There are a number of bugs with BBM for iPhone currently:

- When device is sleeping and message is received, sometimes the screen will wake up but messages will not be displayed.
    - When device is awake and message is received, sometimes a badge won't be displayed on the BBM icon
    - When device is awake or sleeping and message is received, selecting new message from drop down notification or notification shade won't open new message, just brings you to the chat list where you see old messages. Takes a while to load.

There's a lot little issues right now. Use to work golden before though...
    05-06-14 08:59 PM
    There are a number of bugs with BBM for iPhone currently:

- When device is sleeping and message is received, sometimes the screen will wake up but messages will not be displayed.
    - When device is awake and message is received, sometimes a badge won't be displayed on the BBM icon
    - When device is awake or sleeping and message is received, selecting new message from drop down notification or notification shade won't open new message, just brings you to the chat list where you see old messages. Takes a while to load.

There's a lot little issues right now. Use to work golden before though...
    These sound like the issues my friend is having.
    05-07-14 12:27 AM
    I've been travelling with another family where he has an iphone and she an S3. I have "instructed" that we'll communicate via BBM
    There were so many undelivered messages from my Q10 to their phones...it looked like sometimes it depended whether wifi was on or off (weak wifi in hotel room)...disapponting as it's anything but reliable...

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 05:08 AM
    I'm having the same problem - a friend on a Galaxy S3 sometimes only receives the last in a series of messages, though my phone shows all the messages as Delivered and Read. Also, she doesn't get notifications if the app isn't open.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 09:58 PM
    I'm having the same problem - a friend on a Galaxy S3 sometimes only receives the last in a series of messages, though my phone shows all the messages as Delivered and Read. Also, she doesn't get notifications if the app isn't open.

Posted via CB10
    Do they have the persistent bbm icon on their status bar? If they disabled it, messages may not always be delivered.
    05-10-14 09:46 AM
    I'm having issues with my wife's iPhone not getting alerts from my messages on bbm too this really sucks! She's going back to whatsapp more often and I keep insisting I don't check on that app so she is forced to bbm me, but other family members on a bbm group have also complained about issues on iOS and now created a group in whatsapp as backup.. bbm's momentum has started to slow down imo...

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 08:55 PM
    Do they have the persistent bbm icon on their status bar? If they disabled it, messages may not always be delivered.
    She does have the icon when the app is open, but she eventually closes the app because it drains her battery. When she reopens it later she'll see a bunch of blank space, followed by my last message in a series. Eventually the other messages will appear, but usually long after.

So if they could address the app needing to remain open that seems like the main problem. Not sure if it's possible on Android.
    05-15-14 04:39 PM
    3 different users on 3 different types of iphone haven't been notified of messages today, this is getting beyond a joke now.
    Blomsternisse likes this.
    05-16-14 12:24 PM
    I have the same problem on my iphone 4s running ios7.
    05-26-14 12:18 PM
    The problem is iphone which is the most outdated and old smartphone on the market today. My old Sg4 destroys the iphone5. Get an android or buy the z30 which is the best smartphone on the market today. Apple is just pure crap. It's amazing to hear ex iPhone users comments once they leave iphone for another smartphone . They can't believe how they used an iPhone and thought it was a smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    dusdal and CDM76 like this.
    05-30-14 08:40 PM
    Does the new BBM for iphone update potentially solve this problem? My wife has been having the same issue for a while now and so we have gone back to using texts only.
    06-04-14 06:49 PM
    It seemed to have improved before this release.
    06-06-14 01:23 AM
    I still experience some issues when chatting with friends who have the iOS version of BBM.. it's frustrating!

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 11:14 PM
    Yup, iOS is still bad...

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 12:32 PM
    Loaded BBM on my friend's iPhone. Program doesn't show the Star or asterisk notification of new messages. He has to go into the app to see if there are new messages. The BBM app, on his phone "desktop" doesn't indicate a new message.
    This really defeats the utility of BBM as an efficient texting/messaging app.
    Not sure if this is a flaw with BBM in iPhone environment, or an IOS issues where it suppresses the red notification star from appearing in the BBM icon without opening the app.
    Disappointing and limiting for cross-platform adoption of BBM.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 08:52 AM
    I don't understand this! I updated BBM on my mother's iPad and still the app on iOS has to be opened in order to make Voice calls!

