Hi,

Almost more than 4 months I'm waiting for such an update which will bring back the missing features in BBM!!

And no one response for us

(((Missing features )))
    -Functionality of the PING!!! (Vibration and different sound)
    -Inserting smiles while typing a broadcast
    -sending a broadcast to specific categories

@MichaelClewley replied for the functionality of the PING!!!, "it's coming"

No update for BB10 while IOS and Android had it in 72hr-img_00000675.png

Till when we have to wait?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 07:32 PM
    There are already more installs of BBM on iOS and Android than there are BB10 users.
    10-24-13 07:34 PM
    I too am waiting on the beta app to be updated, I am sticking to what's officially available on 10.2 for now, as much as I love channels but there are just bugs that need ironing out. Moved thread to BBM Chat
    10-24-13 07:36 PM
    There are already more installs of BBM on iOS and Android than there are BB10 users.
    Does it mean that, they will give no response for us any more?!!

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 07:46 PM
    No, I'm not saying that. It's just that updating the iOS and Android apps affects more than 20 million people, and that's after only 2 days. Updates to BB10 affect only a small fraction of that number.

BlackBerry's BBM team is now like any other app developer, they will naturally give priority to the apps with the most users.
    10-24-13 07:49 PM
    It's frustrating how BlackBerry are looking after BBM users on Android and iOS before their loyal customers who actually paid to use BBM
    mossa210, h20work and devin266 like this.
    10-24-13 07:50 PM
    Tough, but as A_D points out, with regards to BBM, they have more customers off-platform than on BB10 at the moment. Numbers dictate development.

If it makes people feel better, Google has hit iOS users with apps and tweaks before dropping it for its own platform a time or two.
    h20work likes this.
    10-24-13 07:53 PM
    Missing features? We have screen share, voice and video, ios and android don't

Posted from my Z10
    10-24-13 07:58 PM
    No, I'm not saying that. It's just that updating the iOS and Android apps affects more than 20 million people, and that's after only 2 days. Updates to BB10 affect only a small fraction of that number.

BlackBerry's BBM team is now like any other app developer, they will naturally give priority to the apps with the most users.
    It's more than 4 months we are waiting for that

And if the BlackBerry Teams ignoring thier devices users
    We shouldn't blame Google why we don't have an official Youtube app for BlackBerry users and instagram even

Posted via CB10
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    10-24-13 08:00 PM
    Yeah bring back the copy and paste like in legacy device within bbm

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 08:03 PM

Posted from my Z10
    Yes you're right
    But we still missing features

Since
    Android users have the ping functionality and they could insert smiles while typing (we're not)

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 08:06 PM
    It's more than 4 months we are waiting for that

And if the BlackBerry Teams ignoring thier devices users
    We shouldn't blame Google why we don't have an official Youtube app for BlackBerry users and instagram even
    I don't blame Google or the IG team at all. Most engineering teams have more work in their backlog than they can do, so they have to prioritize. And like any rational team, they focus on the fixes and features which have the biggest impact.

I expect nothing different from the BBM team over time.

It's no different on my own team. We're working on an app for our higher end customers in the US. 70% of those high end customers are on iOS. So they get most of our attention and effort, followed by the 25% on ICS/JB. There are only so many engineers and so many hours in the week.
    10-24-13 08:11 PM
    Well, if they have neglected the recently joined iOS and Android BBM users, then effectlively BBM4ALL is a fail. So they need to hit the iron while it's hot and get this ironed out. Gain the traction there.

From what I have experienced, despite missing a few features. Even on a leaked 10.2 the BBM we had was way more polished than what the other platforms are experiencing. In addition to that, looking at the big picture BBM needs to go on Windows Phone as well for PCs and Macs.

I think it's fair to say they are currently tight. Hope there is another iOS update coming, you cant access contacts on it. It auto crashes. Previously was receiving images. Android's BBM seems better, but they keyboard takes almost half the screen.

They need to get people to switch and stay. Because once the curve to switch becomes steep you automatically lose people. Most people give me the answer of "I have Whatsapp, why do I need BBM". Despite telling them the difference and security benefits. It ain't enough if it isn't convenient.
    10-24-13 08:31 PM
    If BBM is going to survive or grow to its potential, bb needed to push this fix. I for one, am glad they responded so quickly, better than doing nothing and confirming in the eyes of many, all of the negative things have read about for the last several years.

If BlackBerry is going to turn things around, they have to start reversing perception and this is as good a place to start as any.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 08:31 PM
    Are you frickin kidding me? Honestly who cares if your ping vibrates or not. There are bigger priorities at hand:
    What about the crappy 6mb file transfer limit? I have been telling them for years and also the ability to share a file (not only voicenotes.. WTF?) in a 3 or more people conversation.
    R Field and Pete The Penguin like this.
    10-24-13 08:35 PM

Posted from my Z10
    Which is soooooo incredibly useful, when 97-98% of the mobile smartphone market doesn't use BB10.
    In other words, statistically speaking of 100 persons, 3 have a BB10 device.

Out of these 3, the probability that all of them are so interesting and awesome that you want to use these features with them, is very small.
    It's therefore not false to say that we have these features as a BB10 user, but it's also correct to say that they are rather very useless, just because the potential userbase is extremely small.

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent likes this.
    10-24-13 08:42 PM
    Not trying to change the topic, if BB is sold out and the users are far less than Android or IOS then they might stop supporting us. Look at Z10, its already out dated, no Wifi calling, no USB on the go, no Miracast.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 08:46 PM
    Not trying to change the topic, if BB is sold out and the users are far less than Android or IOS then they might stop supporting us. Look at Z10, its already out dated, no Wifi calling, no USB on the go, no Miracast.
    Misinformation...there is wifi calling if your carrier supports it.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 08:49 PM
    Are you frickin kidding me? Honestly who cares if your ping vibrates or not. There are bigger priorities at hand:
    What about the crappy 6mb file transfer limit? I have been telling them for years and also the ability to share a file (not only voicenotes.. WTF?) in a 3 or more people conversation.
    you do realize not vibrating on Ping defeats the entire purpose of it right?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 08:58 PM
    Quick off topic question. I'm one of those new BBM for IOS users. I can't seem to send a video to BBM contacts. Am missing something?
    10-24-13 09:03 PM
    You have to know that most of the people in my region(middle east) buying BlackBerry device for these features in BBM and in another words, they're using BlackBerry for the BBM only!!

A lot of people here in middle east and specially in Gulf areas staying in 9900 because of these missing and some of theme they tried the Z10 and went back again to 9900

It seams that you don't know what is the functionality of PING!!!

Posted via CB10
    mcguire_michael and cwalt2166 like this.
    10-24-13 09:12 PM
    Thank you. I thought Z10 has no support for wifi-calling, sorry about the mis info.

Misinformation...there is wifi calling if your carrier supports it.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 09:32 PM
    I sense a update coming though, have a feeling they were waiting on 10.2

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 09:56 PM
    I sense a update coming though, have a feeling they were waiting on 10.2

Posted via CB10
    You're usually right man!

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 09:59 PM
    i have PING on bbm and it works on the new official 10.2 update...
    10-24-13 11:26 PM
45 12