Hi, I just downloaded the BBM iOS app at midnight in India. Works fine but I am unable to restore the old contact list on my iPhone. It signed in my old BB ID fine but didn't restore any of my old contacts. Can anyone help?
    09-22-13 10:27 AM
    Once i added my email it restored all my old contacts automatically
    09-22-13 10:33 AM
    Hi, I just downloaded the BBM iOS app at midnight in India. Works fine but I am unable to restore the old contact list on my iPhone. It signed in my old BB ID fine but didn't restore any of my old contacts. Can anyone help?
    Welcome both of you! We're glad to know you iOS guys are using BBM!

So, OP, back when you had a BlackBerry, was BBM already integrated with the BBID? BBID system came out a while before BBM could talk to it, so it is possible that your BBID never really got that info at all.

Even people on the latest Bold (99x0) had such issues, as not everybody upgraded BBM then.

If you have a backup from that phone (with your BBM contact list), borrow a BlackBerry,sign in with your current BBID, load the backup on it, get the latest BBM, let it sit for an hour and then move back to the iPhone. That should do the trick!
    09-22-13 10:41 AM
    I had backed up all my contact list on my gmail id on my old 9900. This was nearly a year and a half ago. I always able to restore contacts on whenever I switched from Curve to Bold before that but on my iPhone its not restoring.
    09-22-13 10:46 AM
    Just deleted the app and re-installed it. Signed in with my BB ID but nothing happened.
    09-22-13 10:56 AM
    To be honest I had 4 contact on my Z10 and I end up deleting those 4 and then re-adding them 2 of then I added again, and 2 of them no longer had Bbm, but as soon as I did that 3 new iPhone users sent me their pin so I can add them. So now I have 5 contacts, which is one more than I originally had but the 3 contacts I added are new and haven't been on my list in at least 2 years.

My opinion is start building your contacts from scratch, it's honestly your best bet to make sure all your contacts are actually using Bbm and it doesn't fragment your experience.

Just my opinion though. I just like being able to know that all of my contacts are alive and I can text and get a response.

Posted via CB10
    freemindco likes this.
    09-22-13 12:04 PM
    I had backed up all my contact list on my gmail id on my old 9900. This was nearly a year and a half ago. I always able to restore contacts on whenever I switched from Curve to Bold before that but on my iPhone its not restoring.
    Well, that answers it. The backup to email was a solution used prior to BBIDs and it is not compatible with the newest releases of BBM.

You can still do what I suggested though.

Posted via CB10
    freemindco likes this.
    09-23-13 12:21 AM
    hey can i ask something. before this, i had use BB Torch 9800. and my phone had lost. now i want to install BBM in my iPhone. i just cant restored my contact. i've sign in with my previous BB ID. can anyone help me?
    11-19-13 06:44 AM
    hey can i ask something. before this, i had use BB Torch 9800. and my phone had lost. now i want to install BBM in my iPhone. i just cant restored my contact. i've sign in with my previous BB ID. can anyone help me?
    Welcome to the forums!

Like I said before, if your previous phone was not on the right version of BBM, then the contacts never got stored on the BBID and there isn't much you can do but contacting people and adding manually or sending invitations again.

On that, http://bbm.com/share can help you.
    11-19-13 06:11 PM
    Can we transfer BB Z10 existing BBM contacts to Iphone 5?
    12-04-13 02:47 AM
    Hey were u able to transfer ur old bbm contact list on ur iPhone?

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 03:21 AM
    Actually, there are two ways to restore lost contacts of iPhone, one is from the iTunes backup files, another one is recover them directly from the iPhone with the help of iPhone Contacts Recovery software, since you are wondering about the way without the using of iTunes backup, you can choose a kind of iPhone Contacts Recovery software to recover your contacts in a few steps and it is very easy and fast, you can have a try!
    Hi, if i'm not mistaken, what @Mikail86 means is BBM Contacts list.
    And you are referring to "iPhone's Contacts". Correct me if i'm wrong.

iPhone (phone) contacts is saved/back up either on iCloud (using Apple ID) or on your computer via iTunes.

BBM Contacts is back up either using emails (remotely) or in Our Blackberry device (locally) as a file.

Thats two different things.

In this case i think @Diegonei has explained the right thing.
    I'm having the same issue on my iPhone. No BBM contacts restored with my BBID. BUT, my girlfriend successfully restored BBM contacts on her Samsung Note 2 Android
    12-27-13 09:18 AM
    And somehow, you guys missed the point, which was BBM contacts.
    01-14-14 11:02 AM
    Closing the spam back door!
    Elite1 likes this.
    04-09-14 02:47 PM