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175
    06-14-14 07:07 AM
    This has got worse again for my ios friends.
    06-16-14 03:29 PM
    Atleast I'm not the only one with iPhone friends who take FOREVER!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 06:53 PM
    Yesterday 2 of my iOS BBM friends met, and while sitting next to each others, they decided to test BBM on iOS, as I used to constantly complain that they only rarely read nor responded to the BBM messages I sent to them.
    Later they called me and told me about their findings:

when iPhone is locked, they will get a brief notification on a new BBM message on their lock screens, which will disappear shortly, but no red asterisk on the BBM icon will appear. So if they don't sit and stare at their iPhones all day long, or check open the BBM app every other minute, they will most likely overlook a BBM message. Whatsapp, in comparision, does not behave like that on iOS, notifications reliably arrive on both lock screen and icon, regardless of what the user is doing with the phone.
    Many messages they sent to each others, while sitting next each others, where either not delivered, or they were, but the sender didn't get an R, and the message stayed on grey. The 2nd or 3rd message then got delivered, the sender got an R, while the older messages remained on grey. Again, comparing to Whatsapp, as long as the service is up and running, is considered to perform much more reliably.

Both were on the latest BBM for iOS version, which got released some 2 weeks ago, I think.
    Their conclusion was that at the moment, BBM was of absolutely no use for them, and that BBM on iOS was extremely buggy and unreliable, besides being very difficult to use, very difficult to find and connect to others (their opinion, I tend to agree).
    Finally, they urged me to consider going back to Whatsapp, as they were not keen on continuing to deal with a buggy app (like they did it over so many months now since XBBM got released), just to do me a personal favour.

I'm running out of ideas of how to retain iOS BMM users, without BB FINALLY fixing these nasty issues.
    06-19-14 08:51 AM
    I just don't get that. Why isn't BB able to fix that!?
    I just came back home from meeting one of the guys from my previous post. He demonstrated to me what I wrote about. He asked me to send him BBM messages, one after the other.
    In 2 out of 3 cases, no red star on the BBM icon showed! Never! We waited, up to 20 minutes, and nothing happened (except the notification on the lock screen).
    One message didn't get delivered at all.
    My friend told me that this problem has been driving him crazy, since the very first release of BBM on iOS.

We also tested Whatsapp: he used his wife to continuously send him messages (I don't have WA installed). Not a single one did not get delivered! Not a single one did not generate the notification on the icon!

I consider BBM on iOS as barely usable - not getting notified properly conflicts with the one and only purpose of a messaging app: to instantly get aware when someone sends you a message. Like I said, I don't get it, why they can't fix that.
    Blomsternisse likes this.
    06-19-14 05:15 PM
    What gnirkatto said. Totally.
    This post has to be sent to BBM or BlackBerry support !!

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 07:12 PM
    You would not believe what I did already in order to make BB aware.
    Posted here on CB, in several threads (I know this is no good habit, but....), posted in the BB support forums, bug reports, tweeted BB's support. And they keep on releasing one new iOS version after the other, and this never ever changes!?!?!?

I'm really desperate. I don't want to abandon BBM nor the platform BB10. And, I want to continue advertising for BBM and to convince new users, without feeling sh*tty about it. But how ?

If anyone has an idea of what else to do, pls tell.
    nah.uhh likes this.
    06-20-14 03:35 AM
    The bad news us that those high BBM numbers released yesterday may give them the false sense that that gave this nailed .... that the bug reports you have conveyed (which echo the experience of my own iOS contacts in using the App) are scattered and a problem that BlackBerry need not worry about. I am printing this thread and faxing it and other wise sending on. I feel you disappointment and admire your efforts.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 04:01 AM
    Tweeted BBM with this thread, don't expect a response.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 05:53 AM
    Yesterday 2 of my iOS BBM friends met, and while sitting next to each others, they decided to test BBM on iOS, as I used to constantly complain that they only rarely read nor responded to the BBM messages I sent to them.
    Later they called me and told me about their findings:

when iPhone is locked, they will get a brief notification on a new BBM message on their lock screens, which will disappear shortly, but no red asterisk on the BBM icon will appear. So if they don't sit and stare at their iPhones all day long, or check open the BBM app every other minute, they will most likely overlook a BBM message. Whatsapp, in comparision, does not behave like that on iOS, notifications reliably arrive on both lock screen and icon, regardless of what the user is doing with the phone.
    Many messages they sent to each others, while sitting next each others, where either not delivered, or they were, but the sender didn't get an R, and the message stayed on grey. The 2nd or 3rd message then got delivered, the sender got an R, while the older messages remained on grey. Again, comparing to Whatsapp, as long as the service is up and running, is considered to perform much more reliably.

Both were on the latest BBM for iOS version, which got released some 2 weeks ago, I think.
    Their conclusion was that at the moment, BBM was of absolutely no use for them, and that BBM on iOS was extremely buggy and unreliable, besides being very difficult to use, very difficult to find and connect to others (their opinion, I tend to agree).
    Finally, they urged me to consider going back to Whatsapp, as they were not keen on continuing to deal with a buggy app (like they did it over so many months now since XBBM got released), just to do me a personal favour.

I'm running out of ideas of how to retain iOS BMM users, without BB FINALLY fixing these nasty issues.
    Not sure if this will work, but do they have the most recent update running on their phone? Also turning off the iPhone to reset it can help.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 05:06 PM
161 1234 ...