I'm running the latest version of BBM for BB10, and it seems that almost every time I send a BBM Message to my IOS using friends there is an issue in the delivery of messages. The issue is that they don't receive a message until they open their own BBM app (or it is seriously delayed in being received), and I don't get a delivery 'D' on my end either. This is very frustrating, and I have returned to using WhatsApp with my IOS friends as it works consistently and doesn't have the above mentioned issues. Please solve this problem with the next release; it's more important than adding stickers !

I realise this has probably been mentioned before, but hopefully more people bringing these issues up and detailing their experiences will get things fixed!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 05:31 AM
    This is a known issue with ios.

The issue is basically because ios does not run things in the background.

That's the best way to explain it without getting too technical. Apple is entirely at fault for this one

Posted via CB10
    pystha and MaxR_A like this.
    03-27-14 06:13 AM

That's the best way to explain it without getting too technical. Apple is entirely at fault for this one

Posted via CB10
    How does WhatsApp get around this ? Did Apple do them a favour and not BlackBerry ?

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 01:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    On iOS 7 there's a setting to allow apps to run background that needs to be enabled.

How does WhatsApp get around this ? Did Apple do them a favour and not BlackBerry ?

Posted via CB10
    This one I'm not sure about. When installing SayIt for BB10 it asks to be allowed to run in the background, perhaps WhatsApp does the same. Of course WhatsApp users will need to weigh in as I'm merely guessing.
    03-27-14 01:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's pointless trying to blame apple when whatsapp works and bbm doesn't. On installing bbm any action required to make it work properly needs to be taken, either automatically or by prompting the user.
    03-27-14 01:39 PM
    There are some critical settings that need to be set when installing BBM on iOS, I don't know why they aren't set by the BBM installer or at the very least have a dialogue box popup telling people about them, but I enumerated the settings here (pertains to iOS 6, I don't have an iOS 7 device to test on yet):

http://forums.crackberry.com/bbm-ios.../#post10173038
    MaxR_A likes this.
    03-27-14 03:15 PM
    Here's a BlackBerry knowledge-base article that might have some bearing on this issue:

KB35805 - BBM messages fail to send if the display name in BBM for Android and iPhone contains an emoticon or backslash (BlackBerry KnowledgeBase)
    04-11-14 03:56 PM