Hey, these two questions are so simple, I'm embarrassed to ask.

1) Me and my wife are going to Vegas and New York for 2 weeks and are leaving our kids here with various relatives (mainly my parents). We want to be able to talk to them (obviously) and maybe video them if possible. My parents are not tech gurus, and I don't want to bring a laptop or tablet anyway (we travel light). We also have bare bones data and mobile plans.
    So, my wife's great idea is to leave her Z10 here for my parents, and we take my Q5, and just use BBM in the hotel over Wifi. I'm not that "into" mobile package talk, so forgive the dumb question, but if I turn my mobile network and data off, there's no way I end up using data or roaming by mistake doing that is there?

2) What are the chances shared hotel Wifi is going to be up to doing at least voice on BBM? Video?

Bonus question: My iPhone loving sister will also be here much of the time, and she has BBM on there and uses it with me sometimes. She has voice on there. Do they have video yet? If so, how do I tell her to update?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 12:59 PM
    If you turn off data, you won't be charged for using it. BBM voice and video will work on wifi. And iPhone only has BBM voice as of now.
    08-09-14 01:02 PM
    Thanks!

So does anyone know if a shared large Wifi network is likely to be strong/fast enough for good BBM video? My kids do video chat woth relatives a lot (on Skype, Wii U, etc) so I know this would suit them just fine.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 01:06 PM
    Thanks!

So does anyone know if a shared large Wifi network is likely to be strong/fast enough for good BBM video? My kids do video chat woth relatives a lot (on Skype, Wii U, etc) so I know this would suit them just fine.

Posted via CB10
    Any decent WiFi network should be good for BBM video.
    08-09-14 02:18 PM