I ask what is it you have agaist BlackBerry or bbm that you don't like to use it... its FREE and there are no advertisments so why?
    Because it had like a 20% failure rate to deliver messages to the recipient Android-to-Android, and I used it with two phones in my hands and observed the issues. Many times the messages took anywhere from 15 minutes to 9 hours to deliver...

The issues weren't with the Phone Model, Android OS, or the BBM client on the phone. The messages sent just fine. They just never arrived at their destination.

There are other FREE products with NO ADVERTISEMENTS that work reliably (and in the case of Android-to-Android messaging (same with iPhone users), don't even require a third party install or account creation). That's what the issue is. No one said BBM was a BAD PRODUCT. What I and some others have said is that it is yet proven itself to be reliable.

When you tell someone to install something and it doesn't work properly or reliably, their immediate response is "Why can't we just use [SMS/MMS, Hangouts, Facebook Messenger]? Why do I need this if I already have something on my phone that worked when we used it before???"
    12-08-13 04:39 PM
    Ok just to be sure, are u saying u just exiting out the app, or are u also removing it from the background?

Is that bbm connected icon on by default. I can't see people turning it off

When I get a chance again I will also attempt this for myself and see if they still get messages delivered

Posted via CB10
    I remove it from the background, it's on by default but people tend to turn them off.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 05:24 PM
    With the BBM update 1.0.5.134 for iOS, the "D" delivery issue seems to have been solved. As long as BBM is either active, or in the background, and you're using iOS7 with background app refresh selected - the sender will be properly notified that the message was delivered.
    Well Done.
    Last edited by W1F8TQ; 12-09-13 at 01:28 PM.
    Omnitech likes this.
    12-09-13 01:16 PM
    My friend on BB & I are still having the same issues. Sometimes I get 3 msg from him at one time but he sent them all several minutes apart. Yesterday he would go into google hangouts just to ask if I got his bbm. :-/

I also notice my notification icon count is off. It'll say I have like 4 msg when I only have 1. Geesh...
    12-10-13 05:47 AM
    If Blackberry is wondering why growth of adoption stagnated - it's because they botched the whole thing.

They had SO much hype that even my android die hard friends, were intrigued and downloaded it - even going so far as to tell people why BBM was better than Whatsapp.

It didn't have the full BBM features that we BB users get to enjoy - it will eventually come in updates, fair enough. But the single most central feature of a messaging platform ie. sending and receiving messages, was sub-par. In the end, all my friends stopped using it and removed it from their phones.

Even now, in August 2014, as I use BBM with my single android friend - it makes me cringe when after I send the message, there's a long delay to getting the delivery D. It's not instant enough, and for something that was touted as being the best cross-platform messaging service, it was pathetic.

Even WeChat for BB10, although not fully functional in the way it is on android, handled instant messing perfectly when it was released.

The only reason why I even bother to use BBM with my friend is because I'm trying to support #teamblackberry

They had so much hype riding on the release last year and they didn't capitalize on it - what a shame.

I hope the Passport is released without any keyboard issues and that 10.3 will be good enough (makes me wonder why we aren't getting anything till 10.3.1 but the passport gets 10.3) because they got a lot of hype going - there's momentum, let's not let the momentum die out.
    08-28-14 02:52 PM
    The biggest missed opportunity was that had bbm been rolled out within the threshold timeframe that users have before they "give up" on the experience, giving the actual bb experience to cross platform users instead this bugging experience, they might have been able to generate positive momentum for their devices/bb10.

All it needed was people to see how much better of an experience bbm was to competing platforms and that wouldve been enough to get people curious about the "new blackberry" - instead what happened? People ended up uninstalling the app.

Even motorola and HTC are making successful comebacks...

#9900 #BeBold #ToolbeltRocks
    08-28-14 03:07 PM
    I'm noticing the same delay/lag with WP users as well. Little better with iOS, but still not immediate.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 03:37 AM
    I'm telling u that they have the app open in the background lol...I tested this myself. Like you said, it works perfectly if they have the app open. At worst messages go delivered a few seconds after I sent them but once I closed the app, NOTHING lol. I don't know how it is on IOS. I thought I read somewhere that they still get s notification but I know Android gets nothing to let them know they have a message waiting

Posted via CB10
    This is true. Same thing happens to a friend of mine with BBM on Android. If he doesn't leave it open he gets no notification. Could it be that BBM for Android is not headless?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 02:51 PM
    My friends use the app, they never had a problem like the one you described, did you ask your friend if his BBM connected icon is ON?!

Posted via CB10
    I may be wrong, don't have an android but I've been basically told that if the little icon appears on top it means BBM is running in the background. Some Android users don't like that so the close the app, the icon disappears but they can no longer get notifications. Sounds to me like BBM for Android is not a headless app.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 02:54 PM
    This is true. Same thing happens to a friend of mine with BBM on Android. If he doesn't leave it open he gets no notification. Could it be that BBM for Android is not headless?

Posted via CB10
    Lol you're replying to posts that are like 9 months old but to answer your question, I honestly have no idea. BBM has been working really good for me when talking about cross platform messaging. I haven't had the issues I mentioned earlier in this thread in awhile honestly

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 03:10 AM
560 ... 212223