Hi,

My friend keeps moaning that he is not getting my messages on his iphone 5, sent from my Z10 for many hours as he doesn't always seem to be getting notified and so only seems to get the messages when he just happens to open bbm. Any ideas as I have to keep defending bbm to him as it works flawlessly on my z10.
    04-28-14 12:32 AM
    Obviously there is something wrong with his iPhone then....

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 01:01 AM
    Tell him to put his push notifications for BBM on.
    iOS defaults it to off and turns it off everytime they push an update. So you need to make sure it is still actually on

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    Last edited by MiSsY_; 04-28-14 at 05:09 AM.
    southlander and bobo616 like this.
    04-28-14 02:24 AM
    Yell him to his push notifications for BBM on.
    iOS defaults it to off and turns it off everytime they push an update

Thanks, I have told him so I will see if that is the problem.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 03:14 AM
    Thanks, I have told him so I will see if that is the problem.

Posted via CB10
    Sure thing. Let us know if that solved it

04-28-14 05:08 AM
    Sadly his push notifications are on already.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 05:46 AM
    I'm tired of acting as customer support for my iOS and Android friends who downloaded bbm...As of today BBMx is a complete flop as far as customer experience is concerned. Or wait, no, there are stickers!...pathetic...

CB10 + my Q(3!+4)
    04-28-14 06:08 AM
    I don't agree it is a flop but I agree it is very difficult to defend it with these problems but I usually advise them to get a BlackBerry instead but I don't think that will ever happen.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 07:07 AM
    What I find most annoying is that on iphones and droids BBM won't sound any notification for newly received message when the chat is open (!). Terrible! I have already gotten more or less the same question from three friends "what's the purpose of an IM if it's not instant? Just defeats the purpose..."

Anf yes, no such problem on BlackBerry devices, and yes the problem has been logged by BlackBerry by numerous users. Waiting for a holy upgrade that fixes something that basic. Until then I keep hearing:
    - just call me or text me if you need immediate repsones

Or I have to instruct them like a call center assistant "Please remember that if you decide to put your phone down you have to exit the BBM chat you're into in order to receive a notification for a new message in that chat." The look of most people's faces is "You kidding?"

CB10 + my Q(3!+4)
    04-28-14 08:52 AM
    I don't seem to be able to re create this issue on an ipad so I don't know what is happening with my friends phone.

Posted via CB10
    iMoose likes this.
    04-28-14 01:53 PM
    Must be a sporadic issue as I've got friends on iOS and Android using BBM and no one has reported any issues to me. 1 on an iPhone 4 (unsure of the OS) 1 on iPhone 4S using iOS 6, 1 on iPhone 5 using iOS 7, 1 on a 5th gen iPod using iOS 7 (I believe) and 9 on varying Android devices with varying OS's (an HTC One, a Samsung Galaxy SII, a Samsung Galaxy SIII, a Samsung Galaxy S4, a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, a Motorola something and a few others that I can't remember).

No one has reported any delays in sending or receiving messages, no missed notifications, no issues at all.
    04-28-14 02:15 PM
    Sound notifications don't work in an OPEN chat - that has been recognized oficially by BlackBerry, yet no solution yet, just "new version coming soon".

You have to get out of the chat, not bbm, in order to hear a notification for a new message.

CB10 + my Q(3!+4)
    04-28-14 02:28 PM
    Sound notifications don't work in an OPEN chat - that has been recognized oficially by BlackBerry, yet no solution yet, just "new version coming soon".

You have to get out of the chat, not bbm, in order to hear a notification for a new message.

CB10 + my Q(3!+4)
    Isn't this by design?

Why the hell would I want my phone to make noise in a conversation that I have open, and can see the message coming in anyways?
    CDM76, MiSsY_ and anon(4185604) like this.
    04-28-14 06:21 PM

CB10 + my Q(3!+4)
    But if bbm is closed as most people do after they have finished using it the notifications should then go off so not much of an issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 01:47 AM
    What I find most annoying is that on iphones and droids BBM won't sound any notification for newly received message when the chat is open (!). Terrible! I have already gotten more or less the same question from three friends "what's the purpose of an IM if it's not instant? Just defeats the purpose..."

