11-08-14 08:23 PM
161 12345 ...
tools
    Not sure if this will work, but do they have the most recent update running on their phone? Also turning off the iPhone to reset it can help.

Posted via CB10
    As stated in my post they both are on the latest version.
    As so many other iOS users (basically ALL my iOS BBM friends, not only the 2 I wrote about, and many here on CB (or their iOS BBM friends respectively)) complain about the same problems, I don't think it's a question of bad handling or turning the phone off/on. I just think that BBM for iOS was designed badly, and that they are lacking the resources and/or the skills for proper iOS programming. Why else would they NOT fix a bug, that almost everybody complains about, that makes many iOS users abandon the app after trying it out, that is present since V1, and that is still present after they released several newer versions?
    06-21-14 07:27 PM
    Excellent point

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 09:28 PM
    The only two IPhone users I could convince to install BBM on their phones were experiencing the exact same problems. Both of them did not want to continue using BBM.

Until today I thought these were exceptions but unfortunately it seems to be a bigger problem.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 03:32 PM
    Got this from WWBlondieDo. It should help.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 08:13 PM
    That is probably going to help my friends. Now if the bloody messages will just send to iPhone when I send them from BlackBerry.

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    06-23-14 08:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't open for me, what is it?
    06-24-14 01:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks.
    I spent days of my life to make sure my iOS BBM friends have these settings right.
    It still doesn't work reliably.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 04:29 AM
    Ask him to check his iOS Settings->Notification Center->BBM and be sure Alert Style is not None etc...
    06-25-14 03:19 PM
    Ask him to check his iOS Settings->Notification Center->BBM and be sure Alert Style is not None etc...
    Thanks.
    This is exactly what the previous post was about.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 06:02 PM
    With all due respect for BB people trying hard to improve this, and so on and so forth. But the situation is simply unacceptable. Since more than 6 months now.

As per today, I have 3 (!) sent messages (for iOS BBM users) in my BBM "outbox", all with a "D".
    I sent the oldest one 5 days ago, the youngest one 2 days ago.

Today I contacted all 3 users through different communication methods, to ask them why they didn't respond to me.
    The answer was ALWAYS "oh, I didn't know you sent me a message - I must have overlooked the lockscreen info, and there was no notification on my BBM icon".

Dear hard working BB people. I understand your challenges. Your job is not easy, nor is technology. BUt this is just impossible! You have a product out since more than 6 months, THAT DOES NOT FULFIL IT's MAIN PURPOSE! No more excuses please! WHatsapp does that, without a problem!
    Blomsternisse likes this.
    06-27-14 09:27 AM
    Oh yes, and one other BBM issue that is on since the release of BBMx.
    I just sent a 25kb image to a friend.
    Within the BBM app, it says "image is being sent".
    Within the hub, it says (after a longish waiting periond) "image sent".

So what now?
    Why are there different statuses in the app and in the hub?
    Why can I never determine reliably if an image was sent ?
    Why do you still NOT support Ds and Rs for images?

Oh yes, I called the guy, after an hour or so, and in fact he did receive the image, while the status in the app was still on "image is being sent".
    06-27-14 09:35 AM
    My brother just updated to iOS 7.1.2 and now we BBM as though it were BlackBerry to BlackBerry.

I'm going to get more extended family to update and see if this pattern holds or if it's just a short run of good luck...

Download Noted, my 5-star rated, native BB10 notepad app.
    bobo616 likes this.
    06-30-14 05:53 PM
    My brother just updated to iOS 7.1.2 and now we BBM as though it were BlackBerry to BlackBerry.

I'm going to get more extended family to update and see if this pattern holds or if it's just a short run of good luck...

Hopefully this will work for my friends as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 03:07 AM
    I think I jumped the gun. Service to iOS devices has taken a nosedive again for me.

07-01-14 09:35 PM
    My friend updated last night and it seemed to be working but I am sceptical if it will last.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 03:00 AM
    At least 2 of my iOS BBM friends upgraded, and the situation is unchanged.
    Messages that I sent them were "D"'d, but none of them responded, as they didn't get notified on the BBM icon. I just called them both to verify that.

BBM is useless in its current state. Sorry hard working BB people, but this is fact. Maybe you should hire a capable WHatsapp developer, to get the skills of how to do that properly into the company.
    Blomsternisse likes this.
    07-02-14 09:31 AM
    I think I posted that in the wrond thread, sorry.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...l#post10557311
    07-06-14 11:51 AM
    The iOS BBM friend who I met yesterday just called me.
    He, myself and another friend of ours are in a BBM group.
    On last thursday, this other friend posted an image in this group. I received it instantly, I think.
    My iOs friend received notification NOW, on sunday, with a delay of 3 days, despite us doing all this testing with BBM yesterday evening (so BBM was definitely running several times).

Next bug: group message not delivered to iOS, or user not notified, regardless of BBM running or not.
    07-06-14 11:57 AM
    It would be nice if BlackBerry acknowledged there was an issue and they were working on it as currently according to them everything is fine.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 03:28 AM
    I wonder if the new editor bla1ze could reach out to them?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 03:30 AM
    I have no hopes.
    As far as I remember, they never acknowledged bugs.
    Even worse, if then a new version arrives that contains a fix for a particular bug, it's not being said that this very bug got fixed in this version. Because that would be a retroactive acknowledgement that this bug even existed.

I almost understand that. Finding and fixing a bug can be tricky. In the beginning, you might not know where the respective piece of code might be. Then, you often cannot be sure if you will be able to fix the bug in - let's say - 3 weeks or 3 months. Therefore companies are often very reluctant with making firm statements.

What I'm criticizing heavily abut this very problem is the INABILITY of BB's to fix this in more than 8 months.
    Entering a new platform, while not having the right skills on board, is not very professional, but may happen. However, it is absolutely unacceptable, to not being able to determine the root cause (meaning the cause for why I'm not able to fix it) and to eliminate what stands in the way, in such a long time, for a product that is still considered as strategic, and that affects so many people.

Besides the fact that it is now proven that BB is lacking the skills for proper iOS programming, it is now also clear that they failed in addressing these skills problems internally, while apparently ignoring the fact to daily losing many iOS BBM users (not installers!) on a global scale, deeply frustrating and embarrassing faithful long term BB/BBM users like myself, and by that creating severe and partly irreparable damage to the product and to the brand.

While re-reading what I just wrote, I'm starting to believe that this is most likely more of a management problem than a problem of the group of developers, who, I'm sure, try to do their best. So somebody relevant at BB needs to become aware of that internal management problem, and clean up the mess.

Maybe this is what somebody with BB insider contacts might be able to help with.
    Biowulf likes this.
    07-07-14 05:36 AM
    I tweeted Michael clewley but no response.

Posted via CB10
    Carterbits likes this.
    07-08-14 02:46 AM
    07-08-14 08:42 AM
    Looks like we should be tweeting @gadway

Clewley replied to my tweet pointing me to Jeff Gadway.

07-08-14 08:47 AM
    I don't know who this is but will tweet him a link to this thread. Thanks.
    07-08-14 09:54 AM
161 12345 ...