07-16-13 07:47 AM
51 123
tools
    Check this out everyone, a bunch of photos of BlackBerry Messenger running on Android devices! This should be proof that RIM is making a BBM client for Android, right? RIGHT?!??

You can watch it as a slideshow at Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket
    Maulik Bhagat and david1994 like this.
    10-13-11 07:27 PM
    Ok, for anyone who doesn't get it -

These are fake, are intended to be fake, obviously appear fake, and I did NOT spend sufficient time to even attempt to make them not look fake. It's a satire on all the recent BBM on Android photos that have been popping up. Goodness sakes people...
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 10-18-11 at 09:38 PM.
    10-13-11 07:28 PM
    lol.

Well with pics like that it must be real!
    SCrid2000 and Neely2005 like this.
    10-13-11 07:32 PM
    I know right

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-11 07:33 PM
    BREAKSCLUSIVE!!

*wonders which site will be the first to see these and post them as an exclusive tip from an anonymous RIM insider*
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    10-13-11 07:36 PM
    LoL; nice yob.
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    10-13-11 07:40 PM
    BREAKSCLUSIVE!!

*wonders which site will be the first to see these and post them as an exclusive tip from an anonymous RIM insider*
    My guess is BlackBerry Matrix Forums • Index page
    10-13-11 07:49 PM
    Somebody definitely has a career as a graphic artist in their future.
    10-13-11 07:52 PM
    BREAKSCLUSIVE!!
    Quick! Send them to BGR!
    10-13-11 07:57 PM
    Damn, yet another thread about the same thing posted again, telling ya, it's not real! lol

10-13-11 08:36 PM
    Way to spoil the joke Rooty

10-13-11 08:37 PM
    So uhh did anybody else add the PIN in the photos to their contact list?
    10-13-11 08:39 PM
    Using PINS is old-fashioned. I'm OK with the more RELIABLE methods such as Google Talk. I don't really miss BBM, despite worrying that I would at the time of switching to Android. It's much ado about nothing for me. I'm sure that some of you are die-hard BBM users who just can't imagine life without a BB or BBM. I've moved past that. People are moving to Android and iOS. Android market share continues to climb by the second.

oh, and not seeing the "D" or "R" in non-BBM apps? Again, no biggie. I used to have many times on BBM that messages were delayed and sometimes they NEVER arrived. It's not like BBM is flawless in message transmission.
    10-13-11 08:48 PM
    hi, if it true , then htc n samsung are in trouble sticking android os , after google bought motorola. so they might be in shopping mode for OS, they might consider moving qnx, nokia already team up with MS.
    10-13-11 09:10 PM
    I guess some of you missed the part about it being a joke.
    Fake, like all the rest of the pictures from the last week. lol
    10-13-11 09:52 PM
    BREAKSCLUSIVE!!

how much are ya hoping that the pic they post is the SGS2 running BBM 5.0 (or earlier) lol.

I don't really miss BBM, despite worrying that I would at the time of switching to Android.
    but you`ll always miss crackberry, thats why ya keep comin here
    1812dave likes this.
    10-13-11 09:59 PM
    Man that is the worst photoshop job ever!
    10-13-11 10:15 PM
    I would argue that it's better than most BBM on android pics. And I only spent about 5 minutes tops per photo, didn't feel like putting any real work into this.
    Let's see you do better lol

_StephenBB81 likes this.
    10-14-11 05:04 AM
    Hardee-har-har! Funny stuff, wishful thinking there Shane?

10-14-11 06:09 AM
    Using PINS is old-fashioned. I'm OK with the more RELIABLE methods such as Google Talk. .
    How is the way Google Talk does it More Reliable?

I am going to complain to NO END when they force BBID over PIN for adding users, the fact I can add different groups of people to my BBM each of them having a different contact card for me, it is a universal no name no contact information thing.
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    10-14-11 06:19 PM
    according to most of the intArweb n00bs, if they read it on the web it MUST be true.
    10-14-11 10:19 PM
    Using PINS is old-fashioned. I'm OK with the more RELIABLE methods such as Google Talk. I don't really miss BBM, despite worrying that I would at the time of switching to Android. It's much ado about nothing for me. I'm sure that some of you are die-hard BBM users who just can't imagine life without a BB or BBM. I've moved past that. People are moving to Android and iOS. Android market share continues to climb by the second.

oh, and not seeing the "D" or "R" in non-BBM apps? Again, no biggie. I used to have many times on BBM that messages were delayed and sometimes they NEVER arrived. It's not like BBM is flawless in message transmission.
    have you moved on? seems like you are still somewhat addicted to something blackberry related.
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    10-14-11 10:56 PM
    I guess some of you missed the part about it being a joke.
    Fake, like all the rest of the pictures from the last week. lol
    Is it confirmed that the pictures from last week are indeed fake? Or is this just your opinion?

I do however think it would be a huge mistake for RIM to make BBM for ANY other platform, I can honestly say that the keyboard and BBM are the only things keeping me with Blackberry, if I lost one of those, well the huge discrepancy between the internals of Blackberry and Android devices would be really tempt me to jump ship.
    10-15-11 02:26 AM
    Is it confirmed that the pictures from last week are indeed fake? Or is this just your opinion?

I do however think it would be a huge mistake for RIM to make BBM for ANY other platform, I can honestly say that the keyboard and BBM are the only things keeping me with Blackberry, if I lost one of those, well the huge discrepancy between the internals of Blackberry and Android devices would be really tempt me to jump ship.
    It is indeed, Fake. If it were for real, it would have been mentioned by Research in Motion and it would be on the news and in newspapers.

10-15-11 02:56 AM
    How is the way Google Talk does it More Reliable?

I am going to complain to NO END when they force BBID over PIN for adding users, the fact I can add different groups of people to my BBM each of them having a different contact card for me, it is a universal no name no contact information thing.
    Same here. You think that's gonna happen? I figured RIM would still keep pins, and the BBID's would just be another way of sending pin info (like how you can already add people to BBM with their email address).
    Hardee-har-har! Funny stuff, wishful thinking there Shane?

Lol, I don't want BBM on Android, but I would like to be able to stream the BBM chats/groups on my BB to my Nook. But since I should be getting my Playbook today, I may not even care about that anymore.

For goodness sake, of course they're fake. The point of this thread is to show how easy it is to fake something like that.
    Oh, here's one other thing that should keep you on BlackBerry - the universal inbox. Seriously, the Android inbox sucks in comparison.
    It is indeed, Fake. If it were for real, it would have been mentioned by Research in Motion and it would be on the news and in newspapers.

Not if it was in the early stages and these were prototypes/test units.
    But that being said, there's no even slightly legitimate information (including leaks) which would suggest that RIM is making BBM for Android.

Or at least, there wasn't until all these pics came out
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 10-15-11 at 11:56 AM.
    10-15-11 11:53 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD