03-25-14 09:17 AM
99 1234
tools
    1. Missing text font resize.

2. Missing group notification mute.

3. Missing. Landscape mode.

4. App needs to be open to receive R & D notifications when imessage does not.

5. App needs to be open to receive BBM voice calls when we chat does not.

Come on BlackBerry update it again quick!

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 04:17 PM
    For me this renders voice chat completely useless. Like you said we chat can handle it, and I know google hangouts certainly can.
    rai187 likes this.
    02-15-14 04:43 PM
    For me this renders voice chat completely useless. Like you said we chat can handle it, and I know google hangouts certainly can.
    I can't duplicate this?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 06:46 PM
    I can't duplicate this?

Posted via CB10
    What can't you duplicate?
    02-15-14 07:31 PM
    I have no problem getting voice chat notifications with bbm closed.
    Last edited by Chillmiester; 02-15-14 at 08:37 PM.
    02-15-14 08:11 PM
    This is what should happen when you receive a call. Yes this is a video call but it should also be the same for a voice call.

Note that I did not have hangouts running in the background. As well as the visual notification appearing the phone also made a constant ringing sound until I swiped to answer the call.

02-15-14 08:23 PM
    Hi all,

I've updated BBM 2.0 on my iPhone5 and i'm not getting caller button Icon on the right side of my contact in BBM? How to get the icon enabled?

Cheers
    02-16-14 12:51 AM
    1. Missing text font resize.

2. Missing group notification mute.

3. Missing. Landscape mode.

4. App needs to be open to receive R & D notifications when imessage does not.

Come on BlackBerry update it again quick!

Posted via CB10
    4. As I said before don't compare iMessages to BBM on IOS because obviously iMessages has more permissions to use, it's made by Apple, why don't you compare to whatsapp? It's got the same issue, IOS limitations is what causes these issues.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 02:42 AM
    I've got some of my friends to use BBM after a bit of persuasion, but it seems I needn't have bothered? They both have iPhone 5S, but after a lot of tinkering and checking settings, message delivery across platforms is terrible.

They can message each other generally ok, but when it comes to them sending messages to my BlackBerry and vice versa things just don't happen. The messages from either side show as sent, but never get delivered. Anyone else have this problem?

I've also noticed on their phones, they need to have BBM open to get notifications. You can't be serious...

Awesome BB Z10. Be Social: 2B80D5C2
    02-16-14 03:59 AM
    I have no problem getting voice chat notifications with bbm closed.
    Have you tried completely closing it? As in double clicking home button and swiping the bbm tile up? Do you still get notifications for voice call then?

Thanks.
    02-16-14 04:51 AM
    on my wife's iPhone 5 have not Channel menu???
    BBM Version is 2.0.0.31
    02-16-14 04:59 AM
    I've got some of my friends to use BBM after a bit of persuasion, but it seems I needn't have bothered? They both have iPhone 5S, but after a lot of tinkering and checking settings, message delivery across platforms is terrible.

They can message each other generally ok, but when it comes to them sending messages to my BlackBerry and vice versa things just don't happen. The messages from either side show as sent, but never get delivered. Anyone else have this problem?

I've also noticed on their phones, they need to have BBM open to get notifications. You can't be serious...

Awesome BB Z10. Be Social: 2B80D5C2
    They should get notifications no matter what, but you won't get a D if they have BBM closed from the background but they will still receive your message.

The issue about getting a D but the message never gets delivered has never happened to me, every week or so I get one undelivered message which never gets to them other than that all good.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 07:01 AM
    The main problem I think with BBM and iOS is that the experience bad been inconsistent. I think with iOS 7, Apple introduced a new way how background app behave and are treated that is making many developers very confused.

Just a bit of digging around the Internet and you'll find that Skype is having a hard time delivery and receiving messages when the app is in background.

Snapchat is being logged out and requires user to log back it all the time.

And now for some odd reasons, BBM works perfectly for certain iOS users and don't seem to work at all in background for others. I can witness this myself as I have a few iOS users and you can see that the voice chat is always available for some and on/off for others.

