You never have anything good to say about BlackBerry. I view this story with extreme skepticism.
    You worked that out from your extensive 6 day membership tenure here? Well done. I view someone who posts 60 odd 95 and counting cheerleader messages in 6 days extremely skeptically. Seems we're even.
    10-23-13 11:03 PM
    Well the unfortunate truth is BlackBerry does not have the resources to roll it out at full capacity without some hiccups. As people hop on in droves and add contacts that's a lot of traffic. It will smooth out.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    10-24-13 03:29 AM
    That's weird... everyone that has replied this thread seems to not have any problem with bbm ever prior to BBM4ALL. over here in Indonesia, everyone knows the bbm service stuffs up once in a while.. if not because of bbm or because of our telcos and their poor signal and service. this has been happening since before BB10 was out and now between BB10s or BB10 & BBOS, or BB with Android or iOS, etc everything is like normal (stuffs up and delays now and then)..

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 03:36 AM
    That's weird... everyone that has replied this thread seems to not have any problem with bbm ever prior to BBM4ALL. over here in Indonesia, everyone knows the bbm service stuffs up once in a while.. if not because of bbm or because of our telcos and their poor signal and service. this has been happening since before BB10 was out and now between BB10s or BB10 & BBOS, or BB with Android or iOS, etc everything is like normal (stuffs up and delays now and then)..

Posted via CB10
    That's very weird. I have never had a single problem with BBM until xBBM. Maybe it's the .id telcos? I was in Indonesia this summer, using a local SIM (I forgot the carrier, but the logo was red, and it was a big company), and the service was PERFECT though, BBM and all data. In fact, the data was better than here at home in NYC sometimes! This was on Bali.
    10-24-13 06:34 AM
    Off topic, but sometimes my accounts are delayed up to 15 minutes. Sometimes they are instant. That's Gmail and Yahoo. My EAS account is instant.
    Probably not push support on those accounts?

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    10-24-13 06:38 AM
    Probably not push support on those accounts?

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    One is Gmail for my corporate email (we pay), and the other is Yahoo Plus (or whatever they call it - I pay). Both have push support. Unless I'm wrong and BB doesn't support Push on Yahoo and Gmail, which I guess wouldn't be a surprise, considering BlackBerry's dismal failure in making BB10 a functioning work device.

But I think they're Push. It's just poorly executed.
    10-24-13 07:00 AM
    I don't know...hmmm. I'm having really no problems at all (except some wee glitches when adding contacts) ... I have been always an Uber heavy BBM user, & the past 24+ hrs have been pretty busy adding & chatting with 40+ android & apple friends coming into the BBM fold again. These are peeps from.all over the world...most continents. Jointly, we are all pretty dang impressed!! Maybe your probs are just you?...you do seem to complain a lot.
    Love how negativity seems to attract the most attention, it's works fine for me and calling delays a reliability issue is irresponsible and misleading� a better word might be dependability � but then again, there are other factors at play here too!
    10-24-13 07:39 AM
    Ok, xBBM is not dependable. Happy?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 07:41 AM
    One is Gmail for my corporate email (we pay), and the other is Yahoo Plus (or whatever they call it - I pay). Both have push support. Unless I'm wrong and BB doesn't support Push on Yahoo and Gmail, which I guess wouldn't be a surprise, considering BlackBerry's dismal failure in making BB10 a functioning work device.

But I think they're Push. It's just poorly executed.
    From what I've read if you're paying for Google push does work. Don't know about yahoo but seems many have push with paid or plus accounts from them too.
    10-24-13 07:46 AM
    It has to be due to their inferior devices, probably constantly dropping off the network. That's why a BlackBerry device is by far the best, but for now I'm just happy my android and ios contacts are on board.
    Seriously dude? Thank god BB�s success does�t ride on your opinion. BB is blowing it with BBM, people obviously want it. They could have found a way to make this work, maybe even monetise it some how. I saw a lot of trouble installing it, i eventually deleted it and canceled my PIN. Too much drama and I communicate fine with everyone I know.
    10-24-13 07:52 AM
    And what about all the other people in this thread claiming similar issues?
    Omfg...you are just a whiner I think.
    10-24-13 09:15 AM
    I wonder about the infrastructure for the cross platform BBM stuff. I use BBM on my Z10 with my family (who also has BlackBerrys) and we've not had a single issue this week. Nor do I recall any major issues with BBM on BlackBerry this week being reported on here.

Which likely means all the iOS and Android users are likely on separate infrastructure for this.

So perhaps it's just something about that infrastructure that's having issues with the initial rollout and large load?

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    10-24-13 12:18 PM
    I disagree with the OP's assertion; I have colleagues running BBM on both Android and iOS devices. We sat next to each other and engaged in BBM conversations and the "D" and "R" notifications were updating real time as per usual; I was looking at their screens and saw the notifications update, and they were looking at mine, and I am using a Z10.
    10-24-13 12:24 PM
    It should all settle down and send messages normally within a week
    10-24-13 12:41 PM
    I love my Z10 on 10.2. But very disappointed with the problems with BBM on iPhone 4. I could receive BBM messages, but just got an X when sending.

Also, the "reply now" feature defaulted to bbm so the message was never sent. So I have to remove the bbm contact.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 12:48 PM
    It should all settle down and send messages normally within a week
    I'm sorry but - you're just talking out your http://animal-science.com/animalpic/donkey-15.jpg
    10-24-13 12:54 PM
    I have only really noticed this issue tonight. BBMing my friend on Android and some of my messages are taking an age to get delivered and arriving in clusters. Have been BBMing friends cross platform for most of the day without any real annoyances till tonight
    10-24-13 03:20 PM
    I think what people fail to understand is that, just cos you're not experiencing a problem, right at this exact moment, doesn't mean others aren't having problems.

Sad to see so many posts saying ' I messaged my buddy once, it went fine, so all of you saying you had a problem with one out of100 contacts must be lying'

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 05:00 PM
    The latest update on Android seems to have solved the problems. All my messages are going through to the Android users since they updated their app.
    Is anyone experiencing the same.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 11:52 PM
    There are updates already for Android (and iOS)?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 11:54 PM
    There are updates already for Android (and iOS)?

Posted via CB10
    Apple has got one update to resolve the 7.0.3 issue and another one is in the works already to iron out any remaining bugs cropping up from the iOS 7.0.3 update.

Android got an update a few hours back and this seems to have improved the experience.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 12:19 AM
    Come on Porky, fess up. Which BlackBerry-critic-playing-superfan-for-a-laugh are you?
    10-25-13 01:41 AM
    I think connection to server and delivery of messages have been much better the past couple days. Has anyone been feeling this? Sometimes my messages took 1-2 min before showing it was delivered
    10-25-13 05:56 AM
    S3 working flawlessly here, chatting with my buddy with my iP5 instant delivery! This must be device specific...
    10-25-13 06:02 AM
    I think connection to server and delivery of messages have been much better the past couple days. Has anyone been feeling this? Sometimes my messages took 1-2 min before showing it was delivered
    I agree reliability is improving. Started my first xBBM Group yesterday with all three platforms, and it's working well.
    hadi17 likes this.
    10-25-13 07:51 AM
560 12345 ...