM on their phones bit still haven't received my messages!! Please BlackBerry fix this problem because I just look like an a** to my friends for making them download this app and even I'm now considering re-installing What'sApp On my z10 just so I can message people with a better rate of reliability! Not cool at all!!!
    10-27-13 01:31 AM
    BlackBerry users are never signed out of BBM. What happens when android or iphone users signs out? How do their contacts look on the BBM contact list? Available or greyed out?
    10-27-13 01:39 AM
    I just wanted to add to my previous post as I noticed something else. Of the 4 contacts who I can't message, all 4 of them were also contacts whose profile pictures took over 12 hours to show up on my phone. Of those 4 contacts, 3 of the 4 no longer have profile pictures displaying even though I highly doubt that they have deleted or changed their profile pictures in the 2 days since they've had BBM. Is this perhaps a sign that there are problems with the BBM server their id's are associated with?? I'm not techy enough to hazard a guess but it seems like there are wide ranging issues with certain contacts and things work perfectly with others which to me suggests a problem on BlackBerry's end and not the BBM user's....
    10-27-13 01:46 AM
    All six iOS BBM contacts (family) I have been chat testing with have been extremely responsive. No issues at all. D and R all day long.
    10-27-13 03:29 AM
    BlackBerry is about productivity. You can't blame iPhone and Android users for not be that efficient.

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Z10
    10-27-13 08:00 AM
    Were you chatting with a BlackBerry user. If so, what version of BBM was he using.

Posted via CB10
    Android -> Android

I haven't seen a Blackberry user in years other than one or two here and there in a Train Station or on an Airplane.
    10-27-13 08:34 AM
    BlackBerry is about productivity. You can't blame iPhone and Android users for not be that efficient.

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Z10
    What you're writing makes absolutely no sense...

You're blaming a platform for issues caused by BBRY's own buggy app. You do realize that iMessage and Hangouts works fine, right? We don't need this, hence why we uninstalled it and moved on.

It has nothing to do with the efficiency of our platform, but the reliability of this service... which is way off the mark compared to what we were using before we tried it...

I have had 0 issues with Messages being delivered/marked read by Facebook Messenger and Hangouts. BBM was a lesson in frustration compared to these services.

And I really couldn't care less how good it is on BB10. That's not what this thread is about.
    10-27-13 08:38 AM
    This is likely the answer.

?10
    10-27-13 10:03 AM
    I have about a dozen people on ios and DROID devices, no glitches at all.

?10
    10-27-13 10:05 AM
    The check mark is not a delay in getting the message it is a setting on the xplatform device. My son has a Note 3 which had exactly that issue. He got the messages. He changed a notfication setting on his Note and every message has a D now.

I have not had any issues with my BBM messages being delivered to all sorts of devices world wide. This has been my experince so far, no slow down in BBM at all. The same can be said for my daugther who has a Q5 and her BBM list is growing daily with no issues communicating with Android and iPhone users. In fact some of her school mates are going to buy a BB as their next phone. They love BBM and had no idea about it before. This is a significant change for the better.
    10-27-13 10:54 AM
    BlackBerry users are never signed out of BBM. What happens when android or iphone users signs out? How do their contacts look on the BBM contact list? Available or greyed out?
    Haven't seen it yet, but most likely the same thing occurs that happens when a BlackBerry phone is off.

No 'D' for delivered... and in groups you get a red circle with a slash through it if they aren't on and receiving...

That'sbthe beauty of bbm. You see when a message is delivered and when it is read.

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    10-27-13 11:20 AM
    Reliability of sending to iOS has gotten even worse in the past 24 hours. Android is pretty solid, but BBM's are seldom delivered to iOS devices right away. Delays range from a few minutes to a few hours.

This is very poor. What's going on BlackBerry???

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 12:14 PM
    So tell em to get a bb10 device

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 12:15 PM
    I have the exact same issues as OP with ALL of my cross platform bbm contacts. With my BlackBerry BBM contacts, I've had no issues at all. I'm trying to be patient but it can get really annoying to have an important message that no amount of copy and pasting can get through. Eventually I just get fed up and switch to texting and it works, but I'd rather be able to reliably consolidate, especially after I bugged all my friends to get BBM.

Posted via CB10
    outoftheice likes this.
    10-27-13 12:20 PM
    The "just tell them to get a BlackBerry" is a useless, unhelpful and vapid answer.

Posted via CB10
    raysgrumpy and PFman like this.
    10-27-13 12:24 PM
    Also, like the poster above, friends have given up and gone back to Whatsapp'ing me.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 12:24 PM
    You seem to be confused. N4BB is reporting 45 million installs in less than a week, which would make BBM a serious contender by anyone's standards. And most have no problems at all. Lose the negativism and just accept the fact that soon BBM will be the dominant messaging app, as it should be.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 01:45 PM
    I have been messaging both iOS and Android users with no issues whatsoever from my Z10. Of the cross platform users that I have added and asked for feedback, all had positive replies.

Posted via my Z10
    10-27-13 01:48 PM
    Also, like the poster above, friends have given up and gone back to Whatsapp'ing me.

Posted via CB10
    Never mind, they'll be back. Whatsapp sucks

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 01:49 PM
    BBM can have 100s of millions of installs and it won't make a difference until they show how they will monetize it.
    Until then there's no guarantee it will go on.
    No one smart will make BBM the only option on their phone until they're certain it will go on.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 02:33 PM
    Where is Mr. "Glass is half empty"

BBMx is rolling out perfectly...keep up the great work BlackBerry.

Thanks to them I can now chat to my Apple and Android friends with the best IM on the planet.

Posted from my gorgeous Z30
    10-27-13 04:00 PM
560 ... 34567 ...