I commented (and complained) MASSIVELY on the BBM on iOS threads. For a very very long time, BBM on iOS was a bad joke, and I am sure that BB lost WAY more users by this incredibly weak implementation than it won back for the platform.

However, nowadays BBM on iOS seems to be a little more stable (although still not really "good"), and as I do have 2 friends who use a Windows phone, I convinced them to install right after BBM on WP was released. One has a Lumia 920, the other one a 925, both on the latest OS and BBM versions.

After some intense testing over several weeks with both friends, I have to say, that BBM on WP8 is an incredible piece of '***you know what***', and even worse than iOS ever was, imho. I'm sick & tired of hopelessly testing faulty BBM implementations on various platforms, and never ever getting any feedback nor quick reaction (in terms of fixes) from BB (and yes, I'm also posting in the BB forums to report bugs). Therefore I'm just listing the issues that BBM on WP has here, without further commenting it, to chase up BB to take quick action (naive and overly optimistic hope). And please, nobody tell me that my friends had/have bad network, which was definitely not the case:

• in the beginning of a conversation, sometimes everything seems fine. Blue Ds, green Rs, OK-ish performance, etc.
    • later, suddenly messages stuck with D. Receiver reads (although not having received notification), D never turns into R.
    • later, messages suddenly stuck with grey check mark. Receiver doesn't get notification.
    • We wait for days. Messages still on grey. No notification for receiver. Yes settings for notifications are on.
    • We talk. Receiver opens BBM, reads all messages . Message 1 & 2 which were on grey, turn green. Message 3 stays on grey. Message 4 turns green. Receiver has received AND read message 3, but it never turns green, even after hours of waiting.
    • Basically, in 8 out of 10 cases, receiver never gets notified. Messages stay on grey or blue, even if he reads them.
    • We also experienced that some messages did not arrive at all, although we were in exactly the identical environment and didn't move, and although the previous AND subsequent messages arrived.

BBM, in its current implementation, is a useless piece of garbage, which willl continue the good old BBM tradition of scaring potential new users away from all BB products.
    I congratulate all those users in advance who are ready to tell me that they don't have problems. But that doesn't help. It just dosn't work for me & my friends.
    02-20-15 06:42 AM
    Tell us how you really feel! LOL (And YES I edited the title slightly, to indicate that this was your opinion and that the product doesn't work correctly, it would be false to say it doesn't work)
    03-06-15 07:51 AM
    I feel you! The BBM team needs to get FIRED! But no one will listen!

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 07:54 PM
    WP version of BBM is as close as you can get as platform native experience, right there with BB10 version. iOS got better with the latest update although icons are too small while Android still acts and looks like a BlackBerry port.

Im surprised how well they understood the UX/UI principles of WP and implemented them properly. iOS is half way there and Android needs a complete overhaul like now.
    03-08-15 11:24 AM
    WP version of BBM is as close as you can get as platform native experience, right there with BB10 version. iOS got better with the latest update although icons are too small while Android still acts and looks like a BlackBerry port.

Im surprised how well they understood the UX/UI principles of WP and implemented them properly. iOS is half way there and Android needs a complete overhaul like now.
    The Android version is a joke! They need to get rid of the black bottom bar and give it a lollipop Android feeling to it with colors and design but like I said, they don't care as long as they're getting money from BBM

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 12:15 PM
    The Android version is a joke! They need to get rid of the black bottom bar and give it a lollipop Android feeling to it with colors and design but like I said, they don't care as long as they're getting money from BBM

Posted via CB10
    What money are they getting from BBM? Even if a person doesn't uninstall it after testing and finding out it sucks?
    03-08-15 12:19 PM
    BBM on WP just don't work. Period. Ate least on my Lumia 630. Never worked properly and it's a shame nobody on BlackBerry cares about it. It would be better to do not have it at all as it is it serves only to give BBM bad name. Shame.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and gnirkatto like this.
    03-08-15 01:33 PM
    What money are they getting from BBM? Even if a person doesn't uninstall it after testing and finding out it sucks?
    They are currently getting more money from BBM than WhatsApp is getting from all the users it has

Sticker, ads, special pin, ads remover

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 04:01 PM
    How many of you are part of the BBM beta?

I ask this as a new beta version has been released that might fix some of the issues, it also adds channels. Seems to be much more stable than the official release as well.
    Nankom likes this.
    03-30-15 12:28 PM
    How many of you are part of the BBM beta?

I ask this as a new beta version has been released that might fix some of the issues, it also adds channels. Seems to be much more stable than the official release as well.
    When has that been released?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 04:53 AM
    Where can I report problems of the WP BBM app if I'm not part of the Beta one? I use the app everyday and have tons of things to report, I have in the Windows Store but the developers seem to ignore that part of the system xD
    03-31-15 11:33 PM
    Just write it down here, they will read it. They never respond, and fixes may take forever or they may even never arrive, but at least the issues will be made public and the pressure gets bigger.

Posted via CB10
    Nankom likes this.
    04-01-15 04:34 AM
    When has that been released?

Posted via CB10
    If you are part of the beta then you'll get an email when a new beta build is available. Unless you're part of the beta then you won't be able to use it.
    05-28-15 10:19 AM
    If you are part of the beta then you'll get an email when a new beta build is available. Unless you're part of the beta then you won't be able to use it.
    They added channels and didn't add voice calls.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 04:02 AM
    No voice calls is a big no go.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 02:32 AM