I'm a major promoter of Bbm, however I cannot get Bbm video calls to work. I am in Toronto Canada and Bbm voice to Trinidad works like a charm. However video is extremely poor with freezing images and dropping audio.

We thought I t might be a slow Internet connection, however Skype video works very well.

Any thoughts on how to get Bbm video to work?

Thnx

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 10:46 PM
    I get calls from friends in France and the UK and the video quality is usually good (when they are on strong WiFi, I get 480p and better).... Maybe it has throttle... If the speed does not match X, set quality to poor...

Make sure both ends are on a strong signal area (4G/WiFi).
    11-01-14 12:23 AM
    Both on wifi. Z10 to z10.

Thnx

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 09:55 AM
    It probably is not a software issue. I used to have the same problems myself until I updated my wifi router. I had noticed if I was on LTE it was fine, but if I was on wifi it would be choppy and quality was bad. I went and bought a 2.4/5ghz router and found that fixed it. I get even better results if I set my phone to only use the 5ghz channel. Might want to consider this. Also rebooting your wifi router/dsl/cable modem before making the call helps.
    11-02-14 05:38 PM
    Well maybe try setting a static IP on your router for your BlackBerry and then setting that IP on a DMZ...
    11-02-14 08:57 PM
    Thanks for the replies. Just an update, the person on the other end upgraded their Internet service and although we've only tried it once since the upgrade, it worked like a charm.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    NtotheK likes this.
    11-11-14 10:00 AM
    I am in US on Verizon and gf is in Ph on Globe. If she is on decent WiFi or is lucky with a good data connection the BBM video tends to be much better than Skype.

What frequently happens though is the connection is good for a minute and then the audio starts to get terrible and choppy and then frames start skipping and then it just freezes up eventually. Sometimes she can hear me but I can't hear her. I'm guessing the upload on her data is not sufficient?

If we then switch to Skype the video quality might be reduced but the audio is mostly maintained and stays in sync which is key.

It seems that BBM video provides the better experience if both parties have a good connection but it is unable to compensate for poor connections.. especially if download is okay and upload is not.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 11:49 AM
    To get the best Video quality it would have to be off of WIFI. If it's off your service provider then the video call will be week.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 11:56 AM
    I drove from California to Florida and I had a z10 in California and my z30 with me and it was flawless I mean screen sharing front facing everything only when I lost service well duh right. It's been amazing both on cellular service. So I don't know why you say it's low quality...

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 11:06 PM