I use a Z10, I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem but I can't use pics I take with my camera as my display picture, they appear blurry and I can't use the whole picture as well cause the photo editor restricts me , does anyone have a solution

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 05:50 PM
    same problem here

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 05:57 PM
    not a problem, just how its built to reduce the file sizes of the images
    07-08-13 05:59 PM
    I just noticed the same issue for bbm on my z10. Other contacts who have older bbos seem fine though.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-08-13 05:59 PM
    Same here,pictures not great. Expected better from my Z10

Posted via Z10
    07-08-13 06:16 PM
    My was doing that in HDR mode, and once I switched it to normal mode (then back again), it was fine.

Sent from the future on my Z10.
    07-08-13 07:37 PM
    Hasn't BBM been like this since forever? However I think it's time that profile pictures don't get blurred anymore.. if they plan to go cross platform they should be better than the competition. And Whatsapp does not have this issue, sometimes I don't even want to put certain pictures on BBM profile pic because I know it will lose its quality anyway..

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 10:08 AM
    Same problem with my Q 10

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 03:26 PM
    You have to request the hq version

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 08:46 AM
    Request a HQ version for a picture I took myself????

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 04:01 PM
    Same problem here. My display pics are blurry
    07-16-13 05:23 PM
    not a problem, just how its built to reduce the file sizes of the images
    But you can't even fit a whole picture in the display like with legacy devices

Posted via CB10 with STL 100-3, BB Z10
    EsJayDee likes this.
    07-16-13 05:50 PM
    I been commenting on every forum and board I see about this issue. This was never an issue on the older devices so I don't understand how they went a step back here. We have an 8mp camera and can't even show our friends on bbm the good pictures we're taking. I have multiple friends on my bbm who hate my dp's cuzz they're so blurry, and my non BlackBerry friends laugh and say "typical BlackBerry, giving problems"come on RIM let's get this together

Posted via CB10
    Obi_El and EsJayDee like this.
    07-22-13 04:46 PM
    Request a HQ version for a picture I took myself????

Posted via CB10
    He was talking about blurry pics sent to others. When someone sends a pic through BBM, it is low grade . Press and hold on the picture that was sent to you ,and
    It will prompt you with "HQ" request. The other person agrees, and you get the proper version of the shot.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 09:28 PM
    He was talking about blurry pics sent to others. When someone sends a pic through BBM, it is low grade . Press and hold on the picture that was sent to you ,and
    It will prompt you with "HQ" request. The other person agrees, and you get the proper version of the shot.

Posted via CB10
    Oh I see, but that's not what I'm talking about. I really only have a problem with my display pictures.

I just checked and the pictures I put up appear blurry on my phone but on other BlackBerry's that I have on my contact list they come out fine, well on legacy devices anyway I haven't checked if it's the same on other bb10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 01:49 AM
    Try changing aspect ratio?

@chrisjaam
    07-24-13 02:42 AM
    Probably downsized to accommodate BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 devices

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    07-26-13 02:43 AM
    I'm not sure I fully understand the issue here and if not please clarify.

I think the issue here is blurry pictures taken with your z10/q10 when you use it as your BBM avatar or display picture. My wife uses it all the time on her z10 always having a picture of our girls. I think the quality is very good (See attached of the latest pic).

If she send me a picture through BBM, the default image file always gets sent compressed - that's just BBM. If I really like the picture she takes, I just press and hold on the image sent and I can select from a menu for the BBM sender to send me the high rez image.

For me, it's all good and I don't have a problem. Again as I've posted before use the volume rocker panels while supporting the phone to take a stable picture (avoid touching the screen to take a shot), steady your hand when taking hdr shots (cause the camera is actually taking 2 shots), and clean the lens (wipe it on your shirt or something to clean any smudges)

Pics taken with camera appear blurry when I use them as my display picture on BBM-cmw_bbm_display_image_901210.jpeg

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    07-26-13 03:23 AM
    No let me explain a little more, when I take a picture with my Z10 it's alright like this

Pics taken with camera appear blurry when I use them as my display picture on BBM-img_00000239.jpg

Then when I use it as my display picture it isn't as clear as what I took like this

Attachment 186197
    EsJayDee likes this.
    07-26-13 02:23 PM
    And it's even worse with screenshots
    Attachment 186202

Then

Attachment 186203
    07-26-13 02:36 PM
    And it's even worse with screenshots
    Attachment 186202

Then

Attachment 186203
    For some crazy reason only your first clear picture I can see. The last three you posted seem corrupted... I get an Invalid attachment specified error when I click on it.

Two questions, when you say display do you mean display as in your BBM avatar picture, wallpaper or something else. When you say screenshot, do you mean like image capture using the volume + and - buttons at the side of your phone pressed at the same time? If you don't mind please clarify...
    07-26-13 02:59 PM
    Yeah when I say display picture I mean my bbm avatar picture and when I say screenshot I mean the image capture with the volume buttons at the side

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 03:10 PM
    Yeah when I say display picture I mean my bbm avatar picture and when I say screenshot I mean the image capture with the volume buttons at the side

Posted via CB10
    Ok .. if you look at my post above of my girls .. my wife uses that as her avatar and the picture was taken with her z10. Does that look like it has the same type quality loss you're experiencing?
    07-26-13 03:18 PM
    Nope, your picture is fine, I don't see it there

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 03:27 PM
    I understand exactly what you're talking about, Obi_El. I always wonder the same thing regarding the degradation of quality of any pic I use as my display avatar.

I wonder if the better overall quality of the pic leads to less blurrinessm...

Ok .. if you look at my post above of my girls .. my wife uses that as her avatar and the picture was taken with her z10. Does that look like it has the same type quality loss you're experiencing?
    When you wife has it set as her display avatar and you go to click on her display avatar, do you notice any change in the picture quality? The change is only visible when the pic is placed as the avatar.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 03:37 PM
51 123