02-07-14 05:53 PM
    Ya, cause BBM spam never happens, right?
    02-07-14 05:55 PM
    Ya, cause BBM spam never happens, right?
    Ya I agree Bla1ze....but I have never seen it to the extent if what is going on kik. IMO far more secure.

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    02-07-14 06:11 PM
    How ever not so secure when you're blasting your pin on twitter...these kids are crazy.man I feel old saying that.

02-07-14 06:13 PM
    How ever not so secure when you're blasting your pin on twitter...these kids are crazy.man I feel old saying that.

That's the more important lesson here. Don't share your PIN and don't share your phone number in public places.
    Carjackd and angieberry10 like this.
    02-07-14 06:21 PM
    That's the more important lesson here. Don't share your PIN and don't share your phone number in public places.
    Well, to be fair, they simply brute force the PINs and send messages to everyone.
    I've gotten at least 2 messages saying I've won something in Malaysia. (Im in Canada).

It is however less explicit because you cannot receive PIN messages with pictures. (At least I don't think so)
    02-07-14 08:00 PM
    Why are people even worried about receiving some PIN message?
    02-07-14 08:41 PM
    Kik is so easy to spam.. just randomly type a user name and you will find a user.

I used to get these group chats from teenagers, it was so hard to deal with these people. The only way to get rid of it was to just uninstall the app.

It definitely is a very bad platform for teenagers. Parents should just ban that app on their children.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 08:47 PM
    And that was my point with BBM being more secure. Nevertheless, it's crazy...when Bbm was released cross platform twitter was filled with kids posting their pins with tweets "add me on BBM.

They are teaching it in school starting in grade 3 here, but you gotta teach Internet smarts at home too.

I think the above post is correct that there is spam on BBM but no biggie and I think the infiltration of snap chat a couple weeks ago was proof of what I have said for quite sometime " you don't want a third party app to have your phone number ". Get back to me about that when someone hacks BBM and gets everyone's personal information. It's not going to happen.

02-07-14 09:12 PM
    Why my 13 yrs old is not allowed to have a phone even though she is the only one is her class that doesn't have one and I'm the strictest Mum ever lol. When I was a kid you had to be brave enough to go through the parents to get to the kids and there weren't phone calls coming into the house at all hours of the night. It was a privilege to get a phone in my bedroom, and before that, all my conversations were held in the kitchen with zero privacy. I know I can't hold my daughter back forever- but hopefully for a little bit longer.

Posted with a smile...and a Q10
    02-07-14 11:44 PM