11-08-14 08:23 PM
161 ... 567
tools
    On iOS 8. I bought an iPad a few days ago and installed bbm, with a new bb id, so now I can send myself messages from bb10 to iOS and back, for testing purposes. iPad is on iOS 8.
    Yesterday everything went fine, and notifications and messages appeared on the iPad instantly.
    Just a few minutes ago I sent a few new message to the iPad. No lock screen notification. No notification on the bbm icon. After opening bbm, the messages appeared about 2 seconds later in the chat window.

So no, the problem did not get fixed in iOS 8.

By the way, the bbm app looks totally embarrassing on an iPad. Like a Stone Age app, and the keyboard! Omg! First I thought that a low resolution JPEG showed on the screen.

It's really a shame that bb offers such a pathetic experience to iOS users. They will remember that for a long long time.
    09-20-14 04:54 AM
    To be fair, and totally correct, the messages that I sent that did not get any notification were channel invitations. Regular bbm messages still seem to generate notifications almost instantly.

However, channel invitations usually show as regular bbm messages, so I don't know why this should make a difference.
    09-20-14 05:21 AM
    Ok, more thorough testing:

Bbm on iOS NOT running in the background:
    Channel invitation does not generate any notification.
    Regular bbm message sent after channel invite generates notification instantly.
    When opening message on iOS, channel invite shows as previous message in the same chat as the regular message that generated notifications.

Bbm on iOS running in the background, same scenario as before:
    BOTH channel invite and regular message generate notifications instantly.

Bbm bug !
    09-20-14 06:16 AM
    WhatsApp suffered some of the same issues in the earlier versions on ios. They seem to I have gotten around that now apparently, I don't use it anymore.

I don't believe these issues are purely BBM issues, but also with ios.

I do however think there is a disconnect on BBM and BBM ID. I've seen messages sent to ios that don't deliver until the app is re-opened and seemingly connects back with the BBM service.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 06:30 AM
    WhatsApp suffered some of the same issues in the earlier versions on ios. They seem to I have gotten around that now apparently, I don't use it anymore.

I don't believe these issues are purely BBM issues, but also with ios.

I do however think there is a disconnect on BBM and BBM ID. I've seen messages sent to ios that don't deliver until the app is re-opened and seemingly connects back with the BBM service.

Posted via CB10
    Whatsapp had some initial issues. But obviously they invested in competent coders that have had it running reliably for quite some time now. I never have Whatsapp issues except in rare cases when it us completely down. But at least then, you know it's down.

With XBBM, after a year now, you just never know. BlackBerry obviously does not have competent programmers on BBM.

To this day I still often have to ping friends via Whatsapp to ask if they've seen my BBM messages. I've NEVER had to do the opposite.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 07:50 AM
    Gosh, I've should googling first before I bought Iphone 5. I don't know what or where is the problem. Yes, the BBM was always late, very late appeared on my Iphone 5c. My friends sent the BBMsg to me on sunday, and I were receiving on monday afternoon, I thought there some problems on my provider, and I was having a positive thought. The next day, next day, almost 4 months, I bought this phone on July 2014, still in good shape's. And now...I don't understand, I've tried to put in my sim-car onto my android phones, and...android has a quick response's, texting, sent, received. Darn...There's nothing wrong with my sim-card/my provider.

I changed it again to my Iphone 5c, and baams....I've tested with my othre andro phones, and my old BB phone...the messages were sent, but...just nothing on Iphone 5c, waiting..waiting....almost 3 hours, I opened my Iphone 5c, slides it, entered my lock code..and PLUNK!!! the message that I sent 3 hours ago, showed up....do I have to this to received BBmsg on my Iphone.

My Iphone 5c on my hand the signal were full, 3G...and I put it in my shirt pocket, and take a ride with my motorcycle, and I stop to called my friend..WOOWW....the signal turned into EDGE....god...I'm helpless...

Almost 5 months now...this matter or this big problems still continue...Where is the problem exactly?On Iphone 5c or the BB servers?as I know, RIM has a different servers for each O.S phones, I=android, II=Iphone, III=Windows IV=BB....

BBM only got 2 stars review on Iphone Apps. Sucks!
    09-27-14 09:19 AM
    Whatsapp had some initial issues. But obviously they invested in competent coders that have had it running reliably for quite some time now. I never have Whatsapp issues except in rare cases when it us completely down. But at least then, you know it's down.

With XBBM, after a year now, you just never know. BlackBerry obviously does not have competent programmers on BBM.

To this day I still often have to ping friends via Whatsapp to ask if they've seen my BBM messages. I've NEVER had to do the opposite.

Posted via CB10
    Loool "competent". I've always thought that it couldn't be that difficult but I'm not on their team so MEH

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 03:10 PM
    Gosh, I've should googling first before I bought Iphone 5. I don't know what or where is the problem. Yes, the BBM was always late, very late appeared on my Iphone 5c. My friends sent the BBMsg to me on sunday, and I were receiving on monday afternoon, I thought there some problems on my provider, and I was having a positive thought. The next day, next day, almost 4 months, I bought this phone on July 2014, still in good shape's. And now...I don't understand, I've tried to put in my sim-car onto my android phones, and...android has a quick response's, texting, sent, received. Darn...There's nothing wrong with my sim-card/my provider.

I changed it again to my Iphone 5c, and baams....I've tested with my othre andro phones, and my old BB phone...the messages were sent, but...just nothing on Iphone 5c, waiting..waiting....almost 3 hours, I opened my Iphone 5c, slides it, entered my lock code..and PLUNK!!! the message that I sent 3 hours ago, showed up....do I have to this to received BBmsg on my Iphone.

My Iphone 5c on my hand the signal were full, 3G...and I put it in my shirt pocket, and take a ride with my motorcycle, and I stop to called my friend..WOOWW....the signal turned into EDGE....god...I'm helpless...

Almost 5 months now...this matter or this big problems still continue...Where is the problem exactly?On Iphone 5c or the BB servers?as I know, RIM has a different servers for each O.S phones, I=android, II=Iphone, III=Windows IV=BB....

BBM only got 2 stars review on Iphone Apps. Sucks!
    Maybe Apple is playing dirty and trying to make their competition look bad........ or maybe it's BlackBerry problem. hard to tell honestly

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 03:41 PM
    Have to say Bbm between bbz30 and ip5 has worked well for a few weeks now for our group at work

Storm to curve 9360 to z10 to z30
    10-08-14 12:09 PM
    This problem has become worse on my iPhone 5s, running both the latest BBM version 2.4.1.35 and iOS 8.1.

I installed BBM on an old iPhone 4s for observation and the problem doesn't seem to be as common as on my 5s. Although still problematic on the 4s, this issue is worse on the 5s
    10-29-14 09:37 AM
    Just make sure all the notification are turned on, and the background app refresh for BBM turned on. I never have a problem with BBM on my iPad since Feb '14. It always arrive on my iPad almost at the same time with me pressing send/enter on my Z10 (not faster than my own shadow though).

Posted via CB10 on my amazing Z10
    11-08-14 08:23 PM
161 ... 567