So, one feature that my android friends like about whatsapp group chat is the in-chat picture posting. Regardless of what people say with the comments and whatever else about bbm group chat pictures, whatsapp is simply more user friendly in this regard.

Prior to the xBBM release, I had raised this question here on the forums and someone advised that multiperson bbm chat filled this gap, allowing in-chat pictures.

xBBM was released, unfortunately when I tried multiperson chat with my android friends, I was disappointed to see that the the only thing you can share is voice notes.

What gives?! Not sure the point in this thread other than to suggest to any BlackBerry people reading this to please ADD IN-CHAT PICTURE SHARING ASAP!!

Thank you

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    10-31-13 08:02 PM
    This has always probably the only I've really liked in WhatsApp over BBM.

Totally agree! I want in-line pictures posted in Group Chats.
    There could still be the separate gallery in BBM Groups tab... or not if it could only be one or the other.
    10-31-13 08:23 PM
    That is what groups are for. You can share pictures in groups, but not multiperson chats. Why? I don't know. It has always been like this on BBM. Even Legacy.
    10-31-13 08:23 PM
    That is what groups are for. You can share pictures in groups, but not multiperson chats. Why? I don't know. It has always been like this on BBM. Even Legacy.
    But the method of sharing pictures in bbm group chat isn't user friendly. You have to go back to group level, post pic, then return. Same thing to view. Whatsapp you can post pics within the chat which makes so much more sense.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 08:42 PM
    But then as people talk about the picture it disappears.

The solution may be to put it in-line and automatically add it to the gallery as well.

Best of both worlds?

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 and Mel25 like this.
    10-31-13 09:28 PM
    But then as people talk about the picture it disappears.

Posted via CB10
    The in-chat picture in whatsapp group disappears?? No it doesn't. I just scanned back a conversation as far back as April 2013 and the pics were still there, as well as at the group level. Whatsapp pics are also saved in a whatsapp folder in your file manager.

Bbm needs to replicate everything about this feature. It makes sense.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 10:11 PM
    Scrolling back a year in an active chart hardly sounds more convenient than swiping back once and choosing 'pictures'.

I agree it's more convenient and engaging initially, but after that having it stored in a gallery becomes more usable.

Posted via CB10
    Mel25 likes this.
    10-31-13 11:35 PM
    Scrolling back a year in an active chart hardly sounds more convenient than swiping back once and choosing 'pictures'.
    I BBM via the Hub almost exclusively. So going to Group Pics is several more steps and certainly disrupts my flow.

I agree it's more convenient and engaging initially, but after that having it stored in a gallery becomes more usable.
    WhatsApp does do both.
    In a WhatsApp group chat, either tap the top bar or select Show Group Info from overflow menu. The subsequent page has a header for Media, which is the group's gallery.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer BBM greatly over WhatsApp. But I agree with the OP on this specific issue. As I said before, that's probably the only thing about WhatsApp I prefer over BBM.
    11-01-13 01:59 AM
    Not being able to send pictures in a multiperson chat is real pain for me. I could swear i was able to do this prior to the 10.2 update unless i'm loosing my mind. Curious if someone can confirm this, please.
    11-01-13 07:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    It sounds like you don't even have whatsapp, or perhaps I'm not explaining the feature comparison properly....

You can post pictures both in the whatsapp group chat, which stay visible to everyone forever, and those pictures are also at the group level, and also in a separate folder in your file manager.

Whatsapp already has the best of both worlds, which is why I'm saying BlackBerry needs to copy it. Now.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by JasonGallagher; 11-01-13 at 09:22 AM.
    mobilesync likes this.
    11-01-13 09:10 AM
    Oh, I see.

Yes you are correct, I didn't know that whatsapp already does the hybrid version suggested. My bad.

Thanks for the info.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 03:32 PM