The red clock is like the D in normal chat, if the contact is out of service, phone off, their phone hasn't received the message yet, and the red clock appears. Seemingly on ios anyway if they close bbm, they don't get the message so you won't get the D, and the clock will appear. Until they open bbm. Ios bbm behaviour is somewhat confusing, but this is the way it has been on BlackBerry bbm

Posted Via CB10 - Q10SQN100-1/10.2.0.1791
    Wrong.

Posted via CB10
    irweezyy likes this.
    11-01-13 07:26 AM
    Wrong.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, from my experience he is right. Whenever I check one of my groups, I moderate several for work, and I notice that a member has the red clock next to their name it has always meant that they are unreachable. I will call the contact on their BlackBerry and it will go straight to voice mail, usually because their battery died or their phone is off for other reasons. If I call them on their personal phone and ask what is wrong with their BlackBerry work phone, they always reply that it's in the truck, must have no battery. As soon as they plug it in and turn it on (yes, I stay on the phone with them while they do this) the red clock goes away.

So again, in my experience he's right.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 07:36 AM
    The red clock has been there since forever in groups next to the contacts name, It's not a bug, what I did notice is that if I decide to show my PM to group members in the settings and change my BBM PM then they all get a red clock next to their name until they actually get my PM update in the group and can see my PM or something like that.

P.S : they are not in my BBM contacts list but only member in the same group as me.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 07:36 AM
    Show me in HELP where it says what the red clock means IN A GROUP PARTICIPANTS LIST, and then we'll talk.

Posted via CB10
    Also, why are you so angry?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 07:42 AM
    Nice of Ben nyc to add to this forum, before bbm turned xbbm I only got the red clock if that person also was not reachable either no service or not on. 100% of the time. Now I get it when my pm also doesn't get the D, only the check

11-01-13 07:43 AM
    To clarify that, it works the same now on xbbm, but checks and red clocks are far more common

11-01-13 07:46 AM
    Actually, from my experience he is right. Whenever I check one of my groups, I moderate several for work, and I notice that a member has the red clock next to their name it has always meant that they are unreachable. I will call the contact on their BlackBerry and it will go straight to voice mail, usually because their battery died or their phone is off for other reasons. If I call them on their personal phone and ask what is wrong with their BlackBerry work phone, they always reply that it's in the truck, must have no battery. As soon as they plug it in and turn it on (yes, I stay on the phone with them while they do this) the red clock goes away.

So again, in my experience he's right.

Posted via CB10
    This may be how it's supposed to work, but since xBBM release, most of my contacts in Groups have a red clock next to their name most of the time, even while they may be BBM'ing me at the same time individually.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 07:48 AM
    OK. NYC.

I Guess the help that I click from my BBM group. That has listing of icons is only for BBM not BBM group. I get ya. Then BlackBerry should clarify.

My issues may be a little different. But my group worked fine for a couple days. Chatting in group,no red clock.

Now since yesterday red clock next to each name in group, no response to chats. In BBM group only. BBM chat with these same people works fine.

Oh well...i guess i will stop pushing BBM to my friends and family for a while.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 08:01 AM
    Group Chat actually works fine for me! Just don't know why some names have a red clock next to them at random times, which seems to mean nothing.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 08:25 AM
    Group Chat actually works fine for me! Just don't know why some names have a red clock next to them at random times, which seems to mean nothing.

Posted via CB10
    Heres an idea, tweet BlackBerry and bbm and ask them.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 10:37 AM
    Heres an idea, tweet BlackBerry and bbm and ask them.

Posted via CB10
    I know it's just a bug. When I contact them, BlackBerry listens, so I don't want to bother them with something that I simply know is a bug. I'll save my interactions with them for what's important to ME.
    11-01-13 11:03 AM
36 12