I talked to a iOS BBM friend today who didn't reply to my message in 3 days (it stayed on D), and he claimed that he saw the notification on the lock screen, but it never arrived in the app, he also had no notificaton on the app icon. He also claimed to have the latest BBM version installed, and now I HOPE that he doesn't. Will meet him in the next few days and check this out. Hopefully our excitement wasn't premature.
    09-04-14 01:41 PM
    I'm still not sure if this works 100% of the time as one of my friends still doesn't always read all my messages until some hours after.
    09-04-14 01:51 PM
    Well, another update released today for iOS. BBM version 2.4.0.15 and still this issue persists. Unhappy customer
    09-05-14 01:52 PM
    I can't send pictures on my bbm from the "loaner" I'm using till I get my z10. I have sent like 4 pics and it still shows as "sending " and that was over half hour ago
    09-05-14 02:35 PM
    With the previous update notifications were all good, with the latest today my sister is back to getting phantom notifications :-(

Download Noted, my 5-star rated, native BB10 notepad app.
    09-05-14 06:51 PM
    I've been tryin all day to send pics and I can't
    09-05-14 07:21 PM
    Something definitely isn't working properly as I have tested sending from an ipad and it hasn't arrived to my BlackBerry. My BlackBerry also doesn't show the message I sent to the ipad as delivered.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 09:33 AM
    I am very sorry about that, but I have to confirm that the problems are still on.
    I checked with 2 of my iOS BBM friends yesterday, who have the latest iOS and BBM versions installed:

• Sometimes, no notification shows on the app icon (the old bug that BBM on iOS has suffered from since almost a year now).
    • Sometimes, when a call arrives on the iphone that a BBM message was just sent to, no notification on the icon will show.
    • Sometimes, when multiple messages in a row are being sent to an iPhone, and the last message arrives while the previous ones are still being read, the iPhone will not receive additional notification

It is now crystal clear the BB does not have the ability to release a properly working messaging client on iOS.

For me personally, this means the following:

• I will no longer embarrass myself by adverstising for BB nor for BBM. For those, who already abandoned BBM in the past, and who I convinced to give it another try as the new version got released a week ago or so, BBM and the whole company BB is just laughable now.
    • I will at least abandon BBM, but most likely also abandon the BB platform, which is kinda heartbreaking, as I have been a BB user from the very early BB days on. However, communication via an IM is critical for me, and there are just no other alternatives on BB10 (Whatsapp no longer being an option for me either, and I will not use ports for that purpose).

So all this talking about "BBM being by far the best messenger that we all love" (copyright CB), and all these nice Passports, Classics, and all these security arguments are in fact pointless, if BB fails to release products that simply work.

What a shame.
    09-07-14 09:20 AM
    Ditto!!

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 09:24 AM
    The whole app software needs to be re-written from scratch for iOS. I can't believe after almost a year since release, such bugs aren't fixed. Quite sad and annoying.

I used to be a blackberry user, primarily because of BBM and gave it up for an iphone after the app was released on all platforms. Looks like I have to stick to whatsapp for now
    09-08-14 04:49 AM
    I will have to offload some of my frustration here at the community, sorry for that. Of course I also hope BB will read and FINALLY succeed in fixing this. However, my hopes are limited.

Yesterday, I said that I will most likely have to abandon not only BBM, but also the platform BB. Because I don't want to do that, I did some research and here are - again - status and options:

• BBM on iOS is not working properly. I cannot rely on a friend having received a message, and I cannot tell if he just decided to ignore my message, or that he didn't get aware, due to the absence of a notification. Whenever it is urgent, I have to call or text (!) them, to figure out if they received my message, and if not, to re-send it or to read it for them and to ask for their response.
    • As BB was not capable of fixing this bug in almost a year, I do no longer believe they will be able to do so in the near future.
    • The only native alternative on BB10 is Whatsapp. I gave up using Whatsapp once BBMx became available, as I didn't want Suckerberg & Co to get hold of my entire contacts database. I still don't want Whatsapp for that reason.
    • All other messengers are ports, or have to be "sideloaded" (meaning installed) as an Android app. I am not keen on using a ported or "sideloaded" app as my messaging solution. Example Viber: they claim to offer BB10 support. In fact it is a port. If I look at the reviews in BB world, it makes me throw up. Also research in other sources shows that the BB10 port does not really work well. Same/similar can be found for other messenger ports or "sideloads". Even if a port works, kind of, it is laggy, lacks proper hub integration etc. I think a messenger is not appropriate for a port. It has to be a native solution.

