Price to subscribe for BBMe:5usd (4€)

Price to register for Viber/WhatsApp/Telegram: Free.
    Free= PAY with your most sensitive private data like phone number, phone carrier name, home adress, full name, and various other data to be saved on servers of this 3rd party ADD based apps that also make you watch ADDs.
    Ofcourse, you can do workarround this problem, cheat and get 'virtual number' to register, but its pain in the gut, action you must take, then you don't have your real number in that app, you basically Lie about your number etc etc...

This is another reason why I rather chose BBMe, for the subscription price of 1 starbucks coffe, it's such a nice threat to register completely anonymous with PIN completely avoiding giving your PRIVACY.
    Not to mention that for parents with Kids, its WAY MORE secure to connect our kids with anyone via PIN, thats another HUGE security treat of BBMe.

This is one more feature I like about BBMe, and why, without any doubt, I chose this awesome BBMe app over other apps for communicating.
    Rico4you likes this.
    01-15-20 05:09 PM

Free= PAY with your most sensitive private data like phone number, phone carrier name, home adress, full name, and various other data to be saved on servers of this 3rd party ADD based apps that also make you watch ADDs.
    Ofcourse, you can do workarround this problem, cheat and get 'virtual number' to register, but its pain in the gut, action you must take, then you don't have your real number in that app, you basically Lie about your number etc etc...

This is another reason why I rather chose BBMe, for the subscription price of 1 starbucks coffe, it's such a nice threat to register completely anonymous with PIN completely avoiding giving your PRIVACY.
    Not to mention that for parents with Kids, its WAY MORE secure to connect our kids with anyone via PIN, thats another HUGE security treat of BBMe.

This is one more feature I like about BBMe, and why, without any doubt, I chose this awesome BBMe app over other apps for communicating.
    I personally prefer as you say "easy" register and log in with a secured PIN. With no need to go elsewhere for anything else.

Now the point with Family is critical...great point. I can connect to my family / kids without any phone numbers associated! Also think at a company how convenient it is as don't have to share my "personal number"..as a lot companies..BYOD... just give my PIN.
    01-15-20 05:19 PM

Protecting children in this way is an excellent feature that I hadn't thought of before. Excellent point.
    Rico4you likes this.
    01-15-20 05:39 PM
    Are we seriously doing this again?

Getting a virtual number takes only a few minutes. And you only need it for 1 minute.

Plus, you can hide your phone number from all of your contacts.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-15-20 05:41 PM
    Protecting children in this way is an excellent feature that I hadn't thought of before. Excellent point.
    Thanks Sigewif!
    01-15-20 05:45 PM
    Are we seriously doing this again?

Getting a virtual number takes only minutes. And you only need it for 1 minute.
    I don't want to get fake number and LIE.
    If it suits you, go ahead!
    Also, enjoy watching adds in Viber and those apps.
    01-15-20 05:46 PM
    How is this a lie? No one cares who you are. The messaging app just wants to confirm you're not a bot.

Most messaging apps don't have ads. You can just use an ad-blocker if you choose to use one that does. Download Blokada or NetGuard - which you should be using anyway, even if you don't use IMs.
    01-15-20 05:47 PM
    What’s the big deal if you don’t want to give your real number? It’s not lying as you own the virtual number. I have other phone number just for privacy like selling on eBay and Craigslist for instance.

Regardless, the number is real and belongs to you and through many services is just as untraceable as pin.

Going back to your idea, what else can be offered besides security? If not replacing different messenger, the kids are just going to download Snapchat and Instagram since there friends are there.

Security’s important but perhaps in a tracking sort of way. Kids nowadays use Life360 sometimes through school for instance. The kids loved BBM when texting cost money.
    01-15-20 05:53 PM
    I said it in another thread: there are people who don't care of privacy and security. They are satisfied with a social credit system like in China. It is impossible to convince them.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    01-16-20 01:40 AM
    How is this a lie? No one cares who you are. The messaging app just wants to confirm you're not a bot.

