I can not start any BBM Voice call on my Z30!
    Using latest official versions of BB10 and BBM, connected via WiFi.
    When trying to connect to a BlackBerry device the video chat starts immediately without being able to choose a voice call, when trying to connect to an Android device, there is no icon in the chat to connect!
    I read in an other forum about the same error, but found no solution :-(
    Are there any settings to change or can it depend on my provider (Telekom) even with WiFi?
    Any help appreciated,
    Frank.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 05:34 AM
    New android bbm must be installed and must be running at the background ( usually iphone)

And plus make sure people your calling are in supported region

(saudi arabia dubai etc not supported)

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 05:37 AM
    So this is an issue indeed on the new bbm 10.3, at least that I know of. It happens most of the time for me though in an occasion that is very unlikely the voice call button just sits there on its place. Regardless the settings, regardless the carrier, both use wifi though. Here I try to do voice call with my Android phone via bbm to my Z10.

First one is from my Android. There you can see the icon/button for voice call.
    No BBM Voice Calls at all from Z30-novoicecallbutton.png

Second one from my BlackBerry. Nothing.

No BBM Voice Calls at all from Z30-novoice-calls-button.png

They really need to fix this. They get it right on other platforms. Why not their own? *sigh
    02-17-14 05:59 AM
    Maybe its cuz of different version os is there and its new version and im sure they will roll new version to solve the issue

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 06:51 AM
    Thanks everybody for replying.
    Of course I have used the latest version on Android as well, in fact I can't contact the Android phone, but on the Android device I see my Z30 - but when trying to connect to it says: contact is not available at the moment.
    So I really suppose there is a bug in BBM 10.3.
    Frank.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 07:39 AM
    I'm having the same issue. I have an iPhone 4GS, a Motorola Moto X and the BlackBerry Z30 (latest OS 10.2.1.2141 and latest BBM.) I have installed the newest version of BBM on all phones and registered 3 different accounts. For testing purposes, all three are able to make phone-calls, the wifi is turned on and working. BBM-text-chat works well between the 3 phones. The iPhone and the Moto X, both have the green voice-chat-icon in the upper right corner, whereas it is missing on the Z30. I have already rebooted the Z30. The iPhone and the Moto X are able to use voice-chat.

This is not just annoying but flat out ridiculous. I convinced several family members to change from WhatsApp to BBM. And now THEY can voice-chat but not with me, the only one owning a BlackBerry!
    02-21-14 01:28 AM
    Latest system update (10.2.1.2102) didn't solve the BBM Voice Bug on the Z30.
    In fact it is ridiculous that BBM fails on a BlackBerry device :-(

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 04:46 AM
    Crips. Noticed this as well, Bocking fix this oopps your gone sorry

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jic999; 02-23-14 at 12:43 PM.
    02-23-14 05:24 AM
    Well, I am able to activate voice calls, when I change the SIM card. It will not work with a T-iMobile SIM, but with Vodafone, here in Germany. But that is no solution for me.

Gesendet von meinem Z30 mit Tapatalk
    02-23-14 11:14 AM
    This was my first thought - the German Telekom blocks Voice over IP.
    But they should not block via WiFi!

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 01:57 AM
    Are there any news?
    Even after installing BBM Voice from BlackBerry World additionally (Telekom advised me) there is no BBM Voice for my Z30.
    Regards.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 02:31 AM
    I just realize it now, when some of my friend ask me to activate my bbm voice--- there is no bbm voice call icon on the top right Bbm chat, where is it??? even after using wifi or using voice call over carrier, still no bbm voice call icon

before the update of Bbm to 10.3 ver, I still saw the icon of bbm voice call.

what is the problem?? why blackberry developer hasn't fix it yet??

I am using OS 10.2.1 and bbm 10.3

Posted from my Qu 10
    03-12-14 04:31 PM
    Same here. No BBM Voice with the Z30 on T-Mobile Germany.
    03-29-14 06:43 AM
    New android bbm must be installed and must be running at the background ( usually iphone)

And plus make sure people your calling are in supported region

(saudi arabia dubai etc not supported)

Posted via CB10
    Saudi Arabia is supported, just saying.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 07:55 AM
    I recently upgraded my OS to the official T-Mobile version and then NO BBM VOICE calling. I can receive calls but not make them. Is this just an issue with T-Mobile users?
    03-29-14 04:27 PM
    I turned on then off Airplane Mode to reset my network, I was then able to place a BBM Call. This appears to be a temporary fix.
    Last edited by Taede; 03-29-14 at 08:08 PM.
    03-29-14 04:41 PM
    When I remove the sim card BBM voice is available, putting the sim card back, the BBM voice icon disappeared again, so it is definitely a T-Mobile problem!
    Regards.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 09:52 AM
    I am facing similar issues with BBM voice on my Z30 the voice call icon does not highlights on the top left. Where as BBM voice perfectly works on my Sony xperia. I'm surprised that BlackBerry is so careless about their own OS and their flagship device.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 12:54 PM
    I am facing similar issues with BBM voice on my Z30 the voice call icon does not highlights on the top left. Where as BBM voice perfectly works on my Sony xperia. I'm surprised that BlackBerry is so careless about their own OS and their flagship device.

Posted via CB10
    Does it actually work on your xperia? I mean did you try it? It could be your carrier blocking voice calls.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 01:39 PM
    Hi.

On our german forum we have a Workaround.
    Install the app bbm voice, connect to bbm, minimize, open contacts and tap on the green button. Then u have the choice between voice and video. After that u can close the app.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/35010902

The problems were with T-Mobile Germany and Z30
    04-21-14 01:55 PM
    I had several support calls with German T-Mobile, everybody advised me to install bbm voice. But at least on my Z30 the app doesn't work. So I still wait for the German t mobile to solve the problem!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 05:00 AM
    Add me up on bbm 7AA7A988

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    05-03-14 05:27 AM
    I upgraded three days ago from Z10 to Z30. the Z10 was working nicely, albeit there were a few problems using BBM Voice when driving in a car or walking around.

Now on my Z30 I don't get the option to make calls and calls are rejected from e. g. Android with "User not available".

If I take my SIM card and put in an Android device or back to the Z10 I can still do BBM Voice calls, even without Wifi. So the problem is not the provider but has more to do with the Z30 itself because the Z10 is still working (with and without Wifi).

Markus
    05-24-14 06:13 PM
    Interesting, just had a telephone conference with Telekom and BlackBerry and they supposed a problem with my dual SIM card (I have a so called Telekom combicard)
    So, do you have also a combicard or just a normal contract?

Posted via CB10
    05-26-14 02:05 PM
    So, T-Mobile has changed my SIM card + the latest BBM Voice App from BlackBerry World (few days ago) : now it is working.
    There was probably a bug in the App!

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 02:33 PM
29 12