03-25-14 09:17 AM
99 ... 234
tools
    Please guys, people who have issues hearing the other person on IOS, allow permission for BBM to access microphone.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 08:52 AM
    Please guys, people who have issues hearing the other person on IOS, allow permission for BBM to access microphone.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah why does it do that? Happened to many of my friends. Is it because they didn't authorise BBM to use mic or is it because iOS block by default?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 08:58 AM
    I agree. Considering they are already playing catch up with the rest, they haven't the time to learn by their mistakes. Especially now that Facebook are going to purchase Whatsapp. Who knows what new features they might decide to implement.

I'm sure it won't be long until Whatsapp decide to add voice/video calling. I'm not sure if there will be any way of bbm catching up then.

This is why blackberry need to add these things quickly and correctly. First impressions certainly count when there are many alternatives.
    Very good point.

BlackBerry is blowing another chance yet again.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    02-20-14 09:30 AM
    Also, I know of a lot if people that are now going to delete Whatsapp as they want nothing to do with Facebook as they have privacy concerns.

If Blackberry get on the ball they can really take advantage of this situation.
    app_Developer likes this.
    02-20-14 11:29 AM
    Yeah why does it do that? Happened to many of my friends. Is it because they didn't authorise BBM to use mic or is it because iOS block by default?

Posted via CB10
    When you make your first call on IOS, you get a message asking you to decline or accept BBM to access MIC but the problem is some people decline for some reason which of course causes the issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 12:12 PM
    When you make your first call on IOS, you get a message asking you to decline or accept BBM to access MIC but the problem is some people decline for some reason which of course causes the issue.

Posted via CB10
    Ah yeah... Cause iOS doesn't ask for permission at application installation.

Hmmm this can cause many issues and frustration.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 03:45 PM
    Ah yeah... Cause iOS doesn't ask for permission at application installation.

Hmmm this can cause many issues and frustration.

Posted via CB10
    And there is an API for the app to check if the user has done this and then BBM can properly advise the user what to do.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    02-20-14 04:05 PM
    And there is an API for the app to check if the user has done this and then BBM can properly advise the user what to do.

Yes that makes sense. So again, another sign of amateur sub-standard IOS development.
    02-20-14 04:40 PM
    Yes that makes sense. So again, another sign of amateur sub-standard IOS development.
    Yeah well I think BBM developers are thinking too much about creating a uniform experience across all platforms. BlackBerry 10 and Android are pretty similar as OS, that's why the two seems to work so well together. But with iOS, they need to adapt BBM more specifically for them

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 08:27 AM
    Yeah well I think BBM developers are thinking too much about creating a uniform experience across all platforms. BlackBerry 10 and Android are pretty similar as OS, that's why the two seems to work so well together. But with iOS, they need to adapt BBM more specifically for them

Posted via CB10
    You may be right. But it is hard to understand how they could put anything before reliability.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    02-21-14 10:17 AM
    You may be right. But it is hard to understand how they could put anything before reliability.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    Well it is working well with iOS. I got no problem with any of my contacts. Its just not polished.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 12:32 PM
    Well it is working well with iOS. I got no problem with any of my contacts. Its just not polished.

Posted via CB10
    There are also a lot of people that are experiencing problems though.

The app is working pretty well for myself, but I know of people that have ditched it because of poor reliability including undelivered messages etc.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    02-21-14 12:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's working for you. It's still horribly unreliable for some of us. So it's maybe hit or miss?

02-21-14 07:06 PM
    It's working for you. It's still horribly unreliable for some of us. So it's maybe hit or miss?

Depends. Lots of people say that its not working cause they see a grey box, when in fact its not true.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-21-14 08:55 PM
    Depends. Lots of people say that its not working cause they see a grey box, when in fact its not true.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    I meant those of us who send messages that don't arrive for hours. That sort of thing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    02-22-14 12:12 AM
    I meant those of us who send messages that don't arrive for hours. That sort of thing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    If at all.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 02:32 AM
    I'm finding that when I send out pictures they go out sideways.
    This. Recently installed bbm on my gf iPhone 4s and this is the only issue with have come up with. Everything else works flawlessly.

Hardcore BlackBerry 'er
    02-23-14 09:13 PM
    Glympse "Check-in" feature working/not-working? Just wanted to see what I might be doing wroing. I was trying out the new location features in 2.0 using 3 devices side by side, my iphone, my android and my wifes iphone. If I share a location for a period of time between any device it is working fine. But, if you slide the time when sharing to "zero" it changes to a "check-in" only which I thought must mean a single check in to show my current location. When i do a "check-in" it sends a link to the other device but it is immediately "expired" and can never be opened. Seems like something is not working. It doesn't matter if I send from iphone to android or android to iphone or iphone to iphone. Same result. Any one else try this?
    02-27-14 11:51 AM
    Glympse "Check-in" feature working/not-working? Just wanted to see what I might be doing wroing. I was trying out the new location features in 2.0 using 3 devices side by side, my iphone, my android and my wifes iphone. If I share a location for a period of time between any device it is working fine. But, if you slide the time when sharing to "zero" it changes to a "check-in" only which I thought must mean a single check in to show my current location. When i do a "check-in" it sends a link to the other device but it is immediately "expired" and can never be opened. Seems like something is not working. It doesn't matter if I send from iphone to android or android to iphone or iphone to iphone. Same result. Any one else try this?
    Hmmm but there is another way to send location without glympse. Just attach location.

But yeah I agree... sounds like a small bug

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 01:52 PM
    Ahh, thanks. Now I see the other way to send a location once. That does work for me. I never thought about the "guitar pick" being a location icon since I'm used to the ios "pin". BBM is getting better and better. Love the latest update.
    02-27-14 02:50 PM
    I have a BlackBerry Z10 and have received sideways or upside down photos from iOS BBM as well. No issue if I send a photo to them. Been searching to see if there are solutions but I'm finding very few people reporting it until this thread.

Posted via CB10 with my oreo Z10 rocking 10.2.1.1055
    02-28-14 02:58 PM
    Same here. I have both ios and android 4.4. Prior to the 2.0 BBM release both sent photos oriented correctly. After BBM2.0 android is still sending the correct orientation, ios now sends everything tilted 90 deg.
    02-28-14 03:28 PM
    One iOS contact has me listed on 1055 (What are you doing now? field). I explicitly listed 1295 and 1925 and now 2141. Contact pics have not properly updated either. I cannot see an iOS contact pic (it shows up on BBM for iOS though) and another iPhone has an old pic I posted three updates ago. Sad. Very sad.

SQN100-1 10.2.1.2141 | STA100-3 10.2.1.2141
    03-02-14 12:36 AM
    If I send the picture using the BBM camera, the orientation is correct.
    Pictures sent from the Camera Roll or another album are either 90 or 180 degrees rotated. I've tried editing the photos before sending (rotating them to 90/180), but it doesn't matter. Any image sent from saved format goes out 90/180 rotated.
    Wish they'd fix this.
    03-25-14 09:17 AM
99 ... 234