Most messaging apps don't have ads. You can just use an ad-blocker if you choose to use one that does. Download Blokada or NetGuard - which you should be using anyway, even if you don't use IMs.
    With you its always going 'arround' problem, use aditional programs and apps that weigh in on system, I do not want to cheat, lie, get fake numbers, install add blockers just because it says viber/whats/telegram are 'free' to register.
    They are NOT free. They come with huge private data giving price, ads and workarrounds.
    Thats why I rather pay price of 1 coffee and I am all set!
    Thank God for BBMe!
    Rico4you and Crusader03 like this.
    01-16-20 02:19 AM
    I said it in another thread: there are people who don't care of privacy and security. They are satisfied with a social credit system like in China. It is impossible to convince them.
    Agreed. Its tottalitarian, full-control way to handle people who are naive and don't value their privacy...
    We are lucky there is BBMe so we can avoid this 'free' add based 3rd party apps like Viber etc...
    01-16-20 02:22 AM
    Very important aspect, indeed! for kids to connect with someone just via PIN, without giving phone number etc...
    Rico4you likes this.
    01-16-20 02:23 AM
    Very important aspect, indeed! for kids to connect with someone just via PIN, without giving phone number etc...
    Who is them?

You're worried about Signal Messenger Limited going after your kids?

What personal information have you provided to BlackBerry Limited?
    01-16-20 02:36 AM
    With you its always going 'arround' problem, use aditional programs and apps that weigh in on system, I do not want to cheat, lie, get fake numbers, install add blockers just because it says viber/whats/telegram are 'free' to register.
    They are NOT free. They come with huge private data giving price, ads and workarrounds.
    Thats why I rather pay price of 1 coffee and I am all set!
    Thank God for BBMe!
    Apart from Facebook, no messenger app monetises your data.

Telegram and Signal do not have ads.

Everyone should be using Blokada or Netguard anyway to prevent trackers.

You are not cheating or lying by using a phone number that is not carrier-based. What nonsense.
    Mecca EL and valer466 like this.
    01-16-20 02:40 AM
    No messenger app monetises your data.

Telegram and Signal do not have ads.

Everyone should be using Blokada or Netguard anyway to prevent trackers.
    Just use Blackberry phones and BBMe, and you will avoid all this pesky procedures you must do use those unstable apps.
    Save yourself trouble. No wonder all politicians, ministers etc use Blackberries. Hardest phone to root, track etc....
    Same is with BBMe.
    Good luck, hope you find enough wisdom to accept this facts!

And yes...such a NICE treat...no need to give your personal data and phone number to subscribe! Just price of 1 starbucks coffee! Awesome!
    #BBMe
    Rico4you, Jake2826 and Crusader03 like this.
    01-16-20 02:45 AM
    Just use Blackberry phones and BBMe, and you will avoid all this pesky procedures you must do use those unstable apps.
    Save yourself trouble. No wonder all politicians, ministers etc use Blackberries. Hardest phone to root, track etc....
    Same is with BBMe.
    Good luck, hope you find enough wisdom to accept this facts!

And yes...such a NICE treat...no need to give your personal data and phone number to subscribe! Just price of 1 starbucks coffee! Awesome!
    #BBMe
    What does using a BlackBerry device have to do with BBMe?

What apps are unstable?

No messenger app takes your personal data. They use a phone number to authenticate, and to make it easier to connect with others if you so choose to do it that way.
    Last edited by conite; 01-16-20 at 02:59 AM.
    01-16-20 02:49 AM
    BBMe is a fine app, and has a UX that understandably appeals to many people. There's nothing wrong with that. Use it if it works for you.

But my goodness, can we bring this down a notch?
    Last edited by conite; 01-16-20 at 03:55 AM.
    01-16-20 03:04 AM
    01-16-20 04:19 AM