Anf yes, no such problem on BlackBerry devices, and yes the problem has been logged by BlackBerry by numerous users. Waiting for a holy upgrade that fixes something that basic. Until then I keep hearing:
    - just call me or text me if you need immediate repsones

Or I have to instruct them like a call center assistant "Please remember that if you decide to put your phone down you have to exit the BBM chat you're into in order to receive a notification for a new message in that chat." The look of most people's faces is "You kidding?"

CB10 + my Q(3!+4)
    Take a look at what happens with all the updates and patches Apple keeps pushing.
    Each and every time, if you chose to ignore that, then you are only considering what suites you.
    My experience over BBM with both iOS and Android users had been flawless. To the extent that I only speak to my Android friends over BBM now, this by their choice as well.
    Also there are million threads with rants like yours, the OP came looking for help and your posts haven't really provided any.

And maybe it's just me, although from other comments I see it's not, I don't want me phone to notify me that I have a new message for a conversation I'm already in

04-29-14 05:21 AM
    I don't seem to be able to re create this issue on an ipad so I don't know what is happening with my friends phone.

Posted via CB10
    I know it sounds silly but have they tried to hard reboot the iPhone?
    Someone else in the forums said their son had on an iPhone4 was the only phone in his house hold that just wouldn't work properly with BBM, all the others were on Android and BB10 and he tried everything. After a hard reboot on the iPhone everything worked as it should. So maybe your frend can give that a go

04-29-14 05:24 AM
    I know it sounds silly but have they tried to hard reboot the iPhone?
    Someone else in the forums said their son had on an iPhone4 was the only phone in his house hold that just wouldn't work properly with BBM, all the others were on Android and BB10 and he tried everything. After a hard reboot on the iPhone everything worked as it should. So maybe your frend can give that a go

Thanks, I will ask him to give it a go.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 05:42 AM
    Sadly he has said he has done this many times without success.

It seems to be more of an issue of the messages being delayed as although on my phone it shows as delivered he doesn't always receive them. He might then receive one of my messages and then open up bbm and get a few messages in quick succession.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 06:47 AM
    The complaints logged previously are legitimate.
    BBM needs serious updates and it's needs them yesterday !!!
    Messages not arriving on iOS. No sound notifications after open chat.....
    I have seen it. Not a happy camper here.
    Deanig_12 and haringfish like this.
    04-29-14 10:04 PM
    Take a look at what happens with all the updates and patches Apple keeps pushing.
    Each and every time, if you chose to ignore that, then you are only considering what suites you.
    My experience over BBM with both iOS and Android users had been flawless. To the extent that I only speak to my Android friends over BBM now, this by their choice as well.
    Also there are million threads with rants like yours, the OP came looking for help and your posts haven't really provided any.

And maybe it's just me, although from other comments I see it's not, I don't want me phone to notify me that I have a new message for a conversation I'm already in

Please note what I have written - the issue has been OFFICIALLY recognized and logged by BlackBerry on their website in the standard way issues are handled (if you look through some threads you'll find the link) - there is a response that the team is looking into it and they suggest workarounds.

On the topic if it's an issue or not - i've been using BlackBerry for almost 10 years now so i'm 'a little bit' used to BBM sounding notifications with every message received...People have a chat going but don't have to stare at the phone all the time, you put your phone down and do some other work, because guess what the other party is also busy and might take a few minutes to reply...so in order to understand they've written back you have to first remember to leave the chat with them..."instant" and "convenient"...

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 05:07 PM
    If you put the phone down and the screen times out or the lock the screen when you put it down you don't get a notification sound?

05-01-14 10:47 AM
    If you put the phone down and the screen times out or the lock the screen when you put it down you don't get a notification sound?

If this is the case, then I can see how it is a defect. Otherwise, I'd say it's by design, then BlackBerry backtracked and defined it as a defect due to user expectations.
    05-01-14 12:53 PM
    i hurd alot of this over the past couple of months since the last update and i my self is having the same problem i love bbm but on IOS for sumresason its started to lag :S the notifications dont come threw and are jitury coem on bb you can do this youve done it for android
    05-02-14 12:53 PM
    The complaints logged previously are legitimate.
    BBM needs serious updates and it's needs them yesterday !!!
    Messages not arriving on iOS. No sound notifications after open chat.....
    I have seen it. Not a happy camper here.
    i deffo +1 this!! me 2 having same problem :/
    05-02-14 12:54 PM
    Are the the iOS users here that are having issues, all on iOS7?

05-02-14 03:32 PM
161 123 ...