I believe BlackBerry is waiting for Windows Phone 8.1 which should have a better notifications and messaging support. Right now messaging apps are taking way too long to wake up from their minimized mode. Also I hate how, in the sms application, I receive a notification that can only disappear when you tap on it...just to reload the screen that you are viewing... utterly stupid.

With 8.1 the OS will be quite complete and BBM is one of the fews things that would have made the difference. I guess we'll have to wait and see but if Microsoft hold their promise, WP 8.1 should really be on par with BB10 in terms of native features
    03-03-14 11:44 AM
    I believe BlackBerry is waiting for Windows Phone 8.1 which should have a better notifications and messaging support. Right now messaging apps are taking way too long to wake up from their minimized mode. Also I hate how, in the sms application, I receive a notification that can only disappear when you tap on it...just to reload the screen that you are viewing... utterly stupid.

With 8.1 the OS will be quite complete and BBM is one of the fews things that would have made the difference. I guess we'll have to wait and see but if Microsoft hold their promise, WP 8.1 should really be on par with BB10 in terms of native features
    Very true. I think 8.1 will be amazing. I'm gonna keep watching it and see how it does before buying an icon. I just hate the windows marketplace. It's the worst of any os available. It's so cluttered and crappy. If they come out with more apps and fix the store I would buy. And I think BBM will do fairly well on windows.

Posted via my beautiful Z10
    03-03-14 11:48 AM
    Yes it's a good idea. People buying wp weren't going to buy a bb for bbm only. BBM4ALL needs to be for all or it's a fail.
    03-03-14 11:49 AM
    Very true. I think 8.1 will be amazing. I'm gonna keep watching it and see how it does before buying an icon. I just hate the windows marketplace. It's the worst of any os available. It's so cluttered and crappy. If they come out with more apps and fix the store I would buy. And I think BBM will do fairly well on windows.

Sorry I have a win8.1 tablet and bb's store is worse.
    03-03-14 11:51 AM
    You mean like map apps and city guides all cranked out but one company? First look in the windows store and I saw most of the "wanted" apps. Bbry store, some.

I'm not a big app person but they all have a ton of crap in their stores. I actually ordered a Z30 yesterday but it sure wasn't because I need a lot of or even the most popular apps.
    I don't need apps. I'm saying the stores layout and the apps they have

03-03-14 01:57 PM
    I don't need apps. I'm saying the stores layout and the apps they have

I think they are similar.
    03-03-14 02:07 PM
    Sorry and what language is that.
    I was just going to ask this same question

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 02:12 PM
    The key for BBM is to minimize any excuses to justify needing another messaging app/protocol. As long as it is not available to all your contacts, then there is justifiable reason for an alternative... like whatsapp or worse, sms.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 02:15 PM