yes we need it now!!!!
    09-16-16 02:53 PM
    When, why, where were you speaking with BlackBerry....? I am dying for BBM video between BlackBerry 10 and Android!

Posted via CB10
    I sent them an e mail about BBM and was responded to, I was called and spoke to them at length.
    09-16-16 03:01 PM
    Fingers crossed. Could really use it, as I hate Skype!

Posted via CB10
    Try WeChat, it has all the same features of BBM but doesn't look as good as BBM.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-17-16 09:36 PM
    Try WeChat, it has all the same features of BBM but doesn't look as good as BBM.

Except it doesn't have people's BBM contacts using it.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-16 10:34 PM
    Except it doesn't have people's BBM contacts using it.

Posted via CB10
    That's true, whenever I try to get someone to use BBM they will ask me to use WhatsApp or WeChat. Sometimes I can manage to convince them but sometimes not.

09-18-16 12:13 AM

Thanks for thinking with me, but I am not very keen on trying out another chat app. Especially WeChat, with at least a very dubious attitude towards their users' privacy...
    09-18-16 04:14 AM
    Can't wait for them to add cross platform video chat. BB10 must be lowest of the low priority..

Posted via CB10
    09-20-16 02:46 AM
    That's true, whenever I try to get someone to use BBM they will ask me to use WhatsApp or WeChat. Sometimes I can manage to convince them but sometimes not.

I personally don't know a single person using wechat. Imessage... yes... BBM.. yes... 1 or two Facebook messanger... I really doubt anyone (I know) would switch to yet another platform and try to pull in others. Imessage for iPhone users, and BBM across the board to msg those without Iphones.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-16 01:10 AM
    hmm ... maybe rollout of true cross-platform BBM video messaging will be announced before the financial results next week. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    09-22-16 12:27 PM
    I really hope I'm not being a debbie downer but I have been doing a lot of reaching out to different BlackBerry help desks and i feel BlackBerry is focusing on android and will not be releasing a cross platform bbm video chat update.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-16 04:11 PM
    I had an idea and tried to get it to work but id didn't...

I tried download an Android version of BBM so we could have video chat from BB10 to Android. Except after installing and trying to open Android BBM on my Q10, ot quickly closes out.

Did anybody ever get Android BBM working on their BlackBerry phone?
    09-23-16 01:31 AM
    I personally don't know a single person using wechat. Imessage... yes... BBM.. yes... 1 or two Facebook messanger... I really doubt anyone (I know) would switch to yet another platform and try to pull in others. Imessage for iPhone users, and BBM across the board to msg those without Iphones.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't think so too until I installed WeChat, like BBM they also use a PIN but they call it WeChat ID instead.

WeChat also use phone numbers on your phone book to match your friends. After I installed WeChat I have hundreds of matches and requests which I totally ignored coz I am asking them to switch over to BBM. Unfortunately success rate is still very low at the moment.

09-23-16 01:50 PM
    I didn't think so too until I installed WeChat, like BBM they also use a PIN but they call it WeChat ID instead.

WeChat also use phone numbers on your phone book to match your friends. After I installed WeChat I have hundreds of matches and requests which I totally ignored coz I am asking them to switch over to BBM. Unfortunately success rate is still very low at the moment.

I'm not going to change away from BBM on the basis of video chats, but I looked at wechat detail on BlackBerry world. Latest version 3.0.1.1 from Jan 2014. Looks like they abandoned their BlackBerry version as well and considering that most reviewers are giving it one or two stars it's obviously got issues. I guess people can load up the Droid version if it plays nice with our older run time.

It's also a Chinese app for the Chinese market, developed by a company that copies it's competitors work. I would honestly be concerned about sending any private info across their network... I'll stick with BBM.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 12:24 AM
    I'm not going to change away from BBM on the basis of video chats, but I looked at wechat detail on BlackBerry world. Latest version 3.0.1.1 from Jan 2014. Looks like they abandoned their BlackBerry version as well and considering that most reviewers are giving it one or two stars it's obviously got issues. I guess people can load up the Droid version if it plays nice with our older run time.

It's also a Chinese app for the Chinese market, developed by a company that copies it's competitors work. I would honestly be concerned about sending any private info across their network... I'll stick with BBM.

Posted via CB10
    Well yes it is a Chinese app developed for the Chinese market I agree. I however if you are talking about copying its competitors I wouldn't agree with you on this.

The features that they have implemented that BBM doesn't are;

- shake ; this feature allows people who shake the phone at the same time to be able to connect to each other which BBM is yet to have

- People nearby ; is a feature that you are able to see and chat with people nearby is another that BBM doesn't have

- WeChat Pay ; a feature that allows restaurants, cafes, bars and retail outlets to accept payment for goods and services by just sending a message.
    Yes, you can argue that BBM has BBM Money or PayPal in certain markets. This one can go as far as splitting the bill with your friends and they will pay directly or to one person first.

- online training ; trainers are able to conduct online courses via WeChat and participants are able to log on for a fee or for free to participate. This is either live or even recorded as an option.

- user profile ; every user has a moments, which is a page where it is like a mini Facebook and users are able to post anything there. You can argue that BBM has channels, I agree that in a way that channels is better because you can have multiple of them and have multiple topics. However moments doesn't have the 400 chr limitations and although both are not web searchable but moments can be forwarded to someone who doesn't have WeChat and they have an option to view it in WeChat or via web.

The only other feature that BBM as that WeChat doesn't is timed messages.

I prefer the video chat on BBM as compared to WeChat as it is of a higher quality.

WeChat can also do a voice call via 2G which in BBM requires a minimum of 3G.

The Glympse on BBM is also more intuitive than the live maps on WeChat.

In view of these who do you think is copying who?

09-27-16 01:31 AM
    Hey group,

what's the latest and greatest??? Does anyone have any new news on this topic?

We need this to keep BlackBerry os 10 in the running and with a BlackBerry's announcement of maintaining os 10 there has to be something brewing!

Posted via CB10
    10-08-16 07:34 PM
    ditto in wanting this. would prevent me from carrying two phones just so I can facetime the rest of my world who use apple
    10-10-16 12:41 AM
    Any new word on cross platform??

Someone has had to hurd something by now

Posted via CB10
    10-16-16 03:31 PM
    Nothing as of yet
    10-25-16 10:14 AM
    Is this possible yet?

Posted via CB10
    01-20-17 12:07 PM
    No and I've given up on ever waiting for this
    01-20-17 05:36 PM
    I think I might have to do the same. Not many updates for BBM on BB10 recently.. at all!

Posted via CB10
    01-21-17 07:19 AM
    No and I've given up on ever waiting for this
    I don't blame you. I'm waiting for the Mercury!

Come learn the science that FBI, CIA, Interpol, & Fortune 500 companies are using by visiting our channel. Join The KUQO Group at C002EFE5D and learn all about behavioral sciences.
    02-01-17 07:07 PM
    Yes it's here finally here
    05-26-17 06:06 PM
    There ya go!
    05-26-17 06:08 PM
    It's there for BBM Enterprise users. Not so much for the rest of us.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2205 / Telus
    05-26-17 06:52 PM
61 123