If you have ever used whatsapp, you'd notice that they have an explainer at the start up explaining why they don't use ads. In light of recent news regarding Whatsapp and how they are handling user data and privacy I figure BlackBerry should incorporate a splash screen on why they DO use ads and sell subscriptions. I'm basically picturing that they could highlight that they do so because they don't believe in you being the product and paying with your data. I won't elaborate too much, but I'm sure someone in corporate could write up something.

If BlackBerry needs to make revenue from BBM then they could at least give users a nice write up explaining why they're doing so. It might lead to less resentment and help drive a company brand narrative, linking BlackBerry with privacy, etc.

For the record there's a lot of things I think they'd need to do to really make BBM really competitive, but what do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    08-26-16 12:50 AM
    Sure; why not? The number of people who understand the basic principles of economics seems bounded from above by 5 these days, so consider it a public service announcement.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    CDM76 and app_Developer like this.
    08-26-16 05:38 AM
    Definitely a good idea!!

Posted via CB10
    08-29-16 12:34 AM
    Idea sounds good!
    Should be included as the One among many changes or additions to be done!

Posted via CB10
    08-29-16 01:58 AM
    The problem is, most people don't care. They haven't even checked their app permissions. As for myself I do care and the data mining bothers me intensely but I seem to be rather alone. I can refuse to use Facebook and Whatsapp but they don't need me when basically everyone else is giving them all the information they need, including data about me. How is my life better than the others??

Behold, my thumbs have spoken.
    10-14-16 03:51 PM