I'm not sure when it happened, but suddenly i have a lot of people in my bbm contact list that should not be there. These are people I know and they likely have a blackberry ID. So it seems to me that Blackberry is invading my privacy by scanning my contact list and telling me and other people that I may be on BBM. When Kik did that we were all up in arms, at least Kik asked you. Now blackberry is letting everyone in my contact list who has a BBM account that I do to. It does not bother me that they know, they know anyways, but Blackberry should not do that.

All these Contacts clutter my list when i want to share something. Lets be clear, if I did not invite someone (or they me ) to connect on BBM I would never send anything to them on BBM. I would call, email, txt whatever way I communicate with them. The other issue is that Blackberry keeps BBM ID's alive, even though I know some of these people have not had BBM running on a machine in years.

I would like to remove these from my BBM contact list and the only option Blackberry offers is to delete and block. I do not want to block, these people just should not be there. I am Blackberry fan, I've been pushing everyone I know to Blackberry and BBM, but this just pisses me off. BBM will no longer be getting the seal of approval from me anymore, how can you be a trusted provider if you don't respects peoples privacy.

I can live with the stupid things like stickers (really for little kids) but do not breach my privacy blackberry
    08-15-15 06:47 PM
    Did you happen to just switch to another BlackBerry? If so, restart your device DO NOT OPEN BBM, you'll get a notification offering you to switch BBM.

That should correct it (if you did happen to switch BlackBerry devices). I had a similar issue, hence my response.
    08-15-15 08:14 PM
    OP, this is a recently new feature whereby people you have in your contacts whose email address is a BlackBerry ID are listed as "Contacts" at the bottom of your BBM Contacts list.

It's really no different to what BlackBerry have been doing in the "Invite to Download" list when you go to Invite someone in BBM, they are just displaying the names in your BBM Contacts list instead. Additionally you can have a basic chat with them if they have BBM installed without you having to add them to your proper BBM Contacts as long as you initiate the chat.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.2.2204 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.5.6
    miker476 likes this.
    08-22-15 07:09 PM