No matter how hard I try - there seems to be no other solution than to move to a new platform and say goodbye to BB after so many years. Congratulations BB, a few Canadian bucks saved, long term customers lost, brand name damaged.
    09-08-14 08:17 AM
    Bbm still working flawlessly since last update from my q10 and z30 to iPhone 4s and 5's. Never worked till the mid august update.

Storm to curve 9360 to z10 to z30
    09-10-14 04:39 PM
    A iOS BBM friend (5s, latest OS, latest BBM) who I talked into using BBM just called, being rather upset, to tell me that he receives notification on the lock screen, but then there is no message in the app. There is a delay of 10 to 15 minutes between the lockscreen notification and the message arriving in the app. He is telling that this does not always happen, but on a regular basis, and it is driving him crazy. He asked me if I would mind if he gave up using BBM. I asked him to hold on for a few more days. I still don't know what to do. Go back to Whatsapp? Start messing with a lousy Android port? Change platform and buy me a new phone? I hate all these options. Thank you, Blackberry.
    09-10-14 04:51 PM
    A iOS BBM friend (5s, latest OS, latest BBM) who I talked into using BBM just called, being rather upset, to tell me that he receives notification on the lock screen, but then there is no message in the app. There is a delay of 10 to 15 minutes between the lockscreen notification and the message arriving in the app. He is telling that this does not always happen, but on a regular basis, and it is driving him crazy. He asked me if I would mind if he gave up using BBM. I asked him to hold on for a few more days. I still don't know what to do. Go back to Whatsapp? Start messing with a lousy Android port? Change platform and buy me a new phone? I hate all these options. Thank you, Blackberry.
    I don't believe it's BBM, WhatsApp used to this in earlier versions on ios, it's one reason why I stopped using it when I used that crap phone (4s). There would be a notification for the message and it could be viewed via the banner but opening WhatsApp there would be a delay in the populating of the chat message.

I believe there is an inherent issue within ios on how it presents notification and application data.

I've seen this with other apps.
    09-10-14 05:09 PM
    None of my iOS friends had any of these issues with WhatsApp in the last year. They all use WA as their main messenger ( as bbm is still not reliable ). Yes WA had outages, but as long as the service was available, there were no notification problems.
    09-10-14 07:12 PM
    None of my iOS friends had any of these issues with WhatsApp in the last year. They all use WA as their main messenger ( as bbm is still not reliable ). Yes WA had outages, but as long as the service was available, there were no notification problems.
    Exactly. It has been an issue for the better part of a year now with XBBM. And WA had worked reliably almost always for much longer.

Sad that BBRY has such loser developers. I, for one, have given up trying to be their salesman.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 11:56 PM
    This same guy who called me yesterday, just sent me iOS/BBM screen shots from his phone, to prove the following to me:
    For a message that I sent to him yesterday at 9.25pm, and that already had arrived in the app yesterday, a lockscreen notification popped up tonight, at 9.56pm. More than a day later.

BBM on iOS is nothing but a big, embarrassing joke.
    09-11-14 03:24 PM
    Well, with iOS 8 out now, for those that have updated to it, has there been any change with this persistent issue on BBM for iphone?
    09-19-14 03:52 PM
    My girlfriend just asked me to go back to regular text because half of the time she doesn't receive notification for my BBM. Not particularly happy with that. I asked her to update to iOS 8. We'll see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-19-14 08:25 PM
    My girlfriend just asked me to go back to regular text because half of the time she doesn't receive notification for my BBM. Not particularly happy with that. I asked her to update to iOS 8. We'll see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This is a big problem. I don't understand why that is, I'm not a tech guy but it seems like something that should have been fixed two updates ago.
    09-19-14 08:49 PM
    This is a big problem. I don't understand why that is, I'm not a tech guy but it seems like something that should have been fixed two updates ago.
    It is a problem that should never have existed in the first place. No other cross platform messaging service had had such long standing problems (and please... those of you who will jump in to point out that Whatsapp occasionally crashes... please don't... I've used both routinely enough to know).

Posted via CB10
    velkod likes this.
    09-19-14 09:05 PM
    I would love to see the source code for BBM for iOS to see what they are doing wrong. I bet a competent iOS developer could help them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-19-14 09:09 PM
    I chat with my bro via BBM who has in iPhone 5s almost every day with out any problems...

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 09:12 PM
    I chat with my bro via BBM who has in iPhone 5s almost every day with out any problems...

Posted via CB10
    It's been pretty well documented in numerous posts that it works best when in constant use.

It's what happens when left idle for a while (sometimes days) that appears to cause most of the problems.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 10:46 PM
    I would love to see the source code for BBM for iOS to see what they are doing wrong. I bet a competent iOS developer could help them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would be interesting... I'll bet you're right.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 10:47 PM
161 ... 4567