I have a classic and have used BBM forever on it. When I heard last year I can pay $2.50 and get BBMe on iOS/Android/etc I thought that would be great since it says it supports 5 devices. How nice it would be to see the same messages on my Android phone if I don't have my classic nearby. But when I downloaded the paid BBMe from google play, and went to sign-in using my BB ID, it says that I will be signed out on all other devices. Why? How is that 5 devices? I'm trying to add my Android, which would be 2 of 5, but why must it sign me out of my classic? Obviously I clicked Exit as I don't want to risk being logged out of my classic, but can anyone shed any insight into this and confirm if you can have 5 devices where 1 of the 5 is a BB OS device?
    01-12-20 01:22 PM
    I have a classic and have used BBM forever on it. When I heard last year I can pay $2.50 and get BBMe on iOS/Android/etc I thought that would be great since it says it supports 5 devices. How nice it would be to see the same messages on my Android phone if I don't have my classic nearby. But when I downloaded the paid BBMe from google play, and went to sign-in using my BB ID, it says that I will be signed out on all other devices. Why? How is that 5 devices? I'm trying to add my Android, which would be 2 of 5, but why must it sign me out of my classic? Obviously I clicked Exit as I don't want to risk being logged out of my classic, but can anyone shed any insight into this and confirm if you can have 5 devices where 1 of the 5 is a BB OS device?
    Yes you can. But you will have to use the same credentials as used on the BB10 device.

There are limitations to the "5-user" setup as you will discover, and the BB10 device will only have a limited BBMe experience.
    01-12-20 01:41 PM
    Yes you can. But you will have to use the same credentials as used on the BB10 device.

There are limitations to the "5-user" setup as you will discover, and the BB10 device will only have a limited BBMe experience.
    Thanks Conite. I was using the same ID, I only have one anyways. So in that case why did it say i'd be logged out of other devices if I was using my classic id and it wasnt near 5 limit?
    01-12-20 01:51 PM
    Thanks Conite. I was using the same ID, I only have one anyways. So in that case why did it say i'd be logged out of other devices if I was using my classic id and it wasnt near 5 limit?
    One is set up as primary.

You should be able to log back in with your Classic.
    01-12-20 02:02 PM
    Obviously I clicked Exit as I don't want to risk being logged out of my classic, but can anyone shed any insight into this and confirm if you can have 5 devices where 1 of the 5 is a BB OS device?
    You can have up to five devices with BBMe running simultaneously; but you see, the problem with the Classic is that's it's still running BBM (non-enterprise). Whenever you sign into BBMe on another device you will be kicked out of the Classic, and vise-versa. The only way to overcome this obstacle is to sign up for the full version of BBMe - which requires you to contact a BlackBerry representative, and costs about $40.
    01-13-20 12:26 AM