I think if BlackBerry can manage to make the experience on iOS 7 flawless, they can really distance others. Already, if they can do much better than skype, it would help a lot

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 10:48 AM
    I'm finding that when I send out pictures they go out sideways.
    I noticed this on a couple pictures I received from my girlfriend. Doesn't happen all the time though - weird.

Posted via my Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1259
    02-17-14 01:11 PM
    4. As I said before don't compare iMessages to BBM on IOS because obviously iMessages has more permissions to use, it's made by Apple, why don't you compare to whatsapp? It's got the same issue, IOS limitations is what causes these issues.

Posted via CB10
    Whatsapp does NOT have the same issue.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    02-17-14 01:22 PM
    The main problem I think with BBM and iOS is that the experience bad been inconsistent. I think with iOS 7, Apple introduced a new way how background app behave and are treated that is making many developers very confused.

Just a bit of digging around the Internet and you'll find that Skype is having a hard time delivery and receiving messages when the app is in background.

Snapchat is being logged out and requires user to log back it all the time.

And now for some odd reasons, BBM works perfectly for certain iOS users and don't seem to work at all in background for others. I can witness this myself as I have a few iOS users and you can see that the voice chat is always available for some and on/off for others.

I think if BlackBerry can manage to make the experience on iOS 7 flawless, they can really distance others. Already, if they can do much better than skype, it would help a lot

Posted via CB10
    Sadly BlackBerry is NOT doing much better than others.

Most of the few dozen iOS folks I'd convinced to try BBM have already given up and moved back to other apps because BBM is so unreliable.

One more botched opportunity.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    avmsam likes this.
    02-17-14 01:26 PM
    On initial release or 2.0?

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 01:38 PM
    On initial release or 2.0?

Posted via CB10
    Issues were mostly initial release. But current release does not solve the notification issues.

And, if calls can't be received unless the app is open... that is just one more deal breaker.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    02-17-14 02:00 PM
    I'll check in with my friends on iphones. No issues so far with 2.0 in that regard.

One that has come up though, is they don't seem to be able to link directly to channels via invite or hyperlink pin. It seems to not have affected all though. Are you able to replicate this issue on your iphone?

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 02:07 PM
    First I'd like to say I love the update to 2.0. Voice clarity is great. I have it on my ios7 phone and my nexus 7 tablet running 4.4. There are some quirks but the only one that is actually stopping my wife and I from using voice calling is this. She has a car with bluetooth built in for calls and for music. When her iphone is paired with her car we see that alerts for an incoming bbm voice call do not play through either the car speakers or the phone speakers. While paired, normal call alerts play through the car audio, texts play, music plays. We can also call each other via bbm voice and talk through her car audio/bluetooth. It's just the incoming alert that she has a call that is lost. Of course that means I have to call her normally or she will never know she is getting a call from bbm voice.
    02-17-14 03:47 PM

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    Actually what's app DOES have the same issue. They just hide it better by not providing read receipts. Read the following from the FAQ of WhatsApp website and scroll down to what the "one tick" mean. Basically

1 tick = grey box on bbm
    2 ticks = "D" on BBM

http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/general/20951546

Posted via CB10
    kizax likes this.
    02-17-14 05:33 PM
    Actually what's app DOES have the same issue. They just hide it better by not providing read receipts. Read the following from the FAQ of WhatsApp website and scroll down to what the "one tick" mean. Basically

1 tick = grey box on bbm
    2 ticks = "D" on BBM

http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/general/20951546

Posted via CB10
    No it does not have the same issue.

Whatsapp will provide 2 ticks even if app is not open.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    02-17-14 06:24 PM

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    I regularly get one tick from iPhone users... but never from Android and BlackBerry.

Quotes from WhatsApp website:

[...] If you only see a single check mark next to your message, there is likely nothing wrong with WhatsApp or your phone. There may be several reasons why your message is delivered to the server, but not to your chat partner:

[...]

-They might have seen the notification on the screen, but did not launch the app to acknowledge message receipt (very common in case of iPhone recipients).

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 07:16 PM

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    It DOES!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 07:21 PM

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    That is completely incorrect!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 07:23 PM
99 1234