Hi all,

Let us try to gather issues found on BBM for iOS here.

I just installed BBM 2.0 on my wife’s iPhone 5S running iOS 7.0.4.

I tried to add myself on her device by scanning my barcode but received an error saying, "Must be BBM QR-code" (translated from Danish).

I then tried to show the barcode on her iPhone. My Z10 immediately added her.

So it seems there is a bug in the barcode reading feature on iOS.

-------------
    Possible not a BBM bug:
    Glympse does not seem to work at the moment. It hangs when you want to send your location. Since the problem is also present on my Z10 it indicates, something "backend" related. Anybody knows how Glympse is working? Is BBM dependent on some "Glympse infrastructure"?
    02-14-14 02:31 AM
    Same here, glympse worked one time yesterday and stopped working probably it relies on glympse infrastructure/maps, if that's the case then the number of users jump to few extra millions yesterday and that blow up their infrastructure, shame on BlackBerry if that's the case, easy issue to predict.

Posted via CB10 for the BB-Z30
    02-14-14 02:54 AM
    I've noticed that if someone tries to call me the bbm app has to be running in the background, otherwise the caller gets a message saying unavailable.

I think this is a bug, as with google hangouts anyone can call me even if the app has been forced closed. It comes up with a notification and rings.

Edit.

I've also noticed that scrolling channels is very laggy on my iphone4s.
    02-14-14 05:21 AM
    Is that update available for the ipod touch? My girl has bbm but hasn't received the update yet...

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-10.2.1.1925
    02-14-14 07:22 AM
    Glympse is definitely buggy but I had it working reasonably. My iPhone friend only seems to be able to send me contact info for her bbm contacts, and she can't seem to save appointments I send her to her calendar she can only view them

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 09:33 AM
    I'd like to create a new channel but I don't see that option on the channel menu.
    02-14-14 10:35 AM
    Go to channels and then click the three dots on the right hand side. A menu will slide in from the right and it will have the option to create a new channel.
    02-14-14 10:36 AM
    Go to channels and then click the three dots on the right hand side. A menu will slide in from the right and it will have the option to create a new channel.
    My menu just has "Help", "Settings", and "Join Channel". I'm using an iPad Mini Retina.
    02-14-14 10:39 AM
    Oh right I see. Strange.

This is how it looks on my iPhone. I would have thought the iPad would have been the same.

02-14-14 10:42 AM
    I'm finding that when I send out pictures they go out sideways.
    maxriptin likes this.
    02-14-14 11:29 AM
    It worked when I transferred my account to my iPhone.
    02-14-14 11:38 AM
    Messages just aren't going through reliably. Pretty hard to support a messaging service that doesn't do messaging.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    rai187 likes this.
    02-14-14 03:19 PM
    I've also noticed that bbm is permanently using geofencing, this is even when I'm not sharing my location. It only stops if I force close the app.

02-14-14 03:23 PM
    Questions about iOS:

I am on a Z30 so this is for a friend.

Should glympse be an option under the paperclip on this new version?

Do you have to change a setting to allow bbm voice because he is connected to wifi and there is no phone icon?

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 04:17 PM
    Questions about iOS:

I am on a Z30 so this is for a friend.

Should glympse be an option under the paperclip on this new version?

Do you have to change a setting to allow bbm voice because he is connected to wifi and there is no phone icon?

Posted via CB10
    Yes glympse is available by pressing the paper clip. Im not sure about voice, but I never had to toggle anything to allow it to work on my phone. The only thing I had to allow was access to the microphone.
    dusdal likes this.
    02-14-14 04:28 PM
    Yes glympse is available by pressing the paper clip. Im not sure about voice, but I never had to toggle anything to allow it to work on my phone. The only thing I had to allow was access to the microphone.
    Thanks. I assume that allowing microphone was a pop up request when you first opened it?

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 04:32 PM
    Thanks. I assume that allowing microphone was a pop up request when you first opened it?

Posted via CB10
    Yes that was a pop up when I tried to make my first voice call.
    02-14-14 04:33 PM
    I've also noticed that bbm is permanently using geofencing, this is even when I'm not sharing my location. It only stops if I force close the app.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/15/byzebuge.jpg
    That's probably because BBM channels uses your location.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 05:55 PM
    Can anybody make call from wifi to data?
    02-14-14 09:30 PM
    BBM channels keeps closing on my IPhone. I spoke with another friend with an IPhone and it is doing the same with his. We cannot even browse channels without the app closing.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 09:33 PM
    When I try calling my wife with BBM voice it doesn't pop-up the call screen letting her know I'm calling unless she has the app open and in focus.
    She's not going to sit there with BBM open waiting for me to call. Is there some setting to get BBM to show the call screen no matter what she's doing?

Posted via CB10
    rai187 likes this.
    02-14-14 11:22 PM
    When I try calling my wife with BBM voice it doesn't pop-up the call screen letting her know I'm calling unless she has the app open and in focus.
    She's not going to sit there with BBM open waiting for me to call. Is there some setting to get BBM to show the call screen no matter what she's doing?

Posted via CB10
    Go in your notification settings on the phone and change it to alerts.
    02-14-14 11:33 PM
    Actually I think the issue is that her phone is set to phone calls only after 11pm. Remind me again why BlackBerry dropped the option to do time triggered notification profiles.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 11:55 PM
    Glympse is definitely buggy but I had it working reasonably. My iPhone friend only seems to be able to send me contact info for her bbm contacts, and she can't seem to save appointments I send her to her calendar she can only view them

Posted via CB10
    OK I finally got to look at her phone and I figured out the issue, when she opens a appointment at the top you have to hit "done" in order to save it to the calendar. The problem is that it's a white font on an off white background so it is almost impossible to read unless you're looking for it. This seems to be a huge oversite to me.

Never mind the contacts issue, the save option was right there not sure how she missed it.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 08:01 AM
    my buddy said when he is playing music on his ihome and goes to BBM, it stops the music because it thinks he is going to make a phone call... Anyone else see this or have a solution?
    02-15-14 11:15 AM
99 123 ...