If I am missing something I apologize for wasting your time.
    Is there a quick way to call the person I'm BBMing with within the chat itself?
    I have looked and can't seem to find a way.
    If I am just plain texting the same contact, in the "more" menu, (the three dots), there is a "call" option which is not there in BBM.
    Thanks.

John, via CB10 on my Z30
    04-01-14 07:26 PM
    BBM voice is available for BB10 if you use a newer device. That's the only way I know though.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 07:35 PM
    BBM voice is available for BB10 if you use a newer device. That's the only way I know though.
    I don't think he's talking about BBM voice. I think he's asking if you can launch a call through the carrier to a contact from within a chat. And I don't see a way to do it; if someone else does/knows how to, please share.
    04-01-14 07:55 PM
    Open a BBM chat and in the upper right corner will be grey or green phone icon. Touch the icon when its green and a call is made, touch the icon when its grey and the other person cannot take a BBM call.

Is this what you are looking for?
    tjseaman likes this.
    04-01-14 08:00 PM
    Takes three presses. Click on the contacts name. Then click on open. Then click on the number you wish to dial. Three seconds quick enough :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 08:00 PM
    Open a BBM chat and in the upper right corner will be grey or green phone icon. Touch the icon when its green and a call is made, touch the icon when its grey and the other person cannot take a BBM call.

Is this what you are looking for?
    ^this

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    04-01-14 08:02 PM
    Thanks for all the advice.
    I know that you can do it with a few steps, but it is just a quick one-two, within a text message contact. Would have thought that BlackBerry Messenger would of incorporated it within their own system.
    Didn't know what the green phone symbol was in the corner, but will try that now too, thanks again.

John, via CB10 on my Z30
    04-02-14 03:57 PM
    Just checked the green icon in the upper right corner within a bbm chat. For me it looks like a "text message icon" and when tapped it opens to reveal either BBM Voice or BBM Video, all I want to do is make a simple phone call.

John, via CB10 on my Z30
    04-02-14 04